Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why wont DJI honor my order?
12Next >
3141 47 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bulldog
First Officer
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I placed an order for new propellers, and DJI promised 15 days from purchse. It's been longer, and now they claim it stated 15 days from in stock. Well, I have an email and a screenshot both showing "in stock". Now they are telilng me it's a high demand item and it's going to take longer........ I would post up the transcript from the DJI help, but they wont allow me to post it here. I will tell you this, it was like talking to a wall. Ask a direct question, and get a generic answer back that doesn't correspond to the original question. Very frustrating.

So my question is, when DJI promises 15 days, then tells me after 18+ days it's going to be another 15-20 days once in stock (even though the website still says in stock), what can I do as a customer that has clearly been lied to?
2017-10-14
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

Or maybe I should ask, has other experience this type of "help" from DJI? What did you do about it?
2017-10-14
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I wait patiently. If I couldn't fly, I'd be much more upset but the props are more of a curiosity than a necessity.
2017-10-14
Use props
Socalrob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting this because I'm in the same boat and checking the status of my prop order and wondering what's going on. DJI should revamp they're customer service.
2017-10-14
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Same boat also bought the props sept 27th first email in stock...also said 3-5 days from purchase date would ship out.... Days it says 15-20..... So as you can see I was one of the first well they told me October 4th they would ship that came and passed and now when I contact them they have no clue one because they said it's a high-demand items may be late October. What gets me mad is that they took my money for something that's not even in stock that's a joke what company does that I mean honestly what they have like 5 pairs in stock before they sold out??? Hey I'm just going to stay positive maybe I'll get my propellers before the new year
2017-10-14
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-10-14 06:53
I wait patiently. If I couldn't fly, I'd be much more upset but the props are more of a curiosity than a necessity.

Same here ordered mine back on 9/27/17 (the morning I got notification from DJI they were "In Stock" ) they were in stock when I ordered them, payment processed now they say it will be mid to late October before shipping. Then just yesterday I get an email from an e-bay seller (China) that I did a pre-sale order with (but decided to cancel it) after a week of waiting, so I repurchased from them, order processed and shipped out the same day.

Same with me just a curiosity, I'm afraid to "Refund Order" with DJI for fear I will never see the money go back into my account, but instead see a DJI credit to my account which I do not want as I DO NOT ever plan on purchasing directly from DJI again. Will always use an authorized reseller like Best Buy ect...
2017-10-14
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Yep same here quadkid learned my lesson! Might even hit up that chi ese reseller
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm guessing you never put your Mavic order in when it launched at the end of September 2016... Many waited up to three months or more for delivery. The best thing to do is be patient - it will be shipped but don't count the days.
2017-10-14
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Yea its a little more understanding for an actual quad that tge had to assemble at the lines .....but simple items like props? DJI needs to be more upfront and actually say when they will have enough stock and be able to ship in a timely manner .....like every other company!
2017-10-14
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

This is how DJI operates, get use to it !!
2017-10-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-14 12:08
Settling for mediocracy ins't a trait I would encourage.........

If one says they will do something in a set amount of time, that is what I expect. Sad you guys have been whipped into submission like that......... Those are the times I guess.

If one says they will do something in a set amount of time, that is what I expect.

That's fine when you're talking about a contract, but I believe DJI always intended those delivery estimates to be . . . estimates.

Sad you guys have been whipped into submission like that

It's even more sad to see someone insulting others over $20 worth of plastic.

2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-14 12:08
Settling for mediocracy ins't a trait I would encourage.........

If one says they will do something in a set amount of time, that is what I expect. Sad you guys have been whipped into submission like that......... Those are the times I guess.

It's nothing to do with submission it's to do with the fact that throwing one's toys out of the pram won't get you anywhere and the props won't come any faster the louder you scream in fact, it may just take a little longer...
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-10-14 11:41
Yea its a little more understanding for an actual quad that tge had to assemble at the lines .....but simple items like props? DJI needs to be more upfront and actually say when they will have enough stock and be able to ship in a timely manner .....like every other company!

I disagree - if a company places a product on their website and have made 50K units and 150K customers want one and place an order within hours of advertising the product then guess what... Props, quads or a piece of cheese - you're in the queue! I also think DJI will actually prioritise the production of their drones over their accessories too - orders for a set of $20 props will not take prescendent over a $1400 MP Platinum which is why the Mavic Platinums have just been shipped today whilst you're still waiting for your props.
2017-10-14
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Mavvy Posted at 2017-10-14 11:42
This is how DJI operates, get use to it !!

Yup, Yup, Yup, that's why I wait until Best Buy has them, funny they seem to supply the store(s) pretty quick here in the USA after release on their website. Besides I like having a 30 day no questions asked exchange or return policy!

Props are just an accessory no big deal on the wait. Just don't like paying in advance while my (as well as hundreds of thousands, maybe millions) of other folks money sits in their coffers making interest for 30 45 days. They should not withdraw anyone's money until the item actually ships. That's how most vendors here work.
2017-10-14
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Acw ok cool? And i cancelled my order. Good luck waiting on your platinum "whilst" shipping takes another 1 to 2 months even tho they shipped today! Im guessing u never put your mavic order in when it launched in sept 16?  
2017-10-14
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

And nah pal I don't think you should be in the queue I think you should just say out of stock! Will be in stock in said date not tell the customer some random one liner after there money has been taken. No company i have ever purchased from took my money then made me wait weeks. What usually happens is if they run out of stock your money goes nowhere and they tell you sorry we are out of stock that's it
2017-10-14
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've come to the realization that when ordering stuff from DJI, you need to have a Mt Everest amount of patience.
2017-10-14
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2017-10-14
Use props
Ken Huang
lvl.4
Australia

Lucky, they didn't cancel your order..
2017-10-14
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ken Huang Posted at 2017-10-14 16:54
Lucky, they didn't cancel your order..

They, DJI tend to do that? cancel your order?
2017-10-14
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-14 12:12
If one says they will do something in a set amount of time, that is what I expect.

That's fine when you're talking about a contract, but I believe DJI always intended those delivery estimates to be . . . estimates.

Hold on a sec Captain ! LOL $20
We have arrived at this term for the FACT this term resulted from the MILLIONS of dollars worth of orders at the price of $999.00 and up  And DJI in NO way was capable of fulfilling that release date............ NOT $20.00 LOL Lets just get this straight !!
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience.  We've had amazingly high global demand of new propellers. We are working on this and will ship out as soon as it is ready.
2017-10-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Mavvy Posted at 2017-10-14 17:14

Hold on a sec Captain ! LOL $20

Since you're interested in facts, here are a few I think are relevant:

• The person I replied to very likely only ordered a small number of propellers and certainly not "millions" worth, so my statement to him was correct.
  • We have no idea how many total propeller orders have been placed; it may or may not be "millions" of dollars worth but I'd guess probably isn't.
  • As I mentioned before, those dates were always only estimates, and if anyone interpreted them as something more that's not DJI's fault.
  • This whole discussion is over whether it's a big deal that someone has to wait a couple of weeks longer for something that does nothing more than make their Mavic fly marginally longer and more quietly.

2017-10-15
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

Hey DroneFlying, I didn't insult anybody. When you have to write a 4 bullet response defending yourself, your doing it wrong. Relax bro.

As for 20$ props, 1400$ drone, or 20 cents worth of candy. A company/man/womans word is their bond. DJI seems to be known for this bull snot, and I like the advice of only buying from storefronts like Best Buy, and forget the hassle with DJI. Good advice. As for DJI, no honor.
2017-10-15
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

Also, an estimate should be close to accurate. When they give an estimate of 15-20 days, that usually means 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 or 20 days. Not 15, 34, 190 or whatever feels good. To defend this is strange to me.
As to why this all matters, I live in the sticks. It takes UPS, Fed ex ext 2.5 hours to reach my house. If I miss the delivery, I have to drive for hours to recieve my orders. So daily I have been  checking up on my order. I have seen others report that if you miss delivery, they just take it back and leave it at the fed ex station. Trying to avoid that, and all this extra work seems like a lot of effort for 20$ worth of props.

Imagine if Amazon did stuff like this.........

2017-10-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-15 04:22
Hey DroneFlying, I didn't insult anybody. When you have to write a 4 bullet response defending yourself, your doing it wrong. Relax bro.

Hey DroneFlying, I didn't insult anybody

Saying it doesn't make it true. You wrote that the people replying to you are "whipped into submission", which most would consider an insult. I think it's ridiculous to get so upset about the delayed delivery of new propellers, but hey, that's not intended as an insult so that makes it ok, right? And to answer your original question of what you can do about it: nothing. What exactly were you hoping for? That your order would get expedited or that you'd get free stuff from DJI if you complained about it here?

When you have to write a 4 bullet response defending yourself, your doing it wrong

Your opinion has been noted, but frankly you aren't someone whose advice I'm likely to take regarding how to do it "right" when it comes to interacting with others on a forum . . . "bro".
2017-10-15
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

This is just the way DJI operates.  They are infamous for this kind of behavior.  If you order from the DJI Store, you takes yer chances.  That's why if you're in the USA you order from reputable resellers like Amazon and Best Buy.  (If they don't have any stock, there's probably a reason!)  

Since a short visit to this forum beforehand would have shown you that DJI never ships anything on time, it's hard to have much sympathy.  You could or should have known better.  Never order from the DJI Store.  

It has nothing to do with being beaten into submission like a little schoolboy; it's just the way it is.  All you can do is bend over and say "Please sir, may I have another?"  Or just shop elsewhere, which is what any reasonable person would have already started doing.  That, and openly ridicule any DJI rep who recommends that you always buy your stuff from the DJI Store, because that's pure freaking comedy.
2017-10-15
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

Irate, how did you find out for the first time DJI doesn't ship well? That is where I am today, saying its my fault is strange. I will be shopping elsewhere, instead of bending over and asking for another. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

"That, and openly ridicule any DJI rep who recommends that you always buy your stuff from the DJI Store, because that's pure freaking comedy."

You lost me on this one......... No idea what you are trying to say. I didn't say that, and no rep told me that.... .I am lost on that one.
2017-10-15
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-15 05:41
and no rep told me that.... .I am lost on that one.

Perhaps no rep told you personally to order your propellers from the DJI Store, but that is their standard response whenever the topic comes up about who to buy from.  For example on the $46 Mavic thread, didn't take but 3-4 replies before someone from DJI steps in and parrots off "Always buy from the official DJI store".  And that was even on a 'joke' thread!

The reason they want you to order from them is obvious.  It cuts out the $middleman.  But they are offering us nothing in return!  I'd gladly wait for their insanely slow shipping if I was saving a bundle.  But noooo, they always charge exactly the same price that they force their distributors to sell at.  

As for your question, I found out about DJI's cr@ppy store from this forum.  I didn't need to learn the hard way, because it's easier and more fun to learn from others' mistakes.  I didn't exactly say it was your "fault"; I just said it's hard to have _much_ sympathy.  Live and learn, and spread the word.  Not much point in fussing over it now.  If they wanted to be nasty they could cancel your order just for posting this thread.

P.S.  Did anyone else here get emailed a link about a month ago to that DJI Survey?  I thought it was going to be an opportunity to sound off about all the software failures and what not.  Instead, it was basically a sales pitch for their darn store, and they were trying to find out why more people weren't shopping there!  It was so poorly written I don't think their survey guys even got the real answer.
2017-10-15
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

Got it now Retro. I couldn't agree more. Great points.

I went with DJI cause I don't really think the middle man should get a cut, and often ups the price. However at the same price, and with the poor customer service, seems like the only way to go in the future will be Amazon for me. Thanks for showing me the real situation at hand.
2017-10-15
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

How do these threads always turn into arguments  lol? Anyway anyone going out to fly today?
2017-10-15
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

I enjoy reading irate retro's posts #tothepoint
2017-10-15
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

@Gambino
Be flying today for sure! Harvest season here in Cali. Always able to capture a few good shots this time of year.
@Irate
You hit the nail on the head about DJI's ablity to cancel my order. That is what hidden truth of this thread is about. Feeling the waters. What if I was having a problem with a 1500$ order? Seems like the answer is shut up and deal with it, cause DJI does what it wants. Some still defend DJI customer service, strange........ I love their drone however. Amazing machine.
2017-10-15
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

This thread has run it's coarse, and I don't really want to clog the boards with more questions......... Throw one out here........

How do I show the accurate flight distance on this site? I should be closer to 500k, but I can't figure it out. Any help?
2017-10-15
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-15 06:43
How do I show the accurate flight distance on this site? I should be closer to 500k, but I can't figure it out. Any help?

You need to sync your flight logs in DJI Go 4.  Also be aware that the distance shown on this site is in meters.  If you use Litchi/etc then you're out of luck.
2017-10-15
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-14 23:29
I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience.  We've had amazingly high global demand of new propellers. We are working on this and will ship out as soon as it is ready.

Trying out the respond button, sorry if this seems out of place, don't know how to work this option......

Thanks for the response. Your products must be in high demand, because they are the best. I expect on time shipping, and accurate shipping dates as well as good products. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Edit: now it get the respond button, or reply. Easy peasy.
2017-10-15
Use props
Bulldog
First Officer
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-15 06:50
You need to sync your flight logs in DJI Go 4.  Also be aware that the distance shown on this site is in meters.  If you use Litchi/etc then you're out of luck.

I will try again, seems like I have done that. I think I am going to reinstall everything, and give it another try. Thanks.
2017-10-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-15 05:27
Look DroneFlying. I am not begging for anything. You continue to insult me while crying about what I said. Stop melting snow flake. Did you wake up this morning trying to figure out how to be offended? Relax "bro". Find something better to do with your time.
But keep defending DJI's customer service......... Seems like a winner.

Stop melting snow flake.

Oh, now that really stings coming from the guy who started this thread to complain about his new propellers taking too long to arrive.

Find something better to do with your time.

Ironic words coming from someone who's spent far more time than I have on this thread, but once again yours is not advice I'm inclined to take.

P.S. If you think Amazon always delivers on time then you obviously don't have much experience dealing with them either.
2017-10-15
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-15 08:05
P.S. If you think Amazon always delivers on time then you obviously don't have much experience dealing with them either.

I've been an Amazon customer for about 17 years now.  Amazon is sometimes 1 day late but that is very rare.  When they are, you can call them out on it and they'll give you a free month of Prime.  (It was sort of a contract, after all, when you paid your $99 for the year.)  Whereas if you call DJI out on it, they just give you a knee to the groin.  And if you're lucky you get some sort of response in a language which bears some resemblance to English.  When Amazon says order in the next 23 minutes and you'll have your item in 2 days, they mean it.  If the item's not in stock then they'll tell you that up front.

You may be confusing Amazon, LLC with 3rd party Marketplace sellers who often do their own shipping.  Or maybe Amazon is a totally different beast in Canada, eh.
2017-10-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-15 08:32
I've been an Amazon customer for about 17 years now.  Amazon is sometimes 1 day late but that is very rare.  When they are, you can call them out on it and they'll give you a free month of Prime.  (It was sort of a contract, after all, when you paid your $99 for the year.)  When they say order in the next 23 minutes and you'll have your item in 2 days, they mean it.  If the item's not in stock then they'll tell you that up front.

You may be confusing Amazon, LLC with 3rd party Marketplace sellers who often do their own shipping.  Or maybe Amazon is a totally different beast in Canada, eh.

Amazon is sometimes 1 day late but that is very rare.

Then you've been very fortunate. It doesn't happen a lot, but it's not unheard of for them to miss their estimated arrival dates, as you obviously know. And no, I'm not confusing them with their marketplace sellers; I'm well aware of the difference.

And yes, Prime most certainly does represent a contract as it's something you paid money for in exchange for a specific service, whereas DJI posting an estimated date on their web site isn't the same thing at all, so that's an apples-to-oranges comparison.
2017-10-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules