Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 app Spark update
3323 22 2017-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bupitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377648 ft
France

Hi.

The new DJI Go 4 update brought at no. 4. the following: "Added manual locking for transmission frequencies and channels".
Does anyone know what that mean?

Can we default run on 2.4Ghz?

Thanks,

Bupitz
2017-10-16
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Please, more information or a link about this.
2017-10-16
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

Sadly we all updated to DJI GO 4 v.10 it says "Added manual locking for transmission frequencies and channels"   , but thats a lie we still cant lock a channel  and transmision to stick to 2.4ghz,
2017-10-16
Use props
fansbd30b82d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26906 ft
Dominican Republic

Sadly we all updated to DJI GO 4 v.10 it says "Added manual locking for transmission frequencies and channels"   , but thats a lie we still cant lock a channel  and transmision to stick to 2.4ghz,      every time i turn off and on the spark it goes back to 5.8ghz   lets hope a new firmware update fix that
2017-10-16
Use props
TyronP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

Spark needs the new firmware update that didn't release yet that's why.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It should work with the new firmware of the Spark, pay close attention to the DJI Official website, it's coming soon.
2017-10-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Yes, it had been clearly stated beforehand that this feature will come with the new firmware version.
2017-10-16
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does still lock for the entire flight duration as it stands so can be used on the current FW (I always fly in 2.4 without the need of any OTG) but obviously reverts back to 5.8ghz each time you turn off/on the battery. What I would like is for the RC to auto select the best channel during the flight and not just lock onto the one channel chosen by the pilot before takeoff in addition to 2.4 remaining locked after shutting down the battery. Looking forward to FW .700 soon - it's been nearly two months since .600...
2017-10-17
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Germany

How do you switch to 2.4Ghz? When I switch to any 2.4Ghz channel the RC disconnects and never comes back (the wifi from the RC is not seen by the phone). I'm using Android.
2017-10-17
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

ACW Posted at 2017-10-17 03:53
It does still lock for the entire flight duration as it stands so can be used on the current FW (I always fly in 2.4 without the need of any OTG) but obviously reverts back to 5.8ghz each time you turn off/on the battery. What I would like is for the RC to auto select the best channel during the flight and not just lock onto the one channel chosen by the pilot before takeoff in addition to 2.4 remaining locked after shutting down the battery. Looking forward to FW .700 soon - it's been nearly two months since .600...

Yeah i have tried it but not been able to fly really as the RC was loosing connection after take off, so just landed the AC and restarted so it went back to 5,8...
2017-10-17
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-17 08:17
Yeah i have tried it but not been able to fly really as the RC was loosing connection after take off, so just landed the AC and restarted so it went back to 5,8...

Tap 2.4 in the WiFi settings section of the app just before you take off - it's lists the amount of dBm noise with fluctuating bar graphs in the channel index of the frequency - if they are red &/or reach -70 to -60 then that denotes you are in an unstable area for 2.4 - change location to somewhere with less interference and believe me, you can reach distances of >1KM quite easily in a CE area with no OTG and maintain full control over the drone. Fly near built up areas and you'll be lucky to get 300M - 5.8ghz will work better than 2.4 (less transmission lag) when near built up areas and indoors but again, range will be 200-300m.
2017-10-17
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

ACW Posted at 2017-10-17 10:17
Tap 2.4 in the WiFi settings section of the app just before you take off - it's lists the amount of dBm noise with fluctuating bar graphs in the channel index of the frequency - if they are red &/or reach -70 to -60 then that denotes you are in an unstable area for 2.4 - change location to somewhere with less interference and believe me, you can reach distances of >1KM quite easily in a CE area with no OTG and maintain full control over the drone. Fly near built up areas and you'll be lucky to get 300M - 5.8ghz will work better than 2.4 (less transmission lag) when near built up areas and indoors but again, range will be 200-300m.

Really? have you reached 1 km with the CE version of Spark just by switching the WIFI to 2.4? I have done like 700m. in 5.8 band in a very low interference location, and i was surprised because it went very very fast is sports mode and i had visual all the time, i saw it after the flight when i checked my flight record. So thank you for the tip, i maight try it next time im out of the city.
2017-10-17
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-17 11:37
Really? have you reached 1 km with the CE version of Spark just by switching the WIFI to 2.4? I have done like 700m. in 5.8 band in a very low interference location, and i was surprised because it went very very fast is sports mode and i had visual all the time, i saw it after the flight when i checked my flight record. So thank you for the tip, i maight try it next time im out of the city.

Yep - 1,079M/0.67 miles before turning it around myself and flying back as a test - no loss of signal, no OTG and full control over the drone. In sport mode I have reached 32.9MPH so it will fly fast. I would not recommend flying 'long distance' in sport mode just in case you lose signal at distance - at a slower speed you can regain control quicker as the loss will be more gradual - fly in GPS without the obstacle avoidance engaged - you still hit 12-13MPH and it will also stop the battery draining as quickly. Ensure the drone is high too - 300-400' AGL with the RC pointed perpendicular to the drone and that there is not even a tree branch between the RC and Spark. ALWAYS do this in an open area away from people, buildings etc. and never go over 400' AGL.
2017-10-17
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bupitz Posted at 2017-10-17 04:22
How do you switch to 2.4Ghz? When I switch to any 2.4Ghz channel the RC disconnects and never comes back (the wifi from the RC is not seen by the phone). I'm using Android.

I use IOS (iPhone 7+) with my Spark so can't comment on Android. On IOS you tap the WiFi symbol, tap 2.4 - this will list the channels in that frequency - look for the channel with the least amount of noise then in the row underneath you will see the channel numbers listed as channel index - tap the number of the channel with the least noise, agree to the wiFi reset and your mobile will reset the WiFi to that channel under 2.4 and remain locked until either deselected by you or you turn off the flight battery. If it doesn't reconnect (it can take up to 10 seconds to reconnect) - go back to your device WiFi connection and ensure the device hasn't disconnected from the RC - if it has, reconnect the RC to the device again and go back to the Go 4 app and it should still be saved as 2.4ghz. That said, mine always reconnects after the selection but android seems to disconnect more than IOS on the GO 4 app the more I read.
2017-10-17
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

ACW Posted at 2017-10-17 12:21
Yep - 1,079M/0.67 miles before turning it around myself and flying back as a test - no loss of signal and full control over the drone. In sport mode I have reached 32.9MPH so it will fly fast. I would not recommend flying 'long distance' in sport mode just in case you lose signal at distance - at a slower speed you can regain control quicker as the loss will be more gradual - fly in GPS without the obstacle avoidance engaged - you still hit 12-13MPH and it will also stop the battery draining as quickly. Ensure the drone is high too - 300-400' AGL with the RC pointed perpendicular to the drone and that there is not even a tree branch between the RC and Spark. ALWAYS do this in an open area away from people, buildings etc. and never go over 400' AGL.

Thank you for sharing your experience ACW
2017-10-17
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-17 12:48
Thank you for sharing your experience ACW

Pleasure - let me know how you get on and fly safe.
2017-10-17
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

I've tried everything without success. You simply cannot switch to 2.4Ghz on Android. The Wifi from the RC dissapears. I restarted the RC, then the AC, the app, all sort of combinations until I gave up. On wireless you can only use 5Ghz which is a complete mess in Europe at least
2017-10-18
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don’t reset anything - follow the instructions I listed above to the point of tapping yes to change WiFi - the screen will go blank then come back up upon reconnecting after about 10 seconds with 2.4 selected. If nothing comes back up then just go back to your phones WiFi connection page under (out of GO4) and reconnect the phone to the RC WITHOUT turning the RC or drone off - once reconnected load GO4 and tap enter device to bring up the camera view and you should be good to go with 2.4 selected. If this doesn’t work then your only other options are to change your device or use an OTG though DJI clearly do not support the latter so that’s for you to decide.
2017-10-18
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

fansbd30b82d Posted at 2017-10-16 16:00
Sadly we all updated to DJI GO 4 v.10 it says "Added manual locking for transmission frequencies and channels"   , but thats a lie we still cant lock a channel  and transmision to stick to 2.4ghz,

Need to wait for the firmware update.  atleast that is my understanding.
2017-10-18
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

"and reconnect the phone to the RC" <- this step cannot be done because I don't see the RC's wifi anymore, it dissapears from the wifi networks listed on the phone
2017-10-18
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bupitz Posted at 2017-10-18 09:51
"and reconnect the phone to the RC"

Does sound like your device is the issue then. As Sparky-17 pointed out we are all expecting a new FW update (.700) to come out fairly soon for the Spark and that may have a fix to this situation for you but until then it does appear you need to invest in a new device or, as I said earlier, look at using an OTG (at your own risk) in the interim.
2017-10-18
Use props
TyronP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70259 ft
United States

I've had no issues switching to 2.4ghz on Android.. I have a Google pixel. It takes a but long to reconnect when I switch but it works.
2017-10-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Bupitz Posted at 2017-10-18 09:51
"and reconnect the phone to the RC"

So your phone cant connect to the 5.8 GHz channels, the RC is using.
Get/Use an OTG or another device then.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules