Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DF Finland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

Ive tried to get answers from DJI many times, but so far without success. As M200 series is IP43 weatherproof it means that it can tolerate modest rain. DJI says in M200 FAQ texts that its max 10mm rain that is accepted. So who actually knows what this 10mm means in practise and how it can be measures is another issue, so I guess we just have to find out and see how much it tolerates?

My question is:

As M210 is operated with Cendence remote and in my understanding this radio does not support IP43 specs, so this basically means that its not weatherproof like M200 series is - is this correct? And what is the case with cameras, none in my understanding have been said to be IP43....

2017-10-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please note that only the body of the M210 is waterproof,  Cendence and the camera can not withstand water.
2017-10-22
Use props
DF-FIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6119 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-22 19:24
Please note that only the body of the M210 is waterproof,  Cendence and the camera can not withstand water.

Hi

Doesnt it sound quite stupid that M200 series is weather proof but the cameras arent. Basically this means that you can fly with the M200 series without any payload, but whats the idea of doing that? Really.... something I dont understand?
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DF-FIN Posted at 2017-11-2 15:12
Hi

Doesnt it sound quite stupid that M200 series is weather proof but the cameras arent. Basically this means that you can fly with the M200 series without any payload, but whats the idea of doing that? Really.... something I dont understand?

I can understand your feeling. But our cameras were released before the drone. And we didn't design the cameras as waterproof products at that time. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings.  
2017-11-2
Use props
broadlandboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Think it's more a case of being able to get the drone back if it starts raining.
A wet camera is more likely to be saveable than a crashed drone.
If doing inspection work any rain will degrade the image so no point flying & only occasionally will creatives want shots with water droplets on the lens degrading the image.
2017-11-3
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

For what it's worth, we've been testing a M210 with the X4 and XT in blizzard conditions lately here in Montana. Obviously the footage isn't cine quality, but for inspection purposes, it ran perfectly. The downwash from the motors appeared to blow any moisture away from the cameras during flight.  We had a Z30 and X5S that we could have tested with as well. The Z30 is fairly sealed, the X5S looks like it could be more susceptible to the elements however.
2017-11-4
Use props
FelipeRodrigues
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4882106 ft

Brazil

I got rain when I was flying with the Matrice 200 and a Z30. A few hours later Gimbal stopped working, I had to send the camera for service. So I do not think it's a good idea.
2017-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules