Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimble issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7c0423f7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641407 ft
United States

It would appear that my gimble might have something loose?    Maybe.  the unit is brand new.  but only 50% of the time when I turn it on does the gimble work correctly.  50% of the time it has no video transmission and no SD card data.  But the unit flies so it is connected.  I can then power it down and the battery circle light flashes and it takes longer than normal to shut down.  Then I reboot and everything is fine...

What do you guy think?

I was wondering if I could flash the firmware.  Or maybe remove the gimble and reseat all the connections.
2017-10-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would send it back, since it's brand new.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Do not remove the gimbal. If this is a new unit, please contact the point of purchase and see what the refund period is.
2017-10-13
Use props
fans7c0423f7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641407 ft
United States

Best Buy...  they say to contact the manufacturer...  or pay 15% restocking fee.  Can't really afford the downtime currently using it for a 107 operation.  We are already short aircraft.  This one was bought as a back up for another one that had a defective Gimble  That one had a stress crack visible in it after just a few hours.
2017-10-13
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gimbal disconnect issues do occur on the Mavic after more aggressive flying but your case is not good - I would strongly suggest returning it to DJI for a diagnostic evaluation and repair.
2017-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules