Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't flying indoor with tripod mode
4180 10 2017-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edd_88
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Hi there,
I am new to drone and just bought a Spark. I am trying to fly indoor with tripod mode and think it will be safer. However I can't engage any intelligent mode including tripod mode as the AC is forced to Alti mode because no GPS signal (Indoor). Any way to get around? In fact, I saw some youtube that the author mentioned was taken in tripot mode but not mention how to switch into tripot mode.
Thanks a lot
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly, when flying indoors it is highly recommended to use the prop guards. Ensure there is a good enough space around the drone and that the area has a good amount of lighting. This will enable the downward vision position system to maintain an effective hover without GPS. As soon as you've taken off and VPS (opti mode) is engaged you can switch to Tripod Mode. You can't switch when in ATTI mode and it is very unlikely that you will get a GPS lock indoors so VPS is vital. I would only fly indoors once you have mastered manual flight as ATTI mode really sends the drone off in unexpected directions and you need to know exactly how to react to prevent crashing it.
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tripod mode does not work in ATTI mode. As there is no GPS signal indoor or visiual system does not work, it is not available to fly with tripod mode. I would recommend you to change to another outdoor place with good GPS signal or visual environment and try again.
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-14 23:44
Tripod mode does not worknot work in ATTI mode. As there is no GPS signal indoor or visiual system does not work, it is not available to fly with tripod mode. I would recommend you to change to another outdoor place with good GPS signal or visual environment and try again.

Thats strange as I often fly in Tripod mode indoors with VPS only and no GPS without any problems...
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

ACW Posted at 2017-10-14 23:50
Thats strange as I often fly in Tripod mode indoors with VPS only and no GPS without any problems...

ACW, please check the manual below. It would affect the performance of tripod mode and I would not recommend you fly indoor with this mode.
Tripod.png
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"OR IN LIGHT CONDITIONS IDEAL FOR THE VISION SYSTEM"... Believe me, it works perfectly fine with VPS enganged as stated in your manual...
2017-10-15
Use props
Edd_88
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Thanks all guys and girls. I finally managed to fly indoor with tripod mode. As mentioned in the threads about, the drone was forced to Alti mode when no GPS indoor. However, once it took off, in suitable light condition, it will change to Vision mode almost right the way. In Vision mode , I can engage tripod mode and navigate the drone in slow motion and fly comfortably indoor, with prop guard of course.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Edd_88 Posted at 2017-10-15 01:01
Thanks all guys and girls. I finally managed to fly indoor with tripod mode. As mentioned in the threads about, the drone was forced to Alti mode when no GPS indoor. However, once it took off, in suitable light condition, it will change to Vision mode almost right the way. In Vision mode , I can engage tripod mode and navigate the drone in slow motion and fly comfortably indoor, with prop guard of course.

Edd, please be careful when you fly indoor. And videos are welcomed if you want to share your work.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 00:45
"OR IN LIGHT CONDITIONS IDEAL FOR THE VISION SYSTEM"... Believe me, it works perfectly fine with VPS enganged as stated in your manual...

Thanks for correction! I have edited it to avoid similar confusion.
2017-10-17
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks - flying in Tripod mode makes indoor flights safer due to the slower speeds and yaw proving more precise control. As I said, using prop guards is highly recommended as if VPS is lost the Spark will revert to ATTI and that could lead to a collision but in the right lighting and ground surfaces Tripod mode is ideal for indoor flight and you don’t need GPS as long as OPTI mode remains engaged.
2017-10-17
Use props
djiuser_QO6L0XrrZBDE
lvl.1

Brazil

it would be perfect if someone finds the code to change the spark and we can fly in ATTI TRIPOD mode! Someone like Wolferl. Help us Wolferl! we need you.
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules