1875 20 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zwpSsG7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17503 ft
Norway

Hi guys.

Got the litle Spark some days ago. Got to say it is a lot of fun. Not flying atm. Got to get some blades.

As many others i have not got the distance i hoped for. 2-300 meters 120 meters attitude. Use the Huawei Honor 8. Tried to switch over to 2.4 but it disconects and Spark controller wont show in the WiFi. Have not tried with the OTG cable. But is there anyone else from Norway who can help? I see other users on the forum from Norway have flied 1000 meters.

I read that Iphone can make it without OTG cable? I have no clue. So hope for some good inputs

Thanks.
2017-10-15
Use props
Tor Ringstad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322894 ft
Norway

I find 1000m is reasonably easily achieved. Most important factors, in my experience, are to switch to 2.4 GHz, maintain a completely clear line of sight, and be careful with antenna orientation (both phone/RC and drone). I use an iPhone 5, remote controller and no OTG.

Tor Ringstad
2017-10-15
Use props
Ardenno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

For longer flights is better to use Mavic or Phantom. If you will get compass error you might have a trouble go back and its easy way to lost drone when you cannot see him. I case you have lot of experience and you are good pilot IPad4 in 2.4GHz is best option to do it. I using OTG but like you probably know DJI saying it is not supporting way to connecting .
2017-10-15
Use props
djiuser_zwpSsG7
lvl.1
Norway

Maveric is a nice one, but 1000 VS 300 meters is a lot.

@Tor Ringsttad. Spark remote appears in WiFi after change from 5.8? You log in as normal after the change.
2017-10-15
Use props
Tor Ringstad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322894 ft
Norway

djiuser_zwpSsG7 Posted at 2017-10-15 15:47
Maveric is a nice one, but 1000 VS 300 meters is a lot.

@Tor Ringsttad. Spark remote appears in WiFi after change from 5.8? You log in as normal after the change.

Unfortunately, changing channels is a finicky operation. When it works ok, the drone disconnects from the RC, then reconnects automatically again a few seconds later. However, pretty often, the drone never connects again, and I'm unable to make it connect without power-cycling it. The problem appears to be entirely with the linkt between the RC and the drone, as my phone never loses connection with the RC.
2017-10-15
Use props
djiuser_zwpSsG7
lvl.1
Norway

Thanks for reply

Im going for the OTG first. If that dont work i have to get another phone, i guess.
2017-10-16
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

Using an OTG-cable is the easiest way to switch to 2.4GHz (RC->AC) which will greatly improve your range and image transmission quality in Europe (CE Standard).
The maximum range under ideal conditions given by DJI for Europe are 300m (5.8GHz) and 500m (2.4GHz).

However I found those estimates rather conservative, i.e. you can go further even in Europe ;)

Best wishes,
Flip.
2017-10-16
Use props
djiuser_zwpSsG7
lvl.1
Norway

Thanks

The Spark is a fun litle drone. I hope i can get it to work with OTG.

If not im afraid i have to look at the Maveric. Get them used here for 1/2 the price (combo). A lot of people buy it, but sell it after 1 hour of flight.

Thanks for the feedback
2017-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_zwpSsG7 Posted at 2017-10-16 03:57
Thanks  

The Spark is a fun litle drone. I hope i can get it to work with OTG.

Wow, I must drive  to Norway
2017-10-16
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Here in Europe you are not supposed to fly further away than 500m and no higher than 120m by law, and by the way if you are not very skillet and experienced in flyin drones you probably should not try to go beyond those marks. Just a reminder to prevent accidents to happend.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you try to use Iphone to search the wifi when you witch over to 2.4? Please ensure that there is no interference around your spark.
2017-10-17
Use props
EskildS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 111650 ft
Norway

I am in Norway and have the same issues. Have not tried any "walkarounds" yet. I do not intend tro fly higher than 120 m og longer than 500 m. Biggest issues for me is:

1. Image signal on screen drops out too quickly, maybe even after just 50 metres. Also in remote areas.
2. Can't change from 5,8 to 2,4 on Android phones....

I have a Nexus 6P and fly more combo (remote control)

Hopefully this can be fixed by a firmware update.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

EskildS Posted at 2017-10-17 01:35
I am in Norway and have the same issues. Have not tried any "walkarounds" yet. I do not intend tro fly higher than 120 m og longer than 500 m. Biggest issues for me is:

1. Image signal on screen drops out too quickly, maybe even after just 50 metres. Also in remote areas.

Please ensure that it is not caused by environment.( P46 of the user manual).
Flight environment.PNG
2017-10-17
Use props
EskildS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 111650 ft
Norway

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-17 02:22
Please ensure that it is not caused by environment.( P46 of the user manual).

All those points ticked off. This is not the issue.

Also, not possible with mu Nexus 6P to change from 5,8 ghz to 2,4 ghz.
2017-10-17
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

You should think about getting the Spark RC and a parabolic reflector on the antennas , I fly in built up areas with serious interference and found this setup gets me out to 750 meters on the 5.8ghz range , also solves the choppy video.

An example of a parabolic reflector can be seen here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fold-A ... 2057872.m2749.l2649
I connect OTG to my DJI Googles or Ipad pro.

2017-10-17
Use props
djiuser_zwpSsG7
lvl.1
Norway

One hour left i guess and my blades will arrive with protection for the controller. Both Spark and RC in one bag, safe.

@m1n1s: I will buy that one The price of a coke, worth try it. The weather will be sunny for the next days, so i will get the OTG. I dont have any Apple products. Never had, so i hope it will work

I live in the country, not the city btw. A lot of trees and mountains, but also open fields. Have not gone in the city with the spary yet.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_zwpSsG7 Posted at 2017-10-18 03:01
One hour left i guess and my blades will arrive with protection for the controller. Both Spark and RC in one bag, safe.

@m1n1s: I will buy that one  The price of a coke, worth try it. The weather will be sunny for the next days, so i will get the OTG. I dont have any Apple products. Never had, so i hope it will work  

Since your country uses CE, please note that the range of 5.8G channel is 300 m while 2.4G channel is 500 m. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-18
Use props
TheNorwegianSpa
lvl.1
Norway

With OTG will the camera get more stable? No WiFi. I guess the WiFi makes it crappy when the signal is bad?

Took the spark in the woods. The video is no good when spark get some speed. Ordered the signal booster btw linked from m1.
2017-10-18
Use props
TheNorwegianSpa
lvl.1
Norway

Got the OTG. But as usual i got it wrong.

Bought OTG from phone, not controller. RC just starts charging.... no connection to the spark/phone.

All that phun

2017-10-20
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

TheNorwegianSpa Posted at 2017-10-20 11:27
Got the OTG. But as usual i got it wrong.

Bought OTG from phone, not controller. RC just starts charging.... no connection to the spark/phone.

Note that in order to actually use the OTG cable you must plug it into the RC after the RC has powered on. Otherwise the port will not become active and even though you are plugged into it you may actually be using WiFi from your phone to the RC instead. Best practice is to turn WiFi and Bluetooth off on your phone and then plug the OTG cable in once the RC is powered on.
2017-10-20
Use props
TheNorwegianSpa
lvl.1
Norway

I know how to do it

But the RC just keep charging,. Not binding with the phone.
Seen another on this forum have the same problem. His fix was OTG cable from RC, not Phone.
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules