Images and Videos on Album of App but cannot get them off
2604 6 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MitchellKrog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10715 ft
South Africa

During one of my first flights my SD card failed due to it being a non-compliant SD Card.

I was bummed when I got home and a lot of footage was missing from the SD card on the Drone.

But now last night I opened the Album Section of the RC and some of that foootage (albeit only 720p) and all the still images I shot are there in the Album but I simply cannot get them off onto my Mac or PC and I have tried everything. When I mount I get both P4P+ and DJI mounted as drives (see screenshot)

On both Mac and Windows I have connected the Remote by turning on USB Storage Mode on the RC and looking through all the folders possible and all I can find is 5 screenshots in JPG format but the album shows about 48-50 Jpeg's and 3 Video files. Where are these actually stored and how on earth can I get them off?

I have been going at this now for about 4 hours solid and simply cannot find them anywhere to copy them off but they are there.

Folders

Folders

album-01

album-01
dji-003.jpg
2017-10-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Are you using an android or IOS device? The pictures and video are in your tablet, not the RC and it will depend on whether it is IOS or android as to how to get them.
2017-10-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jenee 2 is correct, it will depend upon which OS you use, but it will be simpler using a PC than a Mac. The pictures and video are not full quality, and you cannot get full quality from anywhere other than the SD card in the aircraft. The ones you see are 'Proof' copies of both photos and videos at a lower resolution, and may also contain glitches from the radio transmission. If you are looking for the photos or movies, you might try looking in the 'DCIM' folder for a start. There may also be several sub-folders in there before you get to the pictures.
2017-10-13
Use props
MitchellKrog
lvl.2
South Africa

Thanks for the replies I am using the App on the P4 Pro remote with built in screen which runs Android. I have connected it both to a Windows PC and macOS and searches through every single folder but all I can find is 5 screenshots in one folder the rest are hiding somewhere that’s not showing when I mount the remote controller to the pc/Mac. The only way so far I have been able to get some of them off is to share them from the album to SkyPixel but there’s no other sharing option like maybe Dropbox which would help me get them off. I do understand those images and videos on the remote controller are not the greatest quality but I would still really like to get them off if at all possible. I can I learned a hard lesson about not using properly compliant sd cards.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Cached photos are stored in F:\DJI\dji.pilot.pad\CACHE_IMAGEA.
Cached videos are stored in F:\DJI\dji.pilot.pad\DJI_RECORD.
Please check if you had opened the right path.
2017-10-14
Use props
MitchellKrog
lvl.2
South Africa

Thank you so much @DJI Thor, I found them all. Cannot thank you enough.

2017-10-15
Use props
fansa48ea443
New
United States

cool
I got same problem and now solved
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules