Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WIFI vs OTG
2327 11 2017-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanGillian
lvl.3
United States

Dronies....please advise if any have this issue:  Keep losing connection from DJI Go App to Drone, RC and Spark connected (the little green light tell me so), and connected DJI Go App all clear, but once I go inside the app, no pic and back out to app and it is not connected and connected and not connected (intermittently); but hook up the OTG to lightning port work fine.

I don't want to use OTG but Wifi connected between Iphone 7+ with latest software isn't working very well with Spark and RC
2017-10-16
Use props
Kirbz252
First Officer
Flight distance : 360138 ft
Australia

I'm looking to purchase an OTG cable myself, albeit being non-supported by DJI. The RC to iPhone connection running at 5.8GHz has plenty of image artifacts and "Aircraft Disconnected" issues. No doubt this will get better in future with firmware updates, but I'd also be interested to hear the opinions of more experienced pilots.
2017-10-16
Use props
Blue17
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56010 ft
Germany

Same issue here on android. Since last app update the connection when fyling with the RC keeps connecting and disconnecting. I even had the app saying "disconnected" while being able to control the drone, not seeing any video transmission.
2017-10-16
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Apparently using otg reduces the distance and height, i believe 100 meter and 50 meters. Its best to use wifi now as otg cable makes no sense anymore. Maybe change channel to 2.4 ghz works much better, at least it did for me
2017-10-16
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Captain
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-10-16 22:13
Apparently using otg reduces the distance and height, i believe 100 meter and 50 meters. Its best to use wifi now as otg cable makes no sense anymore. Maybe change channel to 2.4 ghz works much better, at least it did for me

I have had my Spark for 3 months now and have used OTG every time I fly it. More stable connection, reduced lag etc. Latest version of DJI GO 04 and firmware 0.600. Nexus 7 android tablet.  
Last time out, flew up to 400ft at about 350 ft distance. Never had a sincle problem with OTG.
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please ensure that both your AC and RC are in the latest version. You can try to reset the wifi and see if it can works better.
2017-10-16
Use props
droneburger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55807 ft
France

I went with OTG straight off the bat. I'm not messing about with WiFi between controller and phone.

It just works and I like that!
2017-10-16
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

i use otg with my dji goggles so why not with my iPad?

both devices do the same thing.
2017-10-18
Use props
Micato
Captain
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

I love OTG and I fly like that from the start. I have tried wi-fi few times but it allways came out poor. OTG also has "issues" but for me it is better way to fly.

I use Ipad mini2 not an Android device (I gave 150$ just to have a clear picture without lags and I use it only on the SPARK) . Androids have video lags, I have tried a few but not the latest ones.

For me, it is an OTG !!!

BTW. I am in Croatia, Eastern Europe and 5.8GHz for me is better than 2.4GHz. I fly around 200 meters without problems.
Hope it helps.  
2017-10-18
Use props
Micato
Captain
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

OTG rules!
2017-10-18
Use props
Lyons90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

DJI Elektra, (or another DJI staff) could you please confirm if use of OTG will void the Care refresh policy?
A thread I was just reading on here seems to suggest it will, but not entirely clear.
2017-10-18
Use props
Joepub1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 557818 ft
United States

Micato Posted at 2017-10-18 11:30
I love OTG and I fly like that from the start. I have tried wi-fi few times but it allways came out poor. OTG also has "issues" but for me it is better way to fly.

I use Ipad mini2 not an Android device (I gave 150$ just to have a clear picture without lags and I use it only on the SPARK) . Androids have video lags, I have tried a few but not the latest ones.

There are video issues with the spark in both android and ios when using wifi. After fighting with an LTExl and a Samsung Tab A, I've added a a Ipad mini 4 to the mix and the video was bad without using OTG. That's testing with both the IOS and Android versions of Go4, with at least one device approved on their list. Maybe the .700 firmware upgrade will help. Maybe we'll get it by christmas. Maybe I'll just use the Litchi app. I don't really know.

On a positive note, the Mini 4 and IOS rocks on the Mavic Pro. Now that was fun.....
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules