ND Filters for the phantom 3 4K
2644 18 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

Question 1.

Will filters for the Phantom 3 pro fit a Phantom 3 4K. It seems like they should. How about the Phantom 4 filters are they the same size?

Question 2
I am looking at a set from PolarPro. They look nice but are expensive. Yes, I know you get what you pay for.  Any other brand I should look at

Thanks
2017-10-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try these great ND-filters and POL (Polarizer)-filters from PhantomFilters.com is easy. The ND-filters and POL-filters are ultra light weight and do not impede on the operation of the Gimbal. If you need a stronger effect you can even add more than one ND-filter (stacking) and use an ND-filter and the POL-filter at the same time. They just fit inside the original UV filter simple n cheep! for a full set $24.

http://www.phantomfilters.bigcartel.com/
2017-10-15
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-10-15 05:05
Try these great ND-filters and POL (Polarizer)-filters from PhantomFilters.com is easy. The ND-filters and POL-filters are ultra light weight and do not impede on the operation of the Gimbal. If you need a stronger effect you can even add more than one ND-filter (stacking) and use an ND-filter and the POL-filter at the same time. They just fit inside the original UV filter simple n cheep! for a full set $24.

http://www.phantomfilters.bigcartel.com/

Cool

I just tried to unscrew the end of the lens and it did not budge. Is there a trick to it?  
2017-10-15
Use props
T3rdEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

Yes, you must use very light pressure when grasping the lens.  One trick is using a rubber band around the lens cover or using the prop wrench that came with the A/C.
2017-10-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The tighter you grip it the harder it locks on so just gentle pressure while twisting... sounds daft but works or use an elastic band to make it grippier to twist SEE
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, the P3P camera is physically the same as the P34K - the P4 filters however will not fit as a different design.

I only use polar pro or DJI filters on all of my drones.  
2017-10-15
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 07:37
Yes, the P3P camera is physically the same as the P34K - the P4 filters however will not fit as a different design.

I only use polar pro or DJI filters on all of my drones.

Thanks ACW
2017-10-16
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

I am unsure if this is true for all filters on the market, but I know our Phantom 3 filters will fit fine on the Phantom 3 4K, as well as the Phantom 4.  The lens barrel on the Phantom 4 is a little longer so a Phantom 3 filter would not sit flush with the very end of the threading, but the thread size is the same so it does still fit.  A Phantom 4 filter would be a little longer than needed for a Phantom 3 lens, but again would still work fine in terms of threading into place.  Hope this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-10-17
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

PolarProSupport Posted at 2017-10-17 15:27
I am unsure if this is true for all filters on the market, but I know our Phantom 3 filters will fit fine on the Phantom 3 4K, as well as the Phantom 4.  The lens barrel on the Phantom 4 is a little longer so a Phantom 3 filter would not sit flush with the very end of the threading, but the thread size is the same so it does still fit.  A Phantom 4 filter would be a little longer than needed for a Phantom 3 lens, but again would still work fine in terms of threading into place.  Hope this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro

Thanks Oliver

I ended up with a set of PolarPro  3 Cinema Series filters. I hope they are as good as they sound
2017-10-18
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

Steve2017Newbie Posted at 2017-10-18 04:22
Thanks Oliver

I ended up with a set of PolarPro  3 Cinema Series filters. I hope they are as good as they sound

Great to hear, those are excellent filters and I am sure you'll have a great time with them.  Have fun flying!

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-10-18
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My set of PhantomFilters arrive today - looking good -
2017-10-18
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-10-18 08:41
My set of PhantomFilters arrive today - looking good - http://www.aerial-image.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/filter-review-11-of-16.jpg[/img]

Cool let us know what you think
2017-10-18
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will do....when we get a break in the great weather we are having at the mo ... ND6 and ND12 will be handy here in the UK, very bright sun quite are even in summer.
2017-10-18
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-10-18 10:08
Will do....when we get a break in the great weather we are having at the mo ... ND6 and ND12 will be handy here in the UK, very bright sun quite are even in summer.

The chart I am looking at says that the N12 is less than 4 stops. If you are trying to keep your shutter at 1/60 for video on a bright sunny day, that might not be enough.  I think you will need 5 or 6 stops. if I am calculating this correctly that would be an N32 or N64?.  If you are flying during the golden hour ( which would be the best time anyway) the N12 should be fine.  Let me know.

Thanks

Steve
2017-10-18
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

PolarProSupport Posted at 2017-10-18 08:35
Great to hear, those are excellent filters and I am sure you'll have a great time with them.  Have fun flying!

- Oliver from PolarPro

Oliver, I received my Polar 3 Cinema Series filters today. I can't remove the manufactures UV filter so I can install the ND filters, Any suggestions?

I am trying to unscrew it counter clockwise. It's not budging
2017-10-25
Use props
Paul Tomo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 607336 ft
United Kingdom

Steve2017Newbie Posted at 2017-10-25 18:24
Oliver, I received my Polar 3 Cinema Series filters today. I can't remove the manufactures UV filter so I can install the ND filters, Any suggestions?

I am trying to unscrew it counter clockwise. It's not budging

try using a rubber wrist band but turn very slowly and don't grip to tight or it will not come off.
2017-10-25
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Counter/anti clockwise when looking at the lense do not grip to tight twist more than pressing... if you get what I mean - light fast twists... the first time is always the worst.
2017-10-26
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

Thanks,  I got it. One of my problems was that I was looking at the logo thinking it would spin ass the cover came off. When I started to just look at the housing I could see it turn.

Thanks again.
2017-10-26
Use props
DNR 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689478 ft
United States

I like DitzCo. Very lightweight, lots of ways to stack the filters.
2017-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules