No Signal error with latest DJI Go update on Android
1639 4 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
klaschr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322963 ft
Ecuador

I recently updated the DJI Go App to version 4.1.10 on my Samsung Tab A and I've been having a terrible time flying my Mavic since. It now constantly ping-pongs between being connected to the drone and then going to no signal (black&white static image for 2-5 seconds) for no reason at all. The remote controller remains connected to the drone and I can fly it around no problem, but the App itself for some reason thinks there's no signal. Is anyone else out there experiencing this? The app was working relatively fine before this latest update :*(
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to replug the connecting cable between the RC and the device. or you can try to use the original cable of your mobile device, plug it on the bottom, note that you need to unplug the side cable first. Then you can try to reinstall the app to see if it helps. Besides, it the app shows No Signal during the flight, try to adjust the antennas and your position. Also, if you have another mobile device, you can change it for a test.
2017-10-15
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

Seems like this new update has A LOT of MPs grounded...
2017-10-17
Use props
klaschr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322963 ft
Ecuador

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-15 21:25
Please try to replug the connecting cable between the RC and the device. or you can try to use the original cable of your mobile device, plug it on the bottom, note that you need to unplug the side cable first. Then you can try to reinstall the app to see if it helps. Besides, it the app shows No Signal during the flight, try to adjust the antennas and your position. Also, if you have another mobile device, you can change it for a test.

Hey DJI Thor, thanks for your response!!

What you have to understand is that the problem is not the cable, or the remote control, it is the App itself! I've tried all of your suggestions, and you have to keep in mind that the RC and the Mavic remain constantly connected - I know this because i'm literally able to keep flying around AND EVEN TAKE PICTURES/VIDEO despite the App telling me there's No Signal (lies!). It is entirely the App itself that somehow keeps thinking there's No Signal between the RC and the aircraft when in fact there STILL is.

And again: All was more-or-less GOOD until this latest update rolled out. Please, please... I'm begging you guys to give the Android App the love it desperately needs because it is sooo, so utterly infuriating that DJI can inadvertently ground SO MANY innocent Mavics by releasing a version of the App like this :*( I simply can't fly with the App in its current state.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

klaschr Posted at 2017-10-17 16:21
Hey DJI Thor, thanks for your response!!

What you have to understand is that the problem is not the cable, or the remote control, it is the App itself! I've tried all of your suggestions, and you have to keep in mind that the RC and the Mavic remain constantly connected - I know this because i'm literally able to keep flying around AND EVEN TAKE PICTURES/VIDEO despite the App telling me there's No Signal (lies!). It is entirely the App itself that somehow keeps thinking there's No Signal between the RC and the aircraft when in fact there STILL is.

As you realised that the connection between the RC and drone is fine, then if the app tells No Signal, then it could be the transmission connection issue, you can try to adjust the antennas, sometimes use a mobile device with a strong performance will also matter.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules