What the heck happened?
2164 35 2017-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

I just unboxed my P3S from its second trip to California for a "critical error" repair.
The gimbal was hanging by one of the white rubber dampeners. The camera was flopping around and was not locked down. It may have come loose when the gimbal separated.
I just sat it down and got my camera and took pictures. I can't upload them though as the uploader says they are too big.
I don't know if anything works or not. After taking the pictures I put it back in the box and shoved it under my bed.
I'm so disgusted with the condition it was returned to me in.
2017-10-16
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could this be rough handling during shipping?
2017-10-16
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar problem where my P3P was sent in for repair and came back worse.
2017-10-16
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Assuming nothing is broken, just hook up the gimbal using two of the plastic pins and power things up. Obviously they goofed at the other end although it may be shipping realted. It may not be fatal.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to read your unpleasant experience. Could you PM me your case number and upload the pictures by Dropbox? I'd like to check the exact status. Also, please try to power on the drone to check the aircraft performance. Appreciate your cooperation.
2017-10-16
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-16 18:51
I'm sorry to read your unpleasant experience. Could you PM me your case number and upload the pictures by Dropbox? I'd like to check the exact status. Also, please try to power on the drone to check the aircraft performance. Appreciate your cooperation.

Tomorrow.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Noted with thanks! I'll wait for your update.
2017-10-17
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 03:02

2017-10-17
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 03:02

Sent you a pm.
2017-10-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That's pretty sad. I feel the gut wrench... What the heck ever happened to quality control? Or is this something Undiscovered over seas, yet?

When I unboxed my brand new Phantom 3 Pro, after it finally arrived home, I found the clear plastic factory OEM DJI gimbal guard sitting on the bottom of the box.

I have doubts that it rode all the way from China like that, or my onboard camera would have been dangling by them anti drop pins as well. ;-)

Is there a good reason for this lack of care and attention to details? Why are the folks who pack these drones for shipment, not giving them a good once over...Before sealing the cardboard shipping box?

Same goes for repaired items or replacement drones, be they new or refurbished.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Well received your message in PM. I couldn't access the Facebook personally. Could you upload the pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive, then send us the link in PM? I'll try my best to help you.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pllphoto Posted at 2017-10-16 18:04
I had a similar problem where my P3P was sent in for repair and came back worse.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Is there any case number can be offered to look into the exact status? We are keeping trying to improve our service and would like to offer better experience.  
2017-10-17
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

use your pc and resize them , I just use MS paint and go 50% first,then do that again at 50% .Save as.   now your pic should around 400k   regards Alex
2017-10-17
Use props
Eric ncfwa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322526 ft
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-17 16:32
That's pretty sad. I feel the gut wrench... What the heck ever happened to quality control? Or is this something Undiscovered over seas, yet?

When I unboxed my brand new Phantom 3 Pro, after it finally arrived home, I found the clear plastic factory OEM DJI gimbal guard sitting on the bottom of the box.

Yeah same here with my P3S
I was lucky to have read the manual several times to know what it was and how important it was, I now have a light rubber band around the gimbal protector and a Remove Before Flight tag attached
Eric
2017-10-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Eric ncfwa Posted at 2017-10-18 05:41
Yeah same here with my P3S
I was lucky to have read the manual several times to know what it was and how important it was, I now have a light rubber band around the gimbal protector and a Remove Before Flight tag attached
Eric

If no one complained, change would never happen.  Same old same ...

So we are actually doing DJI a huge favor, pointing out these faults and frailties.
If only so they can continue to be a world leader and most respected RC drone manufacturers. . .

RedHotPoker
2017-10-18
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 22:44
Well received your message in PM. I couldn't access the Facebook personally. Could you upload the pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive, then send us the link in PM? I'll try my best to help you.

I'm working on it. At first, I couldn't send the pix because of a size limit even after I shrunk them to 77kb. After that I kept getting bad file info errors or something to that effect. Will try again tomorrow evening.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-18 18:58
I'm working on it. At first, I couldn't send the pix because of a size limit even after I shrunk them to 77kb. After that I kept getting bad file info errors or something to that effect. Will try again tomorrow evening.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I always appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2017-10-19
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

Picture was taken right after unboxing myP3S.

1st angle

1st angle
2017-10-19
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

None of these pictures show the gimbal and camera just hanging by the rubber dampener as the porch rail gets in the way.

2nd angle

2nd angle
2017-10-19
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

another picture

3rd angle

3rd angle
2017-10-19
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

It looks like the gimbal lock wasn't installed correctly again. This was a problem when it returned the first time. Then it came back the second time with the gimbal hanging loose again.

4th angle

4th angle
2017-10-19
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-19 15:39
It looks like the gimbal lock wasn't installed correctly again. This was a problem when it returned the first time. Then it came back the second time with the gimbal hanging loose again.

I have other pictures that show different views of my P3S.
2017-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-19 15:34
Picture was taken right after unboxing myP3S.

Those photos are too small to see any real detail. But I would ask, did you have the anti-drop pins fitted before you sent it away? Correctly installed, there should be two, installed diagonally opposite each other.
2017-10-19
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-19 16:04
Those photos are too small to see any real detail. But I would ask, did you have the anti-drop pins fitted before you sent it away? Correctly installed, there should be two, installed diagonally opposite each other.

I installed what I had which was the gimbal lock. This was from California back to me not from me to California.
2017-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-20 11:41
I installed what I had which was the gimbal lock. This was from California back to me not from me to California.

That was not the question. On a new aircraft you are supplied with four clear plastic anti-drop pins, and you then fit two of them on opposite corners. They are designed to stop the bottom half of the gimbal falling down as it has in your photo. My question is, did you fit those two pins befor you sent it away. BTW, the gimbal lock does not stop what happened to your gimbal.
2017-10-20
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-20 15:36
That was not the question. On a new aircraft you are supplied with four clear plastic anti-drop pins, and you then fit two of them on opposite corners. They are designed to stop the bottom half of the gimbal falling down as it has in your photo. My question is, did you fit those two pins befor you sent it away. BTW, the gimbal lock does not stop what happened to your gimbal.

I looked through the box of items that came with the drone when I bought it. No such items as you describe are there. I have everything that came with it. I've thrown nothing away.
2017-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-20 17:38
I looked through the box of items that came with the drone when I bought it. No such items as you describe are there. I have everything that came with it. I've thrown nothing away.

Then you should get some anti-drop pins and fit them. That's the reason your gimbal assembly is hanging down. The pins stop it falling down.
2017-10-20
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-20 17:38

If you flew that without the anti drop [ins in place, its a miracle the camera stayed on at all. When I bought all three of my ps3 standards. the pins were already in place. Was your unit new, used, or refurbished?
That said, DJI should have put pins in place before sending it back , even thought they received it without the pins.
2017-10-20
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Are the black and grey wires to the camera assembly still intact? Photos dont seem to show them at all.
2017-10-20
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

yikes... hope that gets resolved in your favor...  They should give a new P4
2017-10-20
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-19 00:40
Thanks for keeping us updated. I always appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Nothing was fixed.
I got my P3S out this evening and connected the gimbal to the body of the drone. After charging the battery and powering it up; all the lights came on red. Tilting the drone produced jerky movements from the camera and that whole assembly became uncomfortably hot. Also the camera, instead of facing forward, had a downward caste to it. About 45 degrees or so. Moving the wheel on the controller produced no movement of the camera even though the calibrating scale moved on my phone.
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-21 18:07
Nothing was fixed.
I got my P3S out this evening and connected the gimbal to the body of the drone. After charging the battery and powering it up; all the lights came on red. Tilting the drone produced jerky movements from the camera and that whole assembly became uncomfortably hot. Also the camera, instead of facing forward, had a downward caste to it. About 45 degrees or so. Moving the wheel on the controller produced no movement of the camera even though the calibrating scale moved on my phone.

Sorry for the late response first. I have checked the previous case, the drone was repaired and worked well at that time, and the local team arranged return at 8th Sep. I will attach the pictures before shipping for your reference. But from the pictures you offered, the drone might be damaged in the shipping, we're sorry about this and would like arrange return for double check and confirm. Please PM me your case number once you got the latest one, I will keep follow up for you. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
CAS-822365-V1K2Z2-1.jpg
CAS-822365-V1K2Z2-2.jpg
2017-10-23
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-23 20:10
Sorry for the late response first. I have checked the previous case, the drone was repaired and worked well at that time, and the local team arranged return at 8th Sep. I will attach the pictures before shipping for your reference. But from the pictures you offered, the drone might be damaged in the shipping, we're sorry about this and would like arrange return for double check and confirm. Please PM me your case number once you got the latest one, I will keep follow up for you. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.

I talked to a tech with Case Management and she said she would send another shipping label. That was three days ago. So far, nothing.
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-25 13:12
I talked to a tech with Case Management and she said she would send another shipping label. That was three days ago. So far, nothing.

Could you please provide me with the most recent case number so I can look into that?
2017-10-25
Use props
fansfe378d62
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-25 13:35
Could you please provide me with the most recent case number so I can look into that?

CAS-822365-V1K2Z2
This case number is from the last trip. I've heard nothing back on a case number for this incident. She was supposed to email it to me but I've not seen anything about it.
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansfe378d62 Posted at 2017-10-25 17:51
CAS-822365-V1K2Z2
This case number is from the last trip. I've heard nothing back on a case number for this incident. She was supposed to email it to me but I've not seen anything about it.

Noted with thanks! I have forwarded this to the designated team and they will resend you the shipping label, please check later.
2017-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules