DJI Vision App and Ground Station
5878 13 2014-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonlee0483
lvl.1

United States

Using DJI Vision app for Android.

How do I get maps to show for Ground Station?  

Do I have to load them into my Android device somehow?

JonS
2014-10-20
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Jons,
Maps will be downloaded automatically through Google Maps when you view the waypoints page, as long as you have an internet connection.
2014-10-21
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Yup. Thanks Blair.

As an added note, you can also load the from cache, i.e. view the maps required when you're online and then just load them from cache later when you're about to fly in an area with no internet connection.
2014-10-21
Use props
jonlee0483
lvl.1

United States

insitb@singnet. Posted at 2014-10-21 18:18
Yup. Thanks Blair.

As an added note, you can also load the from cache, i.e. view the maps required  ...

Thanks.

So I view maps in Google Maps when online, and they are cached.  ThI do not have to be using the DJI Vision app?

Then how do I "load them from cache" in the app itself?  Is there a button to do that?

With an internet connection, I view a Google map.  Then I open the DJI Vision app, go to Ground Station page, and there is no map, just a white page.

JonS
2014-10-21
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

you'd have to save the map in Google Maps for it to be shown.  See info on how to here

you can also go to the location in the Groundstation App while connected to the internet and it should save it automatically for use when you are going there to fly.
2014-10-21
Use props
jonlee0483
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for help folks.

OK followed these instructions for saving a map ...
3. Find map area I want
4. Pull up the place info sheet at the bottom of the screen, and touch Save map to use offline to save the selected area of the map.
save map to use offline button image
5.Only what's on the screen will be saved. Adjust the map by moving it and zooming in or out, as needed, then touch Save.
6.Name the map, and then touch Save.
7.After a few moments, you'll see a message confirming that the map area has been saved.

There is no map info area at bottom of map on my device scree,
But found Save in a different area, so clicked on Save.
Does not ask me to name the map.
Do not get confirmation that map is saved.
AND, no map appears in DJI Vision app Ground Station, just a blank area.  No change.

So what else can I try?

JonS
2014-10-22
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Jons,
When the mobile device has internet access,go to the GS page in the DJI App , it will upload&save the map automatically.
If it is still white page, please try to zoom in or zoom out the GS page.
BTW, what's your mobile device OS version?
2014-10-22
Use props
jonlee0483
lvl.1

United States

Asus Memo 7 tablet running Android 4.2 ... now I can finally get a huge large scale map of China. I can move it to show the entire USA on the screen.

I see the whole USA map, but when I try to zoom in to California, the screen goes white, will not let me zoom in to a state sized map, and all the writing is in Chinese??

Ideas on how to get small scale map of an area, with English titles?

JonS
2014-10-23
Use props
javtorales
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34780 ft
Argentina

jonlee0483@aol. Posted at 2014-10-24 12:47
Asus Memo 7 tablet running Android 4.2 ... now I can finally get a huge large scale map of China. I  ...

More simple.... .. enter the dji app, swipe to the ground station page while you are conected to your home network , there you have the maps.... they will been auto saved, then when you use the phantom network tgo to the ground station page. .thats it... maps.....
2014-10-23
Use props
rizal
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hope, DJI can open API for DJI APPS, so we can make application such for http://linuxgizmos.com/linux-based-smart-glasses-keep-it-stylish/
or any usefull application.

2014-10-23
Use props
norcal.drivers
lvl.1

United States

Ok so I am lost. I have a Galaxy S5 with the app. I go to the areas and zoom in to "cache" the pages. Do i need to do this connected to the camera or can I do it without being connected?

Also I see no screen option to save map areas at all in the app.
2015-3-10
Use props
pagan.harold
lvl.2

United States

norcal.drivers@ Posted at 2015-3-11 11:31
Ok so I am lost. I have a Galaxy S5 with the app. I go to the areas and zoom in to "cache" the pages ...

I think what they are attempting to do is to utilize the CELLULAR network to download the maps to the dji vision app. It SHOULD cache them. after you get the area maps. connect to the phantom's wifi and the cached maps should load.
2015-5-13
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Easy steps. Be sure you are on a Internet connection. Open the google Maps page . Scroll in down to close up level then out and scroll around the area a little . Once you see on the Google maps what you want to see in the DJI app. Close Google Maps. Turn on you RC and the wifi. Turn on you quad and connect to the Phantom through your wifi set up. Once connected to the Phantom open the DJI app and then camera. Swipe over to ground station ( must be enabled in set up)  and you should see the same maps you were looking at in Google. Good luck!
2015-5-15
Use props
copydoc
New

United States

jonlee0483@aol. Posted at 2014-10-24 12:47
Asus Memo 7 tablet running Android 4.2 ... now I can finally get a huge large scale map of China. I  ...

jonlee, did you ever get a resolution to your issue? I am using a kindle fire HDX, works fine except with the same issue you were having, can only see maps zoomed out and all labels are in Chinese. Have tried all of the usual steps for caching maps and location services. all other map apps work fine ie, google maps etc. any suggestions would help. PS, works fine when using my galaxy note lll.
2015-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules