Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark manual shooting at night
3229 14 2017-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Have anyone notice, when try to do photo shooting at night with manual exposure like 1-2 seconds.  Spark will disconnect with RC for a second as well, the video feed will turn black and white.  Thats very scary!  I had phantom and Mavic never had such issue with night shooting.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did it happen frequently? Please provide the information of the firmware and the version of your app. It will be better if you can provide a video about this situation, thanks a lot.
2017-10-12
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-12 19:53
Did it happen frequently? Please provide the information of the firmware and the version of your app. It will be better if you can provide a video about this situation, thanks a lot.

The firmware is the latest one from DJI with my iPhone 7 plus update to ISO11.0.3 also the DJI Go4 is the latest one.

I tried last night, this short period disconnect happened every single time when I shoot under manual with IOS200 and 1-2 seconds exposure.  Whenever I press the shutter the video feed will become black and white for a second.  And sometimes I can even saw the upper status bar in red said signal disconnect.  But it reconnect automatically after a second or two, but really scary.

Honestly that my second flights at night for Spark, the first one was two months ago which I don’t notice this issue.  But last night is very obvious.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-10-12 22:41
The firmware is the latest one from DJI with my iPhone 7 plus update to ISO11.0.3 also the DJI Go4 is the latest one.

I tried last night, this short period disconnect happened every single time when I shoot under manual with IOS200 and 1-2 seconds exposure.  Whenever I press the shutter the video feed will become black and white for a second.  And sometimes I can even saw the upper status bar in red said signal disconnect.  But it reconnect automatically after a second or two, but really scary.

Thanks for the update. Please export your flight data so we can locate the problem. We would forward your situation to our engineers for check.
2017-10-13
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-13 02:03
Thanks for the update. Please export your flight data so we can locate the problem. We would forward your situation to our engineers for check.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A

Where am I support to upload those blackbox and flight log?
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-10-13 06:33

Please refer to the video posted in the previous response.
2017-10-13
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

You know that on long exposures the feed will go dark for the duration on the exposure ?
The sensor is busy recording your pic. Thats normal. And you wouldn't want the RC to move the drone while taking the pic anyways. Sounds like standard operating to me.

Or did you mean that you get a disconnect message from it ?
2017-10-13
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

My video feed also looses colors when doing 2-second shots.
I did not see disconnects. (No messages and the green rc led remained green).
2017-10-13
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-10-13 14:20
You know that on long exposures the feed will go dark for the duration on the exposure ?
The sensor is busy recording your pic. Thats normal. And you wouldn't want the RC to move the drone while taking the pic anyways. Sounds like standard operating to me.

Yes that’s my thinking too.  But I get disconnected message from it.  I very short moment on th top status bar said disconnected.  Too bad I haven’t think of doing screen recording.
2017-10-13
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 13:18
Please refer to the video posted in the previous response.

The video did not said where to upload those except DJI server......
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-10-13 06:33

You can connect your spark with your PC and download the DJI Assistant 2 to get the needed data. Please upload to dropbox and post the link here.
2017-10-13
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-13 22:18
You can connect your spark with your PC and download the DJI Assistant 2 to get the needed data. Please upload to dropbox and post the link here.

Please kind check the link added for all log and data regarding that flight.DJI assistant data
Flight record
black box
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-10-15 19:29
Please kind check the link added for all log and data regarding that flight.DJI assistant data
Flight record
black box

Thanks for your update. I would forward it to our engineers for check. Please wait patiently.
2017-10-16
Use props
fans79227c9b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 59537 ft
Ireland

Any update on this? Was shooting sphere just 30min ago with manual exposure. Every time spark took a picture I got a message on top bar (turned red) no signal. And then after a sec came back..46 pictures... Man I was
2017-11-16
Use props
Krrisstoff
Captain
Flight distance : 1725610 ft
  • >>>
Poland

It's the same with me. When taking a picture in manual mode, for a long time, it breaks the connection for a moment (black and white preview and disconnected instant message)
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules