Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark malfunctioned returning home
555 2 2017-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansca26519a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33573 ft
United States

Hey All,

I need your help. 2 days ago I was flying my DJI Spark.

When it gave me a battery low indicator at 30%, I pressed the RTH button. Spark was returning fine.

But in the middle of the flight, I got a pop up on the screen saying "Aircraft is too far".

It wasn't that far. It was around 575 ft far.
All of a sudden I lost control to the aircraft and it was landing at it's current position.

There was still more than 4 minutes of battery life left in the aircraft, still it decided to land in the current position and it landed in the water.

The aircraft is not working ever since. I don't know if I should use DJI repair facility. Since they charge 65 dollars and hour and on the top of that there will a component cost.
I suppose I can just ask for quote, but I am not sure if I can refuse the services after the quote.

P.S.: My aircraft is 3 weeks old and still in the wanrranty.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Since your drone dropped into the water, I would recommend you contact our support and start a case. Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support. Also, your flight data is needed. Please provide the flight record and the flight controller data. Then upload to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It can very much depend on the wind if you still had 570 ft to go and Spark didn’t think there was enough battery to make it to homepoint it will just land.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules