after upgrading rc to v 1.9.3 P3P lost gimbal control
2702 32 2017-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans11cbf5e8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525453 ft
United States

Did firmware upgrades to ac P3X_FW_V01.11.0020 and rc 1.9.3. After upgrading rc firmware I lost up/down gimbal control with the controller wheel. I had managed to downgrade ac to  P3X_FW_V01.10.0090 and rc to 1.6.0 and was able to regain control with Litchi app, but what is up with the firmware upgrade ruining my drone?
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please make sure the firmware update is successful. Then reset the gimbal settings to default. Alternatively, you can hold the screen for a certain time until a blue ring appears, then drag it up and down to see whether the gimbal works.
2017-10-15
Use props
TheDA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-15 23:07
Please make sure the firmware update is successful. Then reset the gimbal settings to default. Alternatively, you can hold the screen for a certain time until a blue ring appears, then drag it up and down to see whether the gimbal works.

Was successful. Gimbal does work from the screen, just not from the rc. I am only able to use it because I have downgraded firmware.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TheDA Posted at 2017-10-16 03:30
Was successful. Gimbal does work from the screen, just not from the rc. I am only able to use it because I have downgraded firmware.

Have you tried to reset the gimbal settings, like Susan mentioned?
2017-10-16
Use props
TheDA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-16 03:47
Have you tried to reset the gimbal settings, like Susan mentioned?

Sorry, yes I reset the gimbal settings from the Go app several times with no luck.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TheDA Posted at 2017-10-16 05:44
Sorry, yes I reset the gimbal settings from the Go app several times with no luck.

Could you please provide some screenshots of the Gimbal Settings? Besides, please also try to calibrate the RC, see if the control wheel is broken.
2017-10-17
Use props
TheDA
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-17 00:18
Could you please provide some screenshots of the Gimbal Settings? Besides, please also try to calibrate the RC, see if the control wheel is broken.

Control wheel is not broken. If I downgrade to rc firmware 1.6, gimbal works fine.
2017-10-18
Use props
TheDA
lvl.2
United States

Nobody else with this problem huh?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TheDA Posted at 2017-10-18 11:28
Control wheel is not broken. If I downgrade to rc firmware 1.6, gimbal works fine.

That is strange, could you please provide some screenshots of the Gimbal settings? A short video about this issue will be highly appreciated.
2017-10-19
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179974 ft
United States

TheDA Posted at 2017-10-19 01:58
Nobody else with this problem huh?

I'm having the same problem with my gimbal wheel.  I've reset 9 ways to Sunday and with 1.9.3, the gimbal moves side to side.  Downgrade to 1.6 and the gimbal wheel works perfectly.  However, at 1.6 I get poor connectivity with the drone/camera.  

2017-11-9
Use props
fans2ebc1f3d
lvl.1
United States

I'm having similar issues my gimbal now moves left to right with the wheel I have NO Up & Down control from any point. Looking for some help to resolve
2018-1-28
Use props
fans2ebc1f3d
lvl.1
United States

I have spent the last hour trying several times to down grade and not able to get that to install Basically I'm screwed. I'm beginning to see a Apple UpGrade  Repeat Deal??? No body at DJI seems interested in resolve other than make sure to the upgrade has installed correctly. Question how do you confirm up date correct ???

2018-1-28
Use props
fans2ebc1f3d
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-19 23:56
That is strange, could you please provide some screenshots of the Gimbal settings? A short video about this issue will be highly appreciated.

I have spent the last hour trying several times to down grade and not able to get that to install Basically I'm screwed. I'm beginning to see a Apple UpGrade  Repeat Deal??? No body at DJI seems interested in resolve other than make sure to the upgrade has installed correctly. Question how do you confirm up date correct ???
2018-1-28
Use props
fans2ebc1f3d
lvl.1
United States

TheDA Posted at 2017-10-18 11:28

how did you complete a downgrade Mine keeps crashing
when I atempt
2018-1-28
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

IF

YOUR DRONE WORKS

DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE.

ELSE

YOUR DRONE MAY NOT WORK ANYMORE

ENDIF

Also, turn off the auto-update feature on the ipad or other tablety thing you use for eyes.
2018-1-28
Use props
fans2ebc1f3d
lvl.1
United States

Thanks but late on the info I have already updated and crashed the system

Zero tech support for DJI over the weekend
2018-1-28
Use props
fans2ebc1f3d
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-15 23:07

Susan
my system is completely crashed trying to resolve this problem any other suggestions??

Need my gimbal control restored
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans2ebc1f3d Posted at 2018-1-28 13:32
Susan
my system is completely crashed trying to resolve this problem any other suggestions??

Sir, may I know what's the current status of your RC? Does the gimbal work when you drag the blue ring? If still not, please kindly offer a short video for double check, thanks!
2018-2-1
Use props
rcgehrzmd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2795 ft

My Phantom 3 Pro has lost gimbal wheel control of up/down camera panning since recent RC firmware update to V. 1.9.2; Aircraft firmware version is V.1.11.20; DJI Go app V. 3.1.42 on iPad.  All other functions are fine.  The Gimbal moves normally with start-up of aircraft and moves to 0 -90 degrees with C1 button.  When I touch screen to bring up blue circle, I can move the gimbal up and down smoothly from 0-90 degrees and back just as I have been able to do with the gimbal wheel for 2 years..  I have tried RC calibration of the joysticks and gimbal wheel many times without effect.  I have adjusted the advanced gimbal settings for all 3 configurations to Gimbal Pitch Speed 50-100; Upward gimbal tilt to Off; Gimbal pitch smoothness to 0-20; and synchronized gimbal pan follow to Enable.  I have used reset settings numerous times.  I have also tried gimbal auto calibration numerous times and IMU calibration several times.  I have removed and reloaded the DJI Go app 3 times.

Is there a revised RC firmware update available that addresses this issue?  The DJI Go app indicates that I have the most recent firmware.  I have not had any crashes and all of the gimbal functions can be reproduced from the DJI Go app with "workarounds."  The only problem is that the gimbal wheel is inactive.  

Thanks for any insights that might correct this.
2018-8-14
Use props
LMcIntyre2011
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4163 ft
United States

rcgehrzmd Posted at 2018-8-14 09:42
My Phantom 3 Pro has lost gimbal wheel control of up/down camera panning since recent RC firmware update to V. 1.9.2; Aircraft firmware version is V.1.11.20; DJI Go app V. 3.1.42 on iPad.  All other functions are fine.  The Gimbal moves normally with start-up of aircraft and moves to 0 -90 degrees with C1 button.  When I touch screen to bring up blue circle, I can move the gimbal up and down smoothly from 0-90 degrees and back just as I have been able to do with the gimbal wheel for 2 years..  I have tried RC calibration of the joysticks and gimbal wheel many times without effect.  I have adjusted the advanced gimbal settings for all 3 configurations to Gimbal Pitch Speed 50-100; Upward gimbal tilt to Off; Gimbal pitch smoothness to 0-20; and synchronized gimbal pan follow to Enable.  I have used reset settings numerous times.  I have also tried gimbal auto calibration numerous times and IMU calibration several times.  I have removed and reloaded the DJI Go app 3 times.

Is there a revised RC firmware update available that addresses this issue?  The DJI Go app indicates that I have the most recent firmware.  I have not had any crashes and all of the gimbal functions can be reproduced from the DJI Go app with "workarounds."  The only problem is that the gimbal wheel is inactive.  

I  have the exact same problem. Have you found a resolution? Has DJI offered any more constructive instructions?
2018-10-7
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

I also have the same problem as all that have posted before.  But, I just finished uploading a video.  This is on both a Android and a iPad.  So, its not a OS issue.

2018-10-12
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

After looking around a bit more.  Finding that I can not move the gimbal using the wheel on the bottom of the controller.  I tried a suggestion another user had suggested.
And thats to tap and hold the screen on your monitor (ipad Air 2 in my case), a little blue dot appears, and, low and behold, I can move it up and down, and the gimbal follows.
So, if you've ran into this problem.  There's the temp fix..
2018-10-12
Use props
fanseebc3ecd
lvl.1

rcgehrzmd Posted at 2018-8-14 09:42
My Phantom 3 Pro has lost gimbal wheel control of up/down camera panning since recent RC firmware update to V. 1.9.2; Aircraft firmware version is V.1.11.20; DJI Go app V. 3.1.42 on iPad.  All other functions are fine.  The Gimbal moves normally with start-up of aircraft and moves to 0 -90 degrees with C1 button.  When I touch screen to bring up blue circle, I can move the gimbal up and down smoothly from 0-90 degrees and back just as I have been able to do with the gimbal wheel for 2 years..  I have tried RC calibration of the joysticks and gimbal wheel many times without effect.  I have adjusted the advanced gimbal settings for all 3 configurations to Gimbal Pitch Speed 50-100; Upward gimbal tilt to Off; Gimbal pitch smoothness to 0-20; and synchronized gimbal pan follow to Enable.  I have used reset settings numerous times.  I have also tried gimbal auto calibration numerous times and IMU calibration several times.  I have removed and reloaded the DJI Go app 3 times.

Is there a revised RC firmware update available that addresses this issue?  The DJI Go app indicates that I have the most recent firmware.  I have not had any crashes and all of the gimbal functions can be reproduced from the DJI Go app with "workarounds."  The only problem is that the gimbal wheel is inactive.  

I had exactly the same Problem with my Phantom4. Lost gimbal up/down on the wheel after update to RC Firmware 1.9.3. Wheel moves the gimbal right/left. With blue circle on screen the gimbal works ok. With Downgrade to V1.6 the gimbal was ok, but no Image Transmission.
Is DJI Aware of this Problem and working on a better RC Firmware? Difficult to accept new problems with every update.
2018-10-20
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

DJI hasn't answered anyone with this issue.  I've even left a PM for DJI Susan, with no reply.  I can't seem to downgrade as the system crashes each time i've tried.
2018-10-20
Use props
Dave1163sag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27497 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went  on the DJI website and I can't find the P3 firmware updates for drone. Can someone please send me the link for the latest update.
2018-10-20
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
2018-10-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

KenDuke Posted at 2018-10-20 14:56
DJI hasn't answered anyone with this issue.  I've even left a PM for DJI Susan, with no reply.  I can't seem to downgrade as the system crashes each time i've tried.

You might look at phantomhelp.com.  
2018-10-20
Use props
Dave1163sag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27497 ft
  • >>>
United States

KenDuke Posted at 2018-10-20 18:21
https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads

Thanks, Ken, but I should have said the Phantom 3 pro. When I click on the zip file it doesn't open.  
2018-10-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Dave1163sag Posted at 2018-10-20 23:40
Thanks, Ken, but I should have said the Phantom 3 pro. When I click on the zip file it doesn't open.

You'll find the P3 Pro files here:-

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
2018-10-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

KenDuke Posted at 2018-10-20 14:56

The gimbal issue has existed previously, there was one suggestion from DJI Thor that has worked for some:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 889&pid=1288576
2018-10-21
Use props
Rintschen
lvl.1

Aardvark Posted at 2018-10-21 04:57
The gimbal issue has existed previously, there was one suggestion from DJI Thor that has worked for some:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=142889&pid=1288576

The proposed procedure from DJI Thor produced a miracle: Gimbal is back to normal. Thank you Aardvark for this very helpful comment. My P4 seems to work without any problems.
2018-10-21
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

I tried it today, and it did not fix my issue.  At least I can still use the blue dot on the screen to move the gimbal.
2018-10-21
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules