1118 9 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Video from yesterday, abit to much wind for my liking, but I paid the price. I now have a couple of stress cracks
2017-10-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Beautiful scenery, but came at a cost, didn't it?
2017-10-13
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Great video, I love Snowdonia. pity about the cracks.
2017-10-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful scenery!
Indeed a bit unstable footage.
Good luck with your cracks...
2017-10-13
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do have some reinforcement plates, I might stick them on and hope for the best.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the cracks, It is not recommended to stick them on, you may need to get the shell replaced. I would recommend you send it in for a diagnosis and repair. BTW,  Very beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing!
2017-10-15
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Two questions.  In the first minute, there were a couple of small square things outside that cabin - lids look to be about 3 feet square.  What are they?  Then, in the last half of your video, you flew around that cylindrical structure in the water.  What is that?  They all look very interesting.  Good subject selection.
2017-10-15
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-15 19:50
Two questions.  In the first minute, there were a couple of small square things outside that cabin - lids look to be about 3 feet square.  What are they?  Then, in the last half of your video, you flew around that cylindrical structure in the water.  What is that?  They all look very interesting.  Good subject selection.

Answer 1 I haven't got the foggiest what those metal lids are, probably something to do with water testing????

Answer 2 Thats the Straining tower from above.

2017-10-16
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Dale 68 Posted at 2017-10-16 05:53
Answer 1 I haven't got the foggiest what those metal lids are, probably something to do with water testing????

Answer 2 Thats the Straining tower from above.

When they flooded the village of Capel Celyn with the new reservoir, the cemetary graves never got moved except for 8 of them.  Maybe those metal boxes have something to do with the bodies that were left??

At any rate, it's kinda creepy to drown a whole village like that just to make a lake.  All the submerged stuff that must be down there underwater.  I would not want to scuba dive in it!
2017-10-16
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-16 06:05
When they flooded the village of Capel Celyn with the new reservoir, the cemetary graves never got moved except for 8 of them.  Maybe those metal boxes have something to do with the bodies that were left??

At any rate, it's kinda creepy to drown a whole village like that just to make a lake.  All the submerged stuff that must be down there underwater.  I would not want to scuba dive in it!

The metal lid things are at Arenig Fawr on the map circled red. The other two lakes used to be  villages as well, Lake Bala and Lake Vyrnwy, I remember many years ago going to Vyrnwy when we had a drought you were able to cross over the old village bridge and see all the outlines of the houses, and see the grave stones.
Untitled.jpg
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules