Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera aperture incorrect work
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anton D
lvl.1
Russia

Hello All!Last week, I bought a Phantom 4 ADV+ in an authorized DJI store. Copter and remote controller updated to the latest firmware. I found that the "Shutter Priority" mode does not work correctly. There are jumps in the brightness of the image when the aperture(diaphragm) is automatically changed. I recorded a short video to see it in the "Shutter Priority" mode: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2-kU1kC7m_nNHowZWE4RVYySG8

2017-10-16
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try setting the white balance to something other than "auto"
2017-10-16
Use props
Anton D
lvl.1
Russia

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-10-16 08:35

0_0
white balance?.. I use 5500, 6000. How is this interconnected? Why WB?
2017-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Strange but maybe not the environment that the P4A was designed for.
Do you also experience this in outdoor flying?
2017-10-16
Use props
Anton D
lvl.1
Russia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-16 12:09
Strange but maybe not the environment that the P4A was designed for.
Do you also experience this in outdoor flying?

Yes............................
2017-10-16
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-10-16 08:35

If your images are all too blue or too yellow, that's when you need to look at white balance but it has nothing to do with exposure and changing it won't do anything to solve his "problem".

2017-10-16
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you sure you have a problem at all?
I can't see it in your sample.
You have a dim background and you move a bright card (?) in front of the camera.
The camera adjusts the aperture to expose for the average of the scene.
That's how it's supposed to work.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I do not see any obvious issue from your video. I would recommend you to use aperture priority to record indoor.
2017-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anton D Posted at 2017-10-16 12:36
Yes............................

Do you have an outdoor example  online also?
2017-10-17
Use props
Håkan K
First Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Noticed the same with my P4A latest FW, between 17 and 19 secs into this video. It goes from light to dark:
2017-10-17
Use props
Anton D
lvl.1
Russia

Håkan K Posted at 2017-10-17 09:00
Noticed the same with my P4A latest FW, between 17 and 19 secs into this video. It goes from light to dark: check between 17 and 19

Yes Yes Yes! I mean it! Thanks, colleague! This problem appeared after the update? Before the latest update it was OK?

DJI SUPPORT, WHAT IS IT ???
2017-10-17
Use props
Håkan K
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anton D Posted at 2017-10-17 09:47
Yes Yes Yes! I mean it! Thanks, colleague! This problem appeared after the update? Before the latest update it was OK?

DJI SUPPORT, WHAT IS IT ???

I updated the FW right after purchase so I don't know how it behaved in an earlier FW version. Since this, which was the first set of clips I'm running everything manually.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Noticed the same with my P4A latest FW, between 17 and 19 secs into this video. It goes from light to dark: check between 17 and 19

Håkan, thanks for sharing this. It seems that the camera dial was touched mistakenly at that time. You can touch the camera dial during recording to verify whether it is the same issue.
2017-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I know this jumps from my normal camera when in shutter or aperture priority.
The sky came in the frame, making the average light go up and the camera thinks it needs to adjust.
These shutter changes can (usually) only be made incremental causing jumps in your lighting.
Not sure how it works with P4A, but I see this a lot with my DSLR when shooting anything other than full manual.
2017-10-18
Use props
Håkan K
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-18 11:10
I know this jumps from my normal camera when in shutter or aperture priority.
The sky came in the frame, making the average light go up and the camera thinks it needs to adjust.
These shutter changes can (usually) only be made incremental causing jumps in your lighting.

Yeah. Since then I haven't seen it as I switched all to manual. I think the automatic settings are more for stationary / still pics. It happens so much in regards to the light when flying around. It should have been useful with a setting to slow down the automatic switching.  Lets say there were one and it was set to 10 seconds and that particular clip wouldn't have any issues..
2017-10-18
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anton D Posted at 2017-10-16 11:50
0_0
white balance?.. I use 5500, 6000. How is this interconnected? Why WB?

At times with the wb set to auto and the color temp. changes, it can appear that the exposure lightens or darkens to compensate for that change. Some folks might attribute it to shutter speed or aperture settings. I also keep my WB locked at 5600k
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Håkan K Posted at 2017-10-18 21:57
Yeah. Since then I haven't seen it as I switched all to manual. I think the automatic settings are more for stationary / still pics. It happens so much in regards to the light when flying around. It should have been useful with a setting to slow down the automatic switching.  Lets say there were one and it was set to 10 seconds and that particular clip wouldn't have any issues..

I think that is usually the best way (manual) when filming. These jumps are inevitable and indeed will happen more often when flying.
2017-10-19
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unless there are dire circumstances, professional video producers never use auto exposure settings.  
2017-11-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As MJLSTUDIOS says, leaving the White Balance setting in auto is not a good idea, it can caused unexpected changes in the WB setting while you are shooting, and this can look like brightness changes. But in the clip posted by the OP, that bright object in the bottom of frame is causing aperture changes to compensate for the high brightness of the object, this is quite normal. If you do not want to see these changes, switch the camera to fully manual and adjust the exposure manually. The Histogram is a great tool for judging exposure during a flight, learn how to use it.
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules