1826 16 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Incentio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85607 ft
Belgium

Hi,

I have my mavic for 2 weeks now and I recently noticed my camera panning slightly to the left while the craft is not moving. I recalibrated the gimbal, the compass, the controller,...

I also have the latest firmware on my drone and all batteries.

I 'm having it on the field i'm flying to wich has no interference from  any electrical appliances whatsoever. (and in case you are wondering i tried shutting down my cellphone in my pocket to  )

The weird part is it's not doing it all the time. At first i thought it was wind slowly moving the craft but i have tried it inside a large hangar and it was showing the same result. I also resetted all the gimbal settings to the default settings and it's still showing the same problem.

The 2nd problem i have is with the CrystalSky screen i'm using. Every now and then the screen states it has lost the connection with the craft. The RC still works fine and i can controll my drone with that but the screen is in greyscale instead of colours. What sometimes works is disconnecting the USB C cable from the screen en reconnect it.

The problem with this is i'm a bit reluctant to fly the drone out of sight because i can't fully trust the screen. I bought the Crystalsky for its high luminance and because it's a DJI product to make sure i have 100% compatibility. I also noticed there is a slight jidder when scrolling on the CS.

Anyone having the same issues or solution for the problem?

Thnx in advance,

Incentio
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for the bad experience. If the problem getting worse, I would recommend you send it back for check. If not, our engineers are working on it.
2017-10-22
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-22 20:11
Sorry for the bad experience. If the problem getting worse, I would recommend you send it back for check. If not, our engineers are working on it.

It's not getting worse but it's still there. I'll wait for a firmware update because i think that's the problem. Too bad i can't compare, i don't know any people in my surrounding with a mavic...

Beside the slowly panning to the left the camera is working perfectly.

2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Incentio Posted at 2017-11-7 04:51
It's not getting worse but it's still there. I'll wait for a firmware update because i think that's the problem. Too bad i can't compare, i don't know any people in my surrounding with a mavic...

Beside the slowly panning to the left the camera is working perfectly.

Thanks for your patience. Please keep us informed if you have another problem.
2017-11-9
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

I received my Platinum and it does same thing, While hover at 60m it panning slowly towards right, The I increase altitude and hover again and it doesn't do that, Now it still does that sometimes but not all the time, Is this is hardware or software issue.
2017-11-9
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

Thunderbirds Posted at 2017-11-9 08:00
I received my Platinum and it does same thing, While hover at 60m it panning slowly towards right, The I increase altitude and hover again and it doesn't do that, Now it still does that sometimes but not all the time, Is this is hardware or software issue.

I still hope it's a firmware issue.

As my camera and gimbal work like they should (for example in autotrack, POI mode,.. )

It's only noticable when you hover and watch the screen very carefully. It's a minor pan.

DJI Elektra also said the engineers are working on it so that alse gives me the feeling it's a software issue...

Feel free to correct me when i'm wrong but sending it back is the last resort... (i'm addicted to flying my AC )
2017-11-10
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Belgium

Thunderbirds Posted at 2017-11-9 08:00

I still hope it's a software issue.. i only notice the pan when hovering and looking at the screen om RC very carefully.

Also DJI Elektra mentioned the engineers are working on it.

Returning the AC will be the last resort because i don't want to be Mavic'less for long  
2017-11-10
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-22 20:11

So would this be an Hardware or Software Issue?
2017-11-10
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

I have the same thing, but it doesn't just pan to the left, you can actually see it trying to level to the horizon, it just takes a VERY long time.
Hearing that more people have this issue makes me think it's a firmware issue, so here's hoping!
2017-11-10
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

That is the camera trying to compensate for drone movement to achieve a smooth shot. You can see the same effect if you rotate a stationary drone on a tabletop and watch the feed from the camera.
I have not tried it, but I think you can disable it by unchecking the Enable Syncronized Gimbal Pan Follow in the Advanced Gimbal options. Also try "FPV" instead of "Follow" Gimbal Mode setting
2017-11-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-11-10 12:38
That is the camera trying to compensate for drone movement to achieve a smooth shot. You can see the same effect if you rotate a stationary drone on a tabletop and watch the feed from the camera.
I have not tried it, but I think you can disable it by unchecking the Enable Syncronized Gimbal Pan Follow in the Advanced Gimbal options. Also try "FPV" instead of "Follow" Gimbal Mode setting

That was my operating assumption, too, but I tried both of those yesterday and it didn't seem to affect the slow pan that eventually stops if you wait long enough.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thunderbirds Posted at 2017-11-10 05:43
So would this be an Hardware or Software Issue?

I think the next firmware will solve this problem. Please wait patiently, any new problem, please inform us.
2017-11-11
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Canada

there was a firmware release yesterday , I'm not sure what changes in it, I believe it end with 0021
2017-11-11
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine pans left too when sitting on the ground.   It was rock solid when I got it, and started with the .900 firmware update (I think) - and before my one and only crash.  Frankly, I'm sick of the gimbal issues with this thing.  I would love to see this fixed.  Oh to have it as stable as the day I bought it...

LP
2017-11-11
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

im on my second mp both had this drift despite all calibrations
2017-11-18
Use props
easywin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2218 ft
Iceland

Im having problem with camera. After i turn drone on it starts turning slightly to right and keeps on doing it very slowly. also happends mid air but only notice when drone is still
2017-11-19
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

An interesting observation. I purchase a Nikon D7500 camera. In video mode you can enable electronic image stabilisation (in addition to the optical lens-based VR). The effect of it, after ending a panning motion, is exactly the same as what one observes on Mavic - a continued drift of the image to the left or right, depending on the prior motion.

So what we observe in Mavic is possibly an electronic image stabilisation done in software on top of the stabilisation provided by the gimbal.
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules