Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why do i get new folders in my mobile all the time?!
1323 11 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jffoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 709 ft
Sweden

After every flight i get 3 folders in my phone, called "activate, DJI_SPALSH, and videoguide) and its contains video guides like it says and some photos..  im getting tired of deleting  these
after every flight. Are everyone else ok with it? Never heard of anyone got these.

2017-10-15
Use props
Qoncussion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31867 ft
United States

They are part of the Go4 app. Why delete them? Leave them be, and you'll never have to think about them again...
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd just leave them and ignore them
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I will also ignore, you don't need to delete them.
2017-10-16
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL "you dont need to delete them"... "ignore them"... WHY??? Its my storage space on my phone. Why should I keep videos and images that I do not need or care for. The DJI app shouldn't be downloading crap to my device.
2017-10-16
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-10-16 07:55
LOL "you dont need to delete them"... "ignore them"... WHY??? Its my storage space on my phone. Why should I keep videos and images that I do not need or care for. The DJI app shouldn't be downloading crap to my device.

If it's downloading them (and not just copying them from another location), then it's using your bandwidth needlessly.  I'd be a little ticked about that too, especially if they are longish videos.  But I really would not run DJI Go 4 in flight with wifi/data on.  You know darn well all the spying that DJI does secretly on the connection.

As for the solution, try deleting the files but leaving the folders intact.  Then set the permissions on the folders such that nothing can write to them.  chmod 000 or whatever the equivalent is.  I dunno if there's an app to do that.  If you can only find an app that sets file permissions on files rather than folders, then replace the files with 0 byte files and change the files themselves to readonly.
2017-10-16
Use props
Qoncussion
lvl.4
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-10-16 07:55

Then turn off your video cache. Go4 will store logs and other information. It's part of the app, and it's part of the experience.
2017-10-16
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-16 08:04
If it's downloading them (and not just copying them from another location), then it's using your bandwidth needlessly.  I'd be a little ticked about that too, especially if they are longish videos.  But I really would not run DJI Go 4 in flight with wifi/data on.  You know darn well all the spying that DJI does secretly on the connection.

As for the solution, try deleting the files but leaving the folders intact.  Then set the permissions on the folders such that nothing can write to them.  chmod 000 or whatever the equivalent is.  I dunno if there's an app to do that.  If you can only find an app that sets file permissions on files rather than folders, then replace the files with 0 byte files and change the files themselves to readonly.

Great idea! Thanks!
2017-10-16
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Qoncussion Posted at 2017-10-16 08:05
Then turn off your video cache. Go4 will store logs and other information. It's part of the app, and it's part of the experience.

Its not video cache what we're talking about. Its ads and instruction videos that are being download and saved on our devices from the DJI Go app. Its not even relevant videos for my drone, the Mavic. Its videos for the spark and ad images.
2017-10-16
Use props
Qoncussion
lvl.4
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-10-16 08:08
Its not video cache what we're talking about. Its ads and instruction videos that are being download and saved on our devices from the DJI Go app. Its not even relevant videos for my drone, the Mavic. Its videos for the spark and ad images.

Ahh... Got it.
2017-10-16
Use props
Kenneth R.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201850 ft
Bulgaria

You accepted this when You installed the app: "Contains ads"! It's right there, next to the icon:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4
2017-10-16
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kenneth R. Posted at 2017-10-16 10:41
You accepted this when You installed the app: "Contains ads"! It's right there, next to the icon:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4

"Contains" meaning that the app will have ads in it, not "will be constantly downloading crap to your device" lol. I would understand if the app download content it needs to display an ad once, but downloading content to my device every time I run the app is not acceptable. If it is ok with you guys then good for you, Im glad you're happy with it, but not me
2017-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules