Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Testing BETA 02.00.0600
12345678Next >
15590 282 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Streetmagus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

I'm starting a thread for all the users testing the beta firmware 02.00.0600

I'm using: iPaid Mini 4 iOS 11.0.2; App: Version 4.1.12; RC Version 1.9.3. Ran the beta firmware upgrade, restored factory settings, re-calibrated everything.
The problem I had on the official firmware was the camera/gimbal would reset randomly while recording. This beta firmware has fixed that. It also flies as it should, no weird flying characteristics. Camera YAW settings now work as well.

The only thing I'm not so sure about is recording:
When I press the record button, there is a delay, could be a couple seconds, before the recording starts the timer. However, as soon as I press the record button, the TIME REMAINING on the SD card starts to count down already. It could be maybe 5-10 seconds gone before the actual recording starts it's timer. So I am not sure which one is the correct length; do I go off the time remaining or the timer under the record button?

Anyone else have testing this beta firmware? Let's report what we can on this so we can provide the engineers with as much feedback as possible.

2017-10-14
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I had my first test fly today. Strong Radio Interference, l lost signal several times even I flew the same route before. Landing was smooth and precise. No wobbling so far but I still get the IMU Error. I opened a separate thread for it: https://forum.dji.com/thread-116365-1-1.html
2017-10-14
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

I installed the .0600 thru Assistant 2 and did all the calibrations. My first test was too short cause of the gusting winds, but the flight seems stable and the commands responsiveness.  
Hope tomorrow, the winds will slow down so I can perform another test. But definitely, it's much better with this beta.
2017-10-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My first flight after downloading .600 was just so unstable I didn't do more than a hover. Yesterday I reset to factory default, refreshed the beta firmware TWICE, and then calibrated VPS and then gimbal. The subsequent flight was much more stable, so I wonder how much hit-and-miss the update process is (I use Assistant 2 btw).
Observations:
Sideways movement starts with a jerk;
4K video stays working (without gimbal reset), but my video is quite washed out - the AWB doesn't appear to be working
4K video recorded to the SD Card has an odd fluctuation of image, like it's flickering. This is most noticeable to left and right of the image.
Transmission quality is abysmal. I was flying in an open area away from potential sources of interference, but the connection was dropping in and out, at times quite badly. Distance to craft at such times ranged from as little as 20 metres to 200 metres (the furthest it went).
Conclusion:
Flight quality observed with my latest flight was quite good. However, video recording (using 4K anyway) has issues, and the link integrity between RC and P4 is poor.
2017-10-14
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Two steps forward and three steps back.
2017-10-15
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

Even the drone is much quieter before taking off, do you have the feeling that in the air is much nosier with .0600?
2017-10-15
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-10-15 05:27
Even the drone is much quieter before taking off, do you have the feeling that in the air is much nosier with .0600?

The propeller RPM has been lowered at idle, therefore quieter.
2017-10-15
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Canada

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-10-15 06:16
The propeller RPM has been lowered at idle, therefore quieter.

Yes, I noticed that in the July update. I don't know why, on my first fly with .0600 it seemed to be noisier when flying.
2017-10-15
Use props
Dovivan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

i didnt calibrate nothing, but this FW looks very good. Drone is very stable and camera restart  in 4K is gone. Keep good work.
2017-10-15
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

how do I get in beta testing?
2017-10-15
Use props
wangrincreation
First Officer
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Just PM one of mods here
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AnyKill Posted at 2017-10-15 08:47
how do I get in beta testing?

You can PM us your DJI account.
2017-10-16
Use props
fans48c700c3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 463875 ft
Hong Kong

My P4 was " repaired" by HKG DJI center one week ago and the report saying that the gimbal power board has been replaced, no issue on the drone unit. I picked up drone and the repair center staff told me the 4K recording issue, wobble/shaking behaviour should be fixed. It was disappointed that the unstable flying issue still remains.

Please push the latest beta FW to my account for further test.

My email account: mk.kwong@yahoo.com.hk
2017-10-16
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I did 6,769 m distance away with latest beta firmware and there wasn't any problems during the flight several times. Very stable machine
2017-10-16
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

I just installed BETA 02.00.0600 on my P4 and flashed it twice for both batteries.  Did an IMU calibration and updated my RC to 1.9.3.  I was unable to calibrate VPS on assistant 2 on my computer.  The start button was grayed out.  I reinstalled assistant 2, restarted my AC, and even changed the screen resolution but nothing worked.  So anyways, I went out and proceeded to the test flight.  At first impressions, the drone was very stable, so I figured I would take it out some distance.  At 550 ft horizontal distance out, DJI Go 4 said disconnected and I lost image on my ipad.  I hit return to home, but nothing happened.  Luckily I turned the AC around to what I thought was coming back home and 22 seconds later I regained transmission and quickly landed.  These are the other things I noticed about the flight:

- The horizon is crooked like it used to be
- The time and date stamp of the movie file is dated 12/31/2013 @ 11:00PM
- Vertical descent had a minor wobble to it
2017-10-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

echopiece Posted at 2017-10-16 14:08
I just installed BETA 02.00.0600 on my P4 and flashed it twice for both batteries.  Did an IMU calibration and updated my RC to 1.9.3.  I was unable to calibrate VPS on assistant 2 on my computer.  The start button was grayed out.  I reinstalled assistant 2, restarted my AC, and even changed the screen resolution but nothing worked.  So anyways, I went out and proceeded to the test flight.  At first impressions, the drone was very stable, so I figured I would take it out some distance.  At 550 ft horizontal distance out, DJI Go 4 said disconnected and I lost image on my ipad.  I hit return to home, but nothing happened.  Luckily I turned the AC around to what I thought was coming back home and 22 seconds later I regained transmission and quickly landed.  These are the other things I noticed about the flight:

- The horizon is crooked like it used to be

Regarding the matter with VPS calibration in Assistant 2, if using Windows, try installing and running the app with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled. See the discussion and details at #23 here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368

Vertical descent instability could be due to VPS not appropriately configured. Otherwise the poor signal matter was similar to my experience with Beta .600 and RC 1.9.3
2017-10-16
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
United States

I'm running the Beta .0600 and all is good except for the high wind warning still. Distance is good; I went out over 1.5 miles yesterday with full signal showing.
2017-10-16
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-16 14:22
Regarding the matter with VPS calibration in Assistant 2, if using Windows, try installing and running the app with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled. See the discussion and details at #23 here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D368%26typeid%3D368

Vertical descent instability could be due to VPS not appropriately configured. Otherwise the poor signal matter was similar to my experience with Beta .600 and RC 1.9.3

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try.  Did you find an RC version that works on your drone?
2017-10-16
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
United States

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-10-16 14:38
I'm running the Beta .0600 and all is good except for the high wind warning still. Distance is good; I went out over 1.5 miles yesterday with full signal showing.

Can you tell me what version of the RC you are running?
2017-10-16
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
United States

echopiece Posted at 2017-10-16 14:47
Can you tell me what version of the RC you are running?

1.9.3, the most recent one.
2017-10-16
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-10-16 14:22

Wow, that worked perfectly!  Was able to calibrate my VPS.  For what its worth, I changed my screen resolution to 1080P as well.  Thanks again.  Now to figure out my incorrect date on my video files.
2017-10-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

echopiece Posted at 2017-10-16 17:04
Wow, that worked perfectly!  Was able to calibrate my VPS.  For what its worth, I changed my screen resolution to 1080P as well.  Thanks again.  Now to figure out my incorrect date on my video files.

Good to hear. Those unsigned drivers have been in Assistant installs for a while. I wish DJI would sort it.

And my RC is 1.9.3 also. I might try refreshing it though - multiple installs seemed to help installation of the craft beta firmware for me, so perhaps that'd help.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans48c700c3 Posted at 2017-10-16 02:50
My P4 was " repaired" by HKG DJI center one week ago and the report saying that the gimbal power board has been replaced, no issue on the drone unit. I picked up drone and the repair center staff told me the 4K recording issue, wobble/shaking behaviour should be fixed. It was disappointed that the unstable flying issue still remains.

Please push the latest beta FW to my account for further test.

Got your account email, will add the beta firmware to your account within today, please try to upgrade it later.
2017-10-16
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

Additional testing, went through 3 batteries today. Here's what I discovered:

The Gimbal/Camera reset came back once: Only after I had switched battery and changed color profile to True Color. It immediately occurred as soon as I took off. The settings reset back to my previous settings after the gimbal/camera stabilized. However, upon checking the video files on the SD card, the clip that was suppose to be True Color was recorded in D-Log (my previous setting). So, maybe there was a discrepancy between my new settings and what was stored?  Maybe that caused it to reset? I'm not sure. The file also showed date as 12/31/2013 11:00 PM.
I did not change back to True Color and just flew with D-Log again, waiting to see if it'll happen again. It did not occur for the remaining battery and also the 3rd battery.
I'm not sure what triggered the reset, but it is still a lot better than before.
2017-10-17
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Has anyone else noticed that the IMU seems to take a long time to initialise? I’ll try another calibration when the drone is cold and see if that makes any difference.
2017-10-17
Use props
dejivsss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299281 ft
Czechia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-16 20:27
Got your account email, will add the beta firmware to your account within today, please try to upgrade it later.

Hi Diana,

I have Phantom 4 and latest firmware is not good. Can you add me to BETA tester? Becausr One my friend test latest beta and he is satisfy.
Thanks Dejvis
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

dejivsss Posted at 2017-10-17 02:38
Hi Diana,

I have Phantom 4 and latest firmware is not good. Can you add me to BETA tester? Becausr One my friend test latest beta and he is satisfy.

Sure, please provide me with your DJI Account email, I'll add it to your account within one day.
2017-10-17
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

What I'm noticing with these betas firmwares is that the quality of the video in 4k is bad, it is blurry, it lacks definition.
2017-10-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

JCJMC Posted at 2017-10-17 09:17
What I'm noticing with these betas firmwares is that the quality of the video in 4k is bad, it is blurry, it lacks definition.

I didn't note my 4K videos on beta .600 being blurry, but I did note other issues. See my findings at post #4. I also note an earlier post commenting on lost settings and odd time stamping. Looks like there are issues with 4K video generally still.

Either way, I'd suggest resetting your craft to factory defaults, refresh the firmware, and finally do a VPS then gimbal calibration. Oddly, that helped to resolve some earlier issues when I first installed the beta.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

dejivsss Posted at 2017-10-17 02:38
Hi Diana,

Got your DJI Account and forwarded it to the engineers, will add the beta firmware to you soon, please upgrade it after you received it.
2017-10-20
Use props
fans52cfa4bf
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Knowing the issues with DJI's software, why would anyone become a BETA tester?
2017-10-20
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

fans52cfa4bf Posted at 2017-10-20 02:53
Knowing the issues with DJI's software, why would anyone become a BETA tester?

Probably because they were in a situation where they had an unusable drone and had nothing to lose.
2017-10-20
Use props
Deep^Blue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1662766 ft
Finland

Anyone having a gimball grinding noise during craft startup with .600 beta? I am having it, never had before.

No comments on problem fixes as I have not flown the craft since update. Issued before, using the official firmware; 4K 30fps gimball resets, and jerky flying on high speed (both nodding and inconstant motor rpm even on calm conditions) + especially braking seemed a bit uncontrolled.
2017-10-20
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
United States

Deep^Blue Posted at 2017-10-20 03:58
Anyone having a gimball grinding noise during craft startup with .600 beta? I am having it, never had before.

No comments on problem fixes as I have not flown the craft since update. Issued before, using the official firmware; 4K 30fps gimball resets, and jerky flying on high speed (both nodding and inconstant motor rpm even on calm conditions) + especially braking seemed a bit uncontrolled.

I noticed the grinding motor noise as well, especially while doing the IMU calibration and I flip the craft upside down.  Never had that noise before.
2017-10-20
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
United States

Has anyone noticed that when you turn off VPS during flight, the forward speed increases? I would say it puts the performance 50%-75% to that of Sport mode. I’ve never turned off VPS until now so maybe it’s always been like that. Since Beta 600, I still get obstacle sensing happening at altitude where it stops for no reason but then will proceed again once I cycle the controls. With VPS off during flight, no problems. Sensor calibration has been completed multiple times too.
2017-10-20
Use props
Deep^Blue
lvl.1
Finland

First flight since .600 beta update. I did re-flashing of new firmware two times over, and calibrated VPS, IMU after updating. I did NOT restore factory defaults on the craft. Experiences below:

- I did have two times gimball reset during my 10min test flight, using 4K / 30fps / MP4 settings for camera
- Slightly unstable hovering
- Worst of all was testing sport mode. On two different occasions, terror was in the air as I was flying full speed ahead, motor sounds started to go up and down as always when approaching high speed with v02.xx firmware, but after releasing right stick (forward/backward) in the middle, not touching throttle stick at all, Phantom shoot UNCOMMANDED STRAIGHT UP at full speed?! It only stopped climbing when I cycled left stick aka throttle stick. Made me almost make brown stuff on my pants!

Log is here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/42L80VTUZEFYZLELKB2D/
During the events, IMU altitude seems to drop whereas the altitude actually rises (this can be confirmed on .kml file viewed on Google Earth). During this time when uncommanded climbing occurs, on the url above, Speed Error is displayed on the flight log. I also have video of the event, showing the uncommanded climb. Watching the flight log on DJI go app as playback, it is confirmed I am not pushing the throttle stick anywhere during the climbout.

I will give another shot on the beta tomorrow, after I have now done: reset factory defaults, reflash of the firmware, reset factory defaults once again, VPS + IMU calibration.

My question for you other betatesters is: Anyone else tried sport mode, and or sport mode with full speed ahead + letting go of the sticks / breaking at full speed?
2017-10-20
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
United States

Deep^Blue Posted at 2017-10-20 10:08
First flight since .600 beta update. I did re-flashing of new firmware two times over, and calibrated VPS, IMU after updating. I did NOT restore factory defaults on the craft. Experiences below:

- I did have two times gimball reset during my 10min test flight, using 4K / 30fps / MP4 settings for camera

Sport mode has been working fine for me with Beta 600. Have you tried calibrating your RC?
2017-10-20
Use props
Deep^Blue
lvl.1
Finland

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-10-20 11:00
Sport mode has been working fine for me with Beta 600. Have you tried calibrating your RC?

Thanks for replying, glad to hear it works for you. And thanks for tip, will do that calibration of rc tomorrow as well.
2017-10-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Deep^Blue Posted at 2017-10-20 10:08

I haven’t noticed what you described with going straight up, but it definitely seems to have a more aggressive response with rapid stick movement. Especially noted it when performing rapid “sideways slips”.
I think the reset to factory default then refresh twice is a good idea. Even with the Dumbledore tool you need to flash twice for it to apply all modules successfully.
2017-10-20
Use props
nuri
Second Officer

Turkey

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-17 02:42
Sure, please provide me with your DJI Account email, I'll add it to your account within one day.

Hi Diana,
Please send me new beta firmware link,
Thanks

nuriozer@yahoo.com
2017-10-20
Use props
12345678Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules