Which would you most like to see in the Mavic 2 controller?
2482 36 2017-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Single SelectVote, Total 77 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

28.57% (22)
14.29% (11)
22.08% (17)
35.06% (27)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-10-13
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

I like how long the RC lasts currently (almost 7 batteries!), please don't mess with this DJI (unless you make it last longer).  The controller is the best thing about the Mavic...
2017-10-13
Use props
fansce7828fc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Colored display? ?
2017-10-13
Use props
Vliegende Holla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

An little  orientation radar on the RC display would be nice.

2017-10-14
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

None of the above.

An actual compass heading display would be nice.
2017-10-14
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

the possibility to attach the RC with the CS around your neck
2017-10-14
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Woted #4 .
Bee careful what you ask for, we don't want the + sign to Mavic.
2017-10-14
Use props
BikerDrone_Pilo
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

The MP RC ?  If it ain't broke don't fix it. Like just how it is.  
2017-10-14
Use props
UAVTom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1236778 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting results so far.  I surely thought many would like the replacement battery feature in version 2.0.  In my view, this would be a great feature since this would not only allow a pilot to quickly replace batteries once it has discharged,  but it would give a pilot the option replace batteries that no longer can keep a charge once they reach end-of-life.  As it is now, you'll need to open the controller to replace a end-of life battery.
2017-10-14
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Vliegende Holla Posted at 2017-10-14 02:01
An little  orientation radar on the RC display would be nice.

Very agreed
2017-10-14
Use props
Disco3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199875 ft
Canada

Number 5, a better way to hold an iPad would be good.
2017-10-14
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

The controller needs to have GPS. Why this was omitted is odd. Specifically for follow me and updated home points on the ground.  
2017-10-14
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-10-14 23:46
The controller needs to have GPS. Why this was omitted is odd. Specifically for follow me and updated home points on the ground.

i agree, built in compass and GPS receiver and a slightly larger battery..   basically, only change mavic RC needs... otherwise its seriously solid as it stands now.   

infact i normally would want a removeable battery specially in a "pro" product, however the current controller charges soo freaking fast on my 12 watt anker charger that topping it off in between sessions isn't bad..  my 18 watt power bank from anker helps out when i'm on the go..that's a rocket in charging even my ipad, much less this little controller..  

if nothing else, just bigger battery...  

maybe like to see occusync plus..   smarter faster smarter more preemptive occusync and works with both 1st gen mavic and 2nd gen mavic..
2017-10-16
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

The Mavic controller is way substandard (serious shortcomings!) compared to the P4 series, but this poll only has tiny marginal improvements as choices.

How about:
1. ATTI mode switch (rather than having to give up Sport mode to have ATTI)
2. Depressable right wheel like the P4 so you can switch between ISO and shutter speed without burning a C button

I do like the 5D button, but once you connect up the Goggles, all of your controller buttons are overridden and useless, so that hardly helps me any.
2017-10-16
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Wind direction and speed arrow.  
2017-10-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-10-14 23:46

Omitted because those features relied on an attached smartphone, which has it's own GPS, so the added cost of a GPS would be redundant. Of course, those of us with iPhones on AT&T purportedly have problematic hardware that make these features nonfunctional, at least until DJI can find a way around the problem, if it's a solvable problem at all.
2017-10-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

I don't really understand the desire for a larger battery, though I do understand the utility of a swappable battery. My RC is rarely below 75% charge after three batteries worth of flying.
2017-10-17
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Voted #4 .... nothing wrong with the TX, it's one of the Mavic's best features, allows and accepts (albeit with some help form the after market) all manner of screens, good battery life, small yet easy to hold.
2017-10-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-17 07:49
Omitted because those features relied on an attached smartphone, which has it's own GPS, so the added cost of a GPS would be redundant. Of course, those of us with iPhones on AT&T purportedly have problematic hardware that make these features nonfunctional, at least until DJI can find a way around the problem, if it's a solvable problem at all.

explain the AT&T iPhone thing.. only complaint i have with anything on ATT is up at my farm, i have like no signal on lower fields and in the hollow area (back valley i own).   but to be fair, not a single carrier that does a good job out there at all, even verizon has terrible coverage....  but GPS is not issue as far as i can work out, even offline maps with google maps work fantastically well..

only carrier that does well at my farm, is Google Fi which combines At&t, Verizon, T-mobile and switches as needed, but its isn't smoothest switchover on iPhones.. like second or 2 when it is deciding what to switch to or something..  
2017-10-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-17 08:48
explain the AT&T iPhone thing.. only complaint i have with anything on ATT is up at my farm, i have like no signal on lower fields and in the hollow area (back valley i own).   but to be fair, not a single carrier that does a good job out there at all, even verizon has terrible coverage....  but GPS is not issue as far as i can work out, even offline maps with google maps work fantastically well..

only carrier that does well at my farm, is Google Fi which combines At&t, Verizon, T-mobile and switches as needed, but its isn't smoothest switchover on iPhones.. like second or 2 when it is deciding what to switch to or something..

Well, frankly the situation is unclear, but there are many threads about the Follow Me feature not working on certain iOS devices that use the AT&T radio chipset, which include different GPS hardware from devices on other networks.

Without an official weigh-in by DJI reps it's hard to tease out the speculation from the hearsay, but I can confirm that Follow Me is unreliable on my iPhone 7/AT&T model, with either Go 4 reporting too weak a GPS signal or simply being unresponsive to movement when the mode is active.
2017-10-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-17 10:31
Well, frankly the situation is unclear, but there are many threads about the Follow Me feature not working on certain iOS devices that use the AT&T radio chipset, which include different GPS hardware from devices on other networks.

It's hard to tease out the speculation from the hearsay, but I can confirm that Follow Me is unreliable on my iPhone 7/AT&T model, with either Go 4 reporting too weak a GPS signal or simply being unresponsive to movement when the mode is active.

hmm..  probably app related. im guessing...apple is very consistant with hardware on all carriers.. so i'm doubting its ATT specific.   i think we may still have a verizon iPhone 5S that my GF used to own in the junk drawer at the farm house.. but idk if its a fair comparison vs a brand new iPhone 8 that we have on ATT now.. but ill still dig around and see what is what..
2017-10-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-17 10:42
hmm..  probably app related. im guessing...apple is very consistant with hardware on all carriers.. so i'm doubting its ATT specific.   i think we may still have a verizon iPhone 5S that my GF used to own in the junk drawer at the farm house.. but idk if its a fair comparison vs a brand new iPhone 8 that we have on ATT now.. but ill still dig around and see what is what..

Yeah, I confirmed that the GPS is different, and supposedly DJI was going to modify the specs on the website to note the compatibility issue, but that was months ago. Here's the thread I've been following.
2017-10-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-17 11:51
Yeah, I confirmed that the GPS is different, and supposedly DJI was going to modify the specs on the website to note the compatibility issue, but that was months ago. Here's the thread I've been following.

interesting...  i wonder if its related to how dji tries to get location data.. iOS is pretty locked down with certain things.. one of those things is location data.  i wonder if certain chipsets are little more power hungry or somethign and iOS's power managment limits refresh rates..
i just know when im traveling im using my iPhone as GPS and never misses a beat.. even when no service and signal.
2017-10-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-17 12:26
interesting...  i wonder if its related to how dji tries to get location data.. iOS is pretty locked down with certain things.. one of those things is location data.  i wonder if certain chipsets are little more power hungry or somethign and iOS's power managment limits refresh rates..
i just know when im traveling im using my iPhone as GPS and never misses a beat.. even when no service and signal.

DJI's response to that is Follow Me requires more accuracy than Apple Maps or other GPS activities, which may  be true. I've never had any issues with mapping, rely on GPS tagging in photos and use the phone for geocaching. It's a curious problem.
2017-10-17
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-17 07:52
I don't really understand the desire for a larger battery, though I do understand the utility of a swappable battery. My RC is rarely below 75% charge after three batteries worth of flying.

That is the way I see.
2017-10-18
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I went for a replacement battery. I see nothing else wrong with it other than that. How many times can my controller be recharged I am always asking myself.
2017-10-18
Use props
geordie81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14409554 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

how about a simple RTH beep control function, sure this could be software based i guess as well, or even volume control for it
2017-10-18
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-17 07:49

What if i do not want to fly with a smartphone? Or a tablet? The remote does not require a device to be used at all.
2017-10-18
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

- Heading indicator - for when the app disconnects, that would help to orient the AC correctly, or, at least, see that RTH is bringing Mavic towards you.
- Airspeed indicator
- ATTI mode switch
- 2 more configurable buttons on the underside - C3 and C4
- Pressable camera control wheel
2017-10-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-10-18 22:24
What if i do not want to fly with a smartphone? Or a tablet? The remote does not require a device to be used at all.

Yeah, maybe. That would bump the price up and I doubt many of us would vote for such when almost all of us are flying to take video and pics, for which we need a screen.
2017-10-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-10-19 05:38
- Heading indicator - for when the app disconnects, that would help to orient the AC correctly, or, at least, see that RTH is bringing Mavic towards you.
- Airspeed indicator
- ATTI mode switch

Some sort of heading display would be cool, but fwiw you already get a distance display, so when the number is decrementing you know it's heading towards the home point.

+1 on the ATTI Mode switch (though it seems unlikely).
2017-10-19
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I'd like a larger speaker so I know when I've initiated RTH.
2017-10-19
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-10-19 14:25
I'd like a larger speaker so I know when I've initiated RTH.

Spot on sarcasm
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Burmman Posted at 2017-10-18 05:35
I went for a replacement battery. I see nothing else wrong with it other than that. How many times can my controller be recharged I am always asking myself.

It has no limitation of the times to recharge your RC.
2017-10-22
Use props
fans8b236542
lvl.3
France

I'll be silent on this one; not even a BEEP.
2017-11-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Volume control would be a nice addition to the 2.
2017-11-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-17 07:52

that's what I figured, it would be very rare for me to get the controller lower than 75%.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules