iPad Mini or Iphone 6sPlus
2180 15 2017-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hanktheyank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15528 ft
United Kingdom

I hope readers dont concider me as a plonker for asking this question.
Was a P4 user. As a newbe on Inspire, im curious what devices people use with their Inspire 1 V2. (With latest fireware.)
Ive got both an iPhone 6s Plus and an Ipad mini. Both with latest updates.
Ive found that what people describe as video latency occures with the Ipad Mini.  It does not occure with the Iphone 6sPlus. This didnt occur with the P4.
Has anyone else experienced this latency with the Ipad and have you elliminated it ?

Thanks everyone
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What is the model of your iPad mini? I would personally prefer iPhone 6S plus, please close other programs in the background when you fly to avoid CPU overloaded.
2017-10-17
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You need at least and A9 processor on the apple devices . An A10 is even better.  I use an I pad Pro with GPS and Cell with 128 gig and have Flawless video transmission.  

donnie
2017-10-17
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Mini 4  128 GB with Wi-Fi and cellular. Perfect size. An iPad is to large and bulky and a Phone is a bit to small. There is a lot going on in the "GO" App.
2017-10-17
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-10-17 04:48
I use the Mini 4  128 GB with Wi-Fi and cellular. Perfect size. An iPad is to large and bulky and a Phone is a bit to small. There is a lot going on in the "GO" App.

Apparently, you are running Mini4 without any issue. what is your FW, RC version? A lot of people here with mini4 has various problems with transmission, overheating issues.
2017-10-17
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-10-17 13:10
Apparently, you are running Mini4 without any issue. what is your FW, RC version? A lot of people here with mini4 has various problems with transmission, overheating issues.

FW and RC the latest. I have not had any heat issues with the Mini 4 and I have found this issue or should I say circumstance. In using a Phantom if you stay on station for a while in warm weather a video transmission will flicker due to heat buildup of around 125-128 degrees in the battery compartment and really gets bad as the battery voltage drops Under these circumstances I have lost video with the P4 pro 10 feet away from the RC. If I keep the P4P moving and air circulating through the vents there is no issue at all. I have not had a chance to try this yet with an Inspire 2 and due to the open architecture I don't think it will be an issue. The Mini 4 does get warm and there may be an issue with a long period of time but there is cooling unit on the market that Aircraft Pilots use to keep the iPad cool. Unfortunately the iPhone has a problem as well. The iPhone monitors its internal temp. and will shut down at a set temp. I have had this happen to mine a couple of times when the phone was in sunlight in the car on a warm day. I still stand by the Mini 4 as the ideal screen size and quality of that display. I understand that the Crystal Sky is a great display in sunlight, brighter than the Mini 4 but the problem there, for me anyway is that you cannot use any third party Apps for things such as Mapping, which I do a lot of.
Hope this helps
2017-10-18
Use props
hanktheyank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-17 00:42
What is the model of your iPad mini? I would personally prefer iPhone 6S plus, please close other programs in the background when you fly to avoid CPU overloaded.

Ipad Mini 2    Model MGNV2LL/A.......IOS 11.03 (15A432)   Even with All other programs closed I get video dropout.

What are your thoughts. ?

Thanks.
2017-10-23
Use props
hanktheyank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-17 00:42

Ipad Mini 2    Model MGNV2LL/A.......IOS 11.03 (15A432)   Even with All other programs closed I get video dropout.

Thanks.
2017-10-23
Use props
hanktheyank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks.
2017-10-23
Use props
hanktheyank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks.
2017-10-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hanktheyank Posted at 2017-10-23 03:14

You need the I pad Mini 4 at minimum to work properly ( from what I have heard ). anything below the Mini i4 does not have a fast  enough processor. I use and apple I pad pro with GPS and Cell with 128 gig and have flawless reception .

I hate to answer some of these type of questions because I understand that many of the Pat go app devices worked fine but as the encryption on the RC to AC has become more complicated it puts a HUGE load on the Go app processor and the dropouts occur.

So best of luck , If you are doing more than just recreational flying you will need a I pad with A A9 or A10 processor or you can expect the video dropouts.

donnie
2017-10-23
Use props
hanktheyank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-23 04:37
You need the I pad Mini 4 at minimum to work properly ( from what I have heard ). anything below the Mini i4 does not have a fast  enough processor. I use and apple I pad pro with GPS and Cell with 128 gig and have flawless reception .

I hate to answer some of these type of questions because I understand that many of the Pat go app devices worked fine but as the encryption on the RC to AC has become more complicated it puts a HUGE load on the Go app processor and the dropouts occur.

Thanks Donnie. Your comment makes sense to me... Many thanks
John
2017-10-24
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hanktheyank Posted at 2017-10-24 05:03
Thanks Donnie. Your comment makes sense to me... Many thanks
John

Sure , anytime.

donnie
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

hanktheyank Posted at 2017-10-23 03:13

I'm sorry for the  late response because of long vacation.
But I agree with Donnie, I don't suggest iPad mini 2 since the processor and decoding ability are not enough for new aircraft.

2017-10-27
Use props
hanktheyank
lvl.1
United Kingdom

In the end I purchased an Ipad Air 2.       What a difference. Perfect . Thanks for the advice folks.
2017-10-31
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hanktheyank Posted at 2017-10-31 09:08
In the end I purchased an Ipad Air 2.       What a difference. Perfect . Thanks for the advice folks.

I tell members all the time to upgrade their go app device if having video dropout and all I get is arguments.  I can point a horse in the right direction for relief of thirst but if they don't drink that is their problem .........the old saying goes something like that anyway....... ( kidding , I know how it goes )

Glad you solved the issue , now if the other members would stop calling me "Insane " , Idiot " don't know what I am talking about "  maybe  they would have perfect video  like you and I have .

Sorry to vent , just gets old trying to help and get kicked in the nuts.

donnie
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules