phantom 3 4K controller not turning on... Fixed but why?
1432 7 2017-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

my controller just quit turning on. Disconnected the battery,  reassembled it and it's working again.

What caused this to happen? I really do not want to do that out in a field someday.

Thanks

2017-10-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe you just had a loose connection, since what you did worked.
2017-10-16
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Hmmm strange that is happening with my P3-4K controller too.  I think I just pluged in the power plug into controller and it come back alive.  but Yes it shouldn't be doing what it's doing in first place.  regards Alex.

p.s. I have only had the drone a week, second hand . Still under warranty.
2017-10-16
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

Altech Posted at 2017-10-16 12:22
Hmmm strange that is happening with my P3-4K controller too.  I think I just pluged in the power plug into controller and it come back alive.  but Yes it shouldn't be doing what it's doing in first place.  regards Alex.

p.s. I have only had the drone a week, second hand . Still under warranty.

It seems to be a common problem I found the fix on youtube.  That was my first thought, I left the controller on and the battery was dead.  Plugging in the charger did nothing.

Strange  
2017-10-16
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

phantom 3 4K controller not turning on... Fixed but why?

My controller (phantom 3 4K) just quit turning on. Disconnected the battery,  reassembled it and it's working again.

What caused this to happen? I really do not want to do that out in a field someday.

Sorry for the double post

Thanks

2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We do not suggest to disassemble the RC as it may void the warranty. I would recommend you to send it in if this happened again: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-16
Use props
Steve2017Newbie
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-16 19:37
We do not suggest to disassemble the RC as it may void the warranty. I would recommend you to send it in if this happened again: http://www.dji.com/support

Susan, it is a Phantom 3 4K. it's not under warranty any longer.  This seems to be a common problem does DJI no why this happens? I would hate for this to get in the way of a day set aside for flying.

2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Steve2017Newbie Posted at 2017-10-17 08:47
Susan, it is a Phantom 3 4K. it's not under warranty any longer.  This seems to be a common problem does DJI no why this happens? I would hate for this to get in the way of a day set aside for flying.

Thanks for clarification. It is suspected as hardware issue. Flight safety is top priority, please consider my previous suggestion if this bothers you.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules