Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thumb controller will bind but is unresponsive - any ideas?
1044 6 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moving_glass
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I purchased a used Ronin a couple of months ago which came with a thumb controller. Since owning the Ronin I haven't been able to get it to work.

It binds to the Ronin no problem, both the LED's on the thumb controller and receiver glow solid green, but when I move the joystick at all, the Ronin does not react to the requested movements. I have tried re-binding it to no avail, plugging the receiver cable into a different port on the receiver etc....

The Ronin IMU is on 3.0

The receiver is on 1.0

Radio receiver is on 1.0.0.6

And the thumb controller is on 1.1 (according to the DJI app on my Mac), although in the 'about' section on the thumb controller itself it seems to think it's on 1.0

If anyone has had a similar experience or has any ideas on what I coud do to fix it, I would be eternally grateful!
2017-10-17
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.1
Spain

A response from someone would be greatly appreciated to try and help me diagnose the issue. Thanks!
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Moving_glass Posted at 2018-3-7 11:48
A response from someone would be greatly appreciated to try and help me diagnose the issue. Thanks!

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Can you send me a personal message and advise on what you are experiencing? If you like, you can also provide a video as well.
2018-3-14
Use props
Dragon
lvl.3

Colombia

Hi, I have the same problem now. Did you resolve the problem?
2018-4-18
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.1

Dragon Posted at 2018-4-18 12:31
Hi, I have the same problem now. Did you resolve the problem?

Unfortunately not, I’ve explained the problem many times to no avail. I’m hoping at some point I can try mine with someone else’s receiver and also try their thumb controller with my receiver, to try and pinpoint the cause of the problem.

Are you on the same firmware as me?
2018-4-18
Use props
proimages
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

my thumb controller, RC, batteries and Ronin had to be replaced after the firmware update killed everything..My replaced battery has died and now DJI says they have to be used regular or they die..except I don't use the Ronin regular cause its mostly not worked correctly..can't sit on a jib arm for 6 hours as promised..Ronin has been nothing but a headache.
2018-4-19
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.1

The lack of response and support on this issue is absolutely disgusting. DJI - you really need to sort out your customer service and product support, it is absolutely pivotal and you are failing hugely at providing the service you should be for 'professional' products.

As a result, I'm steering clear of the DJI Focus and buying a Nucleus, and I'll be boycotting my Ronin as soon as I can afford to upgrade to a Movi Pro. Why anyone would shell out a similar amount of money for a Ronin 2 with the awful customer service that comes attached, I will never understand why.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules