DJI Go App P3S Disconnected
2952 9 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
policeshootout
lvl.1
Canada

Hi all,

I have seen some people on the forums with a similar issue but there was never a solution found.

I am new to drones and a few weeks ago I got my first one, a DJI Phantom Standard 3. It was been a ton of fun and one of the coolest things I have ever gotten to use. Last weekend it was working fine, I put it away as usual and never used it all week.

The Issue:
This morning I went to use it, the remote connected to the drone as usual (indicator LEDs are all green), my Google Pixel (Android 8.0 patch level: Oct 5, 2017) connectd to the Wifi without issue. But when I opened the GO App (version 3.1.11) it was now saying "How to Connect" under the Phantom 3S and "Camera" under the Inspire 1. I clicked on Camera under the Inspire since I couldn't connect to the Phantom and it says "Disconnected" at the top. There is nothing else I can do in the app. The GPS is working, but that is all. I didn't do anything different at all.. It just stopped working.

What I have tried:
Resetting phone
Clearing app cache and data, removing and reinstalling DJI GO.
Installing DJI GO on my wifes Pixel (it's basically the exact same phone with the same updates, it didn't work though)

I am not sure what else to do. These are the only suggestions I could find on the forums and Google search. So I am turning to the community, hopefully I can find some help! Thanks in advance
2017-10-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The latest GO app is 3.1.15.   
2017-10-14
Use props
policeshootout
lvl.1
Canada

Is there a way I can force the Android app to update? Uninstalling it and reinstalling it still shows 3.1.11 on my phone.

Is 3.1.15 for iOS perhaps? I cannot find an APK for Android online anywhere either.
2017-10-14
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

My Galaxy S7 shows 3.1.11 as the latest version, my iPad shows 3.1.15 so I think your correct
2017-10-14
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you try to set the phone in to the airplane mode and connect the phone to the phantoms WIFI manually ?
And it´s the android 7+??
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It seems that the drone itself works well. I would recommend you to change another recommended mobile to verify.
2017-10-14
Use props
policeshootout
lvl.1
Canada

I tried airplane mode last night and it didn't work. I tried connecting the drone to an iPad and everything worked fine. I tried connecting to my Pixel again and it still didn't work so I gave up for the evening.

This morning I tried connecting once again in airplane mode and it worked this time! I don't know what changed.. But everything seems to be working fine now. Hopefully this issue isn't an occurring one and is just a one time thing. Thanks for the help offered!
2017-10-15
Use props
Scarletsboy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same problem and tried 3 different apple products with 5 different leads and no fix what a load of rubbish from DJI limited help, this has only happens since the firmware update for me
2017-10-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

AlanHd Posted at 2017-10-14 10:13
My Galaxy S7 shows 3.1.11 as the latest version, my iPad shows 3.1.15 so I think your correct

The 3.1.11 for android is the latest version for the p3 series. This is not the normal old 3,1,11 i used to activate my bird. This Go app was going from that old 3.1.11 over the 3.1.12 up to 3.1.18 and then to the 3.1.10 to this version. That new versions 3.1.10 and 3.1.11 was made for adding the  P3SE to the P3 series,i think. But this works on my MAPMan without any crashes or disconnections with my P3S.
2017-10-15
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

You have to scroll right, pass the inspire picture, untill the phantom photo appears then in the drop down menu select Phantom 3 Standard.
Then the camera icon will turn blue if the wifi is connected. If not pull down your wifi settings and connect manually.
2017-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules