Half an hour of my life lost forever....
1819 20 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SNP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1106011 ft
United Kingdom

I read somewhere long before I took up ownership of a DJI product that their customer services were left wanting to say the least. I have now experienced what DJI consider to be aftercare support and it's far from good. I'm, unfortunately, unable to fly my Mavic Pro safely as the DJI Go 4 app no longer connects to the aircraft/remote despite the various actions I've taken. I say "fly safely" because at present the only way that I can fly is by using an old iPad mini (1st gen) or an iPad (4th gen) with Litchi installed. Litchi works but is plagued with glitches in regards to video feed; even though I can clearly see the aircraft 20 feet away! It also is very unresponsive to GUI inputs; sometimes taking several presses of a particular button to get the desired effect. Anyway, on to the (lack of) customer service I've just experienced. As a remedy for the DJI Go App's sudden demise on my iPhone 6 (iOS 11.0.2) 'we' came to the conclusion that due to this being an isolated case I would need to either speak to apple about this instore or buy a 'supported' device. Apparently, iPhone 6 with iOS 11 installed is NOT supported. I was also informed (by DJI customer services) that using Litchi is not advised as it is known to be unstable. But with all things, there is always a silver lining; If I buy a Crystal Sky unit I will no longer have to worry about iOS or Android issues (Yes, Android is also unstable.). Excellent, more of my hard earned money on it's way to you, DJI!

Tut tut tut....
2017-10-13
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Why upgrade to a version of IOS that is not supported? I haven't seen any functionality on the iPhone 6 that is must have.
2017-10-13
Use props
SNP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

All other apps work perfectly fine as did the dji one until I completed a full re-install. We, as DJI ‘subscribers’ pay a considerable amount of money on our devices and associated display options. It’s not good enough to blame these problems on Apple. And like I said at the beginning, I’m not surprised by the response but considerably disappointed....
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Actually, I read where the Litchi Apps were getting some favorable responses. Many who updated their operating systems to ios 11 did not report any issues. Certainly that was my experience with a Mavic and an iPhone 6 with the 11 operating system. What type of aircraft are you flying? What version of the app and firmware do you have?
2017-10-13
Use props
SNP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 11:44
Actually, I read where the Litchi Apps were getting some favorable responses. Many who updated their operating systems to ios 11 did not report any issues. Certainly that was my experience with a Mavic and an iPhone 6 with the 11 operating system. What type of aircraft are you flying? What version of the app and firmware do you have?

Hi, I'm flying a Mavic Pro, latest firmware on controller and aircraft. Initially, the app worked fine even after upgrading to iOS 11. My issues started after wiping the phone and performing a clean install. Now there's no connection at all. The problem is definitely with the software on the phone but I can't figure out how to revert back to iOS 10 without taking drastic steps. One more thing to mention is that Litchi also does not work after the re-install. I've tested an iPhone 7 which worked fine and an iPad mini and iPad (4th gen) using Litchi with varying results. In regards to your comment about Litchi receiving favorable responses; It was a member of the DJI customer services team who said that I shouldn't use Litchi as it could be 'dangerous'.
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

SNP Posted at 2017-10-13 13:21
Hi, I'm flying a Mavic Pro, latest firmware on controller and aircraft. Initially, the app worked fine even after upgrading to iOS 11. My issues started after wiping the phone and performing a clean install. Now there's no connection at all. The problem is definitely with the software on the phone but I can't figure out how to revert back to iOS 10 without taking drastic steps. One more thing to mention is that Litchi also does not work after the re-install. I've tested an iPhone 7 which worked fine and an iPad mini and iPad (4th gen) using Litchi with varying results. In regards to your comment about Litchi receiving favorable responses; It was a member of the DJI customer services team who said that I shouldn't use Litchi as it could be 'dangerous'.

Please consider your iPhone 7 then. You would not have any problems with the Go4 app on that device.
2017-10-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

iOS 11.0.3 is out now, might be worth updating to see if that helps.
2017-10-13
Use props
SNP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-13 13:42
iOS 11.0.3 is out now, might be worth updating to see if that helps.

Already done. And guess what? All is well again! I read through the new release and saw nothing in regards to bug fixes for my problem so methinks Apple is hiding something. Anyway, Madge can soar into the clouds now so all is well!
2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SNP Posted at 2017-10-13 14:19
Already done. And guess what? All is well again! I read through the new release and saw nothing in regards to bug fixes for my problem so methinks Apple is hiding something. Anyway, Madge can soar into the clouds now so all is well!

Very glad to hear that the connection get back to work now. In fact, for using Litchi, it is not recommended because DJI will be not able to review the data on the third-party app if there is a need for data analysis. For the user's own sake, we recommend using DJI GO/DJI GO 4.
So now, if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we are glad to help.
2017-10-13
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am still holding on to iOS 10.3.3 problem free with all the latest DJI FW and GO after experiencing 11.0.1 issues weeks back... DJI GO was faaaaaar from prepared for the changes Apple made. OOOPS!
The lesson I learned was NEVER EVER NEVER UPGRADE iOS just to upgrade... especially with DJI devices and software. You do NOT have to go first and your VERY expensive drone is not worth risking for a crappy software upgrade. ~ No thanks.
2017-10-15
Use props
SNP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bob Brown Posted at 2017-10-15 08:47
I am still holding on to iOS 10.3.3 problem free with all the latest DJI FW and GO after experiencing 11.0.1 issues weeks back... DJI GO was faaaaaar from prepared for the changes Apple made. OOOPS!
The lesson I learned was NEVER EVER NEVER UPGRADE iOS just to upgrade... especially with DJI devices and software. You do NOT have to go first and your VERY expensive drone is not worth risking for a crappy software upgrade. ~ No thanks.

It wasn't one of the 'bug fixing' upgrades. It was the major one from 10 -11. Moving forward, I think I'll invest in a dedicated device just for the Mavic to avoid such situations re-occurring.
2017-10-15
Use props
SNP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-13 13:28
Please consider your iPhone 7 then. You would not have any problems with the Go4 app on that device.

The iPhone 7 is, unfortunately, my partners so that was a no go.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

SNP Posted at 2017-10-15 23:15
The iPhone 7 is, unfortunately, my partners so that was a no go.

2017-10-16
Use props
SNP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

....And now I'm experiencing the same issues with an iPad Air (iOS 11.0.3). Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?
2017-10-23
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

SNP Posted at 2017-10-23 22:22
....And now I'm experiencing the same issues with an iPad Air (iOS 11.0.3). Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Nope! I do use a iPhone 6 Plus with 11.1 Beta 4, but gone through 11.0, 11.0,2, 11.0.3 (this three not Beta) and with all them I haven't got any issue using DJI go 4 with my Mavic Pro on latest FW.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SNP Posted at 2017-10-23 22:22

If it is the connecting issue, you can try to reinstall the app, or refresh the iOS system. And our engineers are talking to Apple to solve the connecting problem. Hope it will get resolved soon.
2017-10-24
Use props
SNP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-24 00:33
If it is the connecting issue, you can try to reinstall the app, or refresh the iOS system. And our engineers are talking to Apple to solve the connecting problem. Hope it will get resolved soon.

Refreshing iOS? Explain pls....
2017-10-26
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

11... 10... My iPhone 6S Plus is still on 9.3.5 and is running like a charm. My previous experience with iOS upgrades is that each new major version number makes a phone run slower using more memory for the iOS, eventually bringing it to a sluggish halt with no memory and CPU power left for the apps, and without you making use of any of the bloated features of iOS.
2017-10-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Both my iPad Mini2 and my iPhone 7+ have worked fine with all updates taken in order.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SNP Posted at 2017-10-26 11:26
Refreshing iOS? Explain pls....

You can try to update the iOS system to 11.1 Beta 3. It should work then.
2017-10-30
Use props
SNP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

IPad Air is now working fine after the 11.1 update.
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules