About 3d Noise Reduction
1431 6 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreenFlight
lvl.3
Belgium

I was pleased to use Phantom 2, Osmo and I'am in love with my Mavic Pro for it's portability, only one thing is a little bit upsets me as a pro videographer - Mavic's camera, I'm talking even not about camera sensor size - it's understandible due it's size, but the thing that upsets me most - 3d noise reduction which is causing a total mess even with "sharpness -1" settings.

In post prod I can raise Mavic's video quality to a pro level except dark underexposed areas which are complitly or half blured and missing a lot of details because of NR, and even worse - 3D NR causing "jumping" areas in post-prod which are complete disaster and realy annoying and hard to fix.

So, I'm BEGGING YOU DJI - PLEASE MAKE 3D NOISE REDUCTION - OPTIONAL !!!!
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully we will see this in the Mavic 2 or possibly a FW update
2017-10-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

In theory it really is just a software toggle so a very easy firmware update if they wanted to.  Its a trivial change.
2017-10-15
Use props
GreenFlight
lvl.3
Belgium

"which is causing a total mess even with "sharpness -1" settings"

My mistake - "sharpness +1" settings", I know about this tip with NR on sharpness -3-0, which is slightly less visible on +1
2017-10-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Should be an easy 'fix' (at least, so I think).
2017-10-15
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

We shouldn't expect DJI to improve the product we already paid for, it simply isn't the way they operate. Boosting bitrate on 1920x1080 up to the maximum bitrate that the highest res uses would go a long way to solving the issue that the op requests further noise reduction for, and it has been asked for over a year repeatedly, and is a very simple change to make, and DJI will NOT do it. Why should they when they offer a higher end product more suitable? The software/firmware that has been offered since I bought my Mavic has REMOVED features, not added them. The only problem I see is that the camera on the Mavic is marketed as something much more than it actually is. It is a medium quality 2k cel phone camera, perhaps a 16mm equivalent as far as quality goes.

One way to deal with the poor definition in dark areas, is to crush the dark levels even further in post using a simple gamma adjustment. Quick, easy, and effective in giving the shot a cleaner look.
2017-10-15
Use props
GreenFlight
lvl.3
Belgium

sigkill Posted at 2017-10-15 11:50
We shouldn't expect DJI to improve the product we already paid for, it simply isn't the way they operate. Boosting bitrate on 1920x1080 up to the maximum bitrate that the highest res uses would go a long way to solving the issue that the op requests further noise reduction for, and it has been asked for over a year repeatedly, and is a very simple change to make, and DJI will NOT do it. Why should they when they offer a higher end product more suitable? The software/firmware that has been offered since I bought my Mavic has REMOVED features, not added them. The only problem I see is that the camera on the Mavic is marketed as something much more than it actually is. It is a medium quality 2k cel phone camera, perhaps a 16mm equivalent as far as quality goes.

One way to deal with the poor definition in dark areas, is to crush the dark levels even further in post using a simple gamma adjustment. Quick, easy, and effective in giving the shot a cleaner look.

Dark areas is moderate problem and has a few ways to fix, but the twitching parts of the video because of 3d NR - this is the real pain in the s, because you have to apply some patches over patches on this areas to make it less visible in final product...
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules