Max Altitude reached after Firmware and App Update
1757 10 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GuitarFlyer47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

I held off on the app and firmware update for quite a while after reading others compalin about some issues.   I finally updated after I completed an important video shoot.  The update was applied to my P3 Pro,  I brought the app (IOS) up to 3.1.15, the aircraft up to 1.11.20, and rge RC up to 1.9.2.   I've notice a change........it happens quite often where i get the max altitude and distance error, and cannot fly above 100 feet.  I'll then land the P3, restart the RC, aircraft, and app, do another compass calibrate, and it'll fly fine.  THEN, when I change batteries,  I used to leave the RC and App running and just do a battery change, but after the software update, I get the "reach max altitude" error again.  If I restart everything, the error doesn't show and can fly above 100 feet.  There's obviously a glitch going on, does DJI have any intention of remedying this?    I have 2 other Phantom's, and am considering a P4 Pro for my business, but these firmware/software glitches may convince me to consider re-branding.
2017-10-14
Use props
Certified Drone
lvl.1

United States

Answer: NOPE.
2017-10-14
Use props
Certified Drone
lvl.1

United States

DJI has no intention or at least hasn't shown any intention of fixing the issues. They say you have to open the DJI app, go to the settings and log off. Once you have done that then you will need to log back in....that seems to fix the issue of flight distance and altitude restrictions but you will have to do this every time you switch batteries or shut down drone
2017-10-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Certified Drone Posted at 2017-10-14 17:10
DJI has no intention or at least hasn't shown any intention of fixing the issues. They say you have to open the DJI app, go to the settings and log off. Once you have done that then you will need to log back in....that seems to fix the issue of flight distance and altitude restrictions but you will have to do this every time you switch batteries or shut down drone

' but you will have to do this every time you switch batteries or shut down drone'

No you don't. If you log back in and stay logged in, even though you may shut everything down for the day, you will not experience the range limit.

Also, to the OP, don't do the compass calibration each time, it is not necessary. DJI now advise NOT to calibrate every time you fly, only if the app asks you to.

2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The latest APP requires to login your DJI Account and keep the status. I would recommend you to restart the aircraft and APP again if you changed another battery to ensure the info was written in MC correctly.
2017-10-14
Use props
GuitarFlyer47
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-14 17:48
' but you will have to do this every time you switch batteries or shut down drone'

No you don't. If you log back in and stay logged in, even though you may shut everything down for the day, you will not experience the range limit.

I received this answer fro DJI Susan, an Administrator.     "The latest APP requires to login your DJI Account and keep the status. I would recommend you to restart the aircraft and APP again if you changed another battery to ensure the info was written in MC correctly."
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GuitarFlyer47 Posted at 2017-10-17 10:48
I received this answer fro DJI Susan, an Administrator.     "The latest APP requires to login your DJI Account and keep the status. I would recommend you to restart the aircraft and APP again if you changed another battery to ensure the info was written in MC correctly."

Sir, I received your message in PM. One point need to be clarified, the aircraft might be restricted if the info was not written in MC correctly. This might happen or might not happen. When you meet the restrictions, hover the drone in a safe place, restart the APP will get rid of this.
2017-10-17
Use props
GuitarFlyer47
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan,   I was on a job again today and had the same issue.    The only way I can get past the flight restriction problem is to land the craft, and shut everything down including my IPhone.   When I turned everything back on,  my RC connected with the craft, and I was able to fly above 30 meters.  I just got off the phone with DJI support, a fellow in China, and he told me there is a software compatibility issue with the IPHone IOS, verson 11.0.3. , and that DJI is working on an update for the DJI Go app.  I truly hope this update comes out soon, this problem is aggravating.  Thank you kindly for your response!
2017-10-18
Use props
GuitarFlyer47
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-14 19:04
The latest APP requires to login your DJI Account and keep the status. I would recommend you to restart the aircraft and APP again if you changed another battery to ensure the info was written in MC correctly.

Susan,  I found I have to shut my IPhone off, then back on, then restart the RC,  and P3 Pro.   This is the only way I can get past the fight height limitation.  I also called your support team and spoke with someone in China, he said they know that the new IOS update and the GO app are having compatibility issues.  
2017-10-19
Use props
GuitarFlyer47
lvl.2
United States

Working fine now!   The IOS GO App version 3.1.18 came down over the last couple of weeks.  I was having problems with IOS version 3.1.17, it wanted me to reboot everything continuously to get past the max altitude limit.   The only deal was I'm always prompted when APP updates are available .  I wasn't prompted........and to install it I had to delete version 3.1.17, then install 3.1.18.  I just had to log in one time to DJI, and after testing for 2 days all is fine.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GuitarFlyer47 Posted at 2017-10-23 10:25
Working fine now!   The IOS GO App version 3.1.18 came down over the last couple of weeks.  I was having problems with IOS version 3.1.17, it wanted me to reboot everything continuously to get past the max altitude limit.   The only deal was I'm always prompted when APP updates are available .  I wasn't prompted........and to install it I had to delete version 3.1.17, then install 3.1.18.  I just had to log in one time to DJI, and after testing for 2 days all is fine.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to know that it works well again. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules