My new iPhone 8+ won't work with DJI go 4 app
4184 28 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squeaky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 885440 ft
Australia

So i upgraded to a new iphone 8 + from a 6 + and now the DJI go app wont connect to my mavic? it makes all the right sounds etc but the ENTER FLIGHT doesn't light up blue etc iv deleted and reinstalled the app but still no go. put iphone 6+ back and works fine. Please help.....
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to restart the phone, or refresh the mobile device's system via iTunes to see if it gets back to work.
2017-10-17
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-17 03:07
Please try to restart the phone, or refresh the mobile device's system via iTunes to see if it gets back to work.

Yeah i have done that but still no good. i feel it might be because I'm running iOS 11.1 (Beta) on my iPhone 8Plus. Well i Hope so anyway?
2017-10-17
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to know - think I'll hold off on the upgrade!
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Squeaky Posted at 2017-10-17 10:46
Yeah i have done that but still no good. i feel it might be because I'm running iOS 11.1 (Beta) on my iPhone 8Plus. Well i Hope so anyway?

I do hear some of the users can't connect DJI GO 4 with iOS11 lately. If steps above didn't help, could you please help to provide some info needed so I can forward to our engineers to do the further investigation?

On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.

Connect to iTunes and click “Sync”. (The backup and synchronization steps can be skipped while diagnostics cannot.)

For Mac, go to ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/.
For Windows, go to C:\Users\[Your_User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\.

Open the “Device’s Name” (“XXX’s iPhone”) folder and check whether there is a crash file of which the name starts with “accessory” or “iap”. If yes, please upload the files to Dropbox and provide me with the link. Thank you so much.
2017-10-17
Use props
joesammirato
New
Flight distance : 86742 ft
United States

I have a similar problem with the DJI GO 4 app and my Mavic. Installed the app on my new iPhone 8+ and no joy connecting with the aircraft. The controller is working fine and certain functions of the app are working such as the GPS link. I followed your thread instructions and 1) there is no C1 option; 2) no problem with iTunes; 3) no logged file in the CrashReporter folder with "accessory" or "iap" in name. After texting back and forth this morning with DJI live support, they were unaware that the App Store compatibility list for the DJI GO 4 app does list the iPhone 8 and 8+. I am also running the beta 11.1 iOS version. Also, the app ran fine on my iPhone 7+ with no issues.
2017-10-18
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-17 23:27
I do hear some of the users can't connect DJI GO 4 with iOS11 lately. If steps above didn't help, could you please help to provide some info needed so I can forward to our engineers to do the further investigation?

On the iOS 11 mobile device, go to “Settings”, “General”, and “About”, and check whether there is a “C1” option.

I have the same comment as joesammirato? nothing in the logs and no C1 etc. I'm thinking its to do with iPhone 8Plus and DJI Go 4 App
2017-10-18
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1447884 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not been able to fly my new Mavic Pro Platinum yet.
I have noticed that my iPhone 7+ won't connect unless I do this:
I have to start the DJI Go 4 App First.  Then start the Controller, then start the MP Platinum.
Any other sequence, the phone won't connect.
2017-10-18
Use props
0DAY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458238 ft
United States

UPTGrad Posted at 2017-10-18 14:46
I have to start the DJI Go 4 App First.  Then start the Controller, then start the MP Platinum.

I just got an IPhone 8 plus and the DJI GO app does not work properly. It either crashes, runs for a few minutes, or goes IMMEDIATELY into full video mode and I am not able to see or get any control of the Mavic Pro.  Please help!
2017-10-18
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2
Australia

UPTGrad Posted at 2017-10-18 14:46

Tried that. and nope no luck for me
2017-10-18
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Isnt there an ios 11.2 beta? I heard it works with that
2017-10-18
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Thor. The DJI GO4 app dosn't crash so no crash report? No C1 option either on my iPhone 8 plus? The app loads fine and the controller makes that connection noise it dose to notify that the iPhone is connected. However the (Enter Device) does not go blue like its  supposed to. When you enter it the screen is just black with no stats etc. (as if the Device is not connected. Connect my iPhone 6 Plus and all works fine which may i add is also running IOS 11.02.
2017-10-18
Use props
joesammirato
New
Flight distance : 86742 ft
United States

Read my post, what iOS version are you using? Your problem my solve itself with the next High Sierra release.
2017-10-18
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2
Australia

joesammirato Posted at 2017-10-18 17:55
Read my post, what iOS version are you using? Your problem my solve itself with the next High Sierra release.

So updated to the ne IOS 11.2 today on my iphone 8+ and now it works fine. Took it for a short test flight with no problems whatsoever.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Squeaky Posted at 2017-10-18 14:25
I have the same comment as joesammirato? nothing in the logs and no C1 etc. I'm thinking its to do with iPhone 8Plus and DJI Go 4 App

This issue might cause by iOS 11. And I learned that your phone connected to the drone and works well now. Good to hear that.
2017-10-18
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

Squeaky Posted at 2017-10-18 20:57
So updated to the ne IOS 11.2 today on my iphone 8+ and now it works fine. Took it for a short test flight with no problems whatsoever.

can you send the link to 11.2?
2017-10-27
Use props
fansc0544422
New
United States

iOS 11.1 is not compatible with dji go app quite yet. hopefully that will be fixed soon
2017-10-28
Use props
fansc0544422
New
United States

iOS 11.1 is not compatible with dji go app quite yet. hopefully that will be fixed soon!
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansc0544422 Posted at 2017-10-28 20:01
iOS 11.1 is not compatible with dji go app quite yet. hopefully that will be fixed soon!

Deleting the program together with deleting all folders and files associated with DJI via file manager, then reinstall the APP, see if it works.
2017-10-29
Use props
RonMargan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160896 ft
Israel

same problem here.... iPhone 7+ iOS 11.1 public beta 4
havn't fly my drone in 3 weeks!!
nice going DJI with supporting new iOS.
2017-10-30
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

2017-11-3
Use props
erikThureson
lvl.2
United States

Squeaky Posted at 2017-10-18 20:57

I just installed 11.2 yesterday and still nothing . . .
2017-11-3
Use props
fanse3f97986
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2386772 ft
Australia

Hi sorry, don’t mean to butt in here but I’m having an issue with my mavic  not connecting to my iPhone X,  the controller connects to my mavic And the controller connects to the phone and the app works on the phone UNTIL I turn the mavic on.  When I turn the mavic on, the screen freezes, I can see live view through the camera and the controls for the camera are on the phone screen but no other ‘buttons’ show and those that are there are NOT active, then the app collapses. I’ve connected up my iPad and it works also a 6s and it works but not with my X. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, linked it again, done a cache clearance and even factory reset my phone. HELP!!!!! Please!,,
2017-11-3
Use props
Amystevenson23
New
United States

fanse3f97986 Posted at 2017-11-3 18:23
Hi sorry, don’t mean to butt in here but I’m having an issue with my mavic  not connecting to my iPhone X,  the controller connects to my mavic And the controller connects to the phone and the app works on the phone UNTIL I turn the mavic on.  When I turn the mavic on, the screen freezes, I can see live view through the camera and the controls for the camera are on the phone screen but no other ‘buttons’ show and those that are there are NOT active, then the app collapses. I’ve connected up my iPad and it works also a 6s and it works but not with my X. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, linked it again, done a cache clearance and even factory reset my phone. HELP!!!!! Please!,,

I'm having the same exact issues with my iPhone X
2017-11-7
Use props
Cfadave
New
United States

Same exact issues with my iphone 7+ Sucks!
2017-11-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fanse3f97986 Posted at 2017-11-3 18:23

Hi, this case had reported to the engineers and they are working on it, will do the best to get it resolved soon, please wait for the update. For now, if it is convenient, please use another mobile device temporarily.
2017-11-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, please refer to my issue above. Really sorry for the inconvenience, please kindly wait for the update.
2017-11-8
Use props
fans34670e4d
New
United Kingdom

Hello there, I know this is a slightly old thread but i’m STILL having problems.. I also get the error “C2: Device is not supported” when connecting my IPhone 8+ to Mavic Pro. Works fine with iPhone 5S.
2018-1-21
Use props
seanathon
lvl.1
United States

I just got a mavic pro and am having the issue of it not connecting to my iphone 6s plus via wired connection. I have latest firmware on MP, RC, and phone, and ios is up to date. I can connect phone via wifi and fly without rc. I can also use my ipad that i have never updated, while plugged into RC. When using ipad, I can see the C2 option. When plugged into 6s plus, there is no c2 option. the list ends with SEID.

I have rebooted phone. I have restarted app. i have deleted app, restarted phone, redownloaded app. I have redownloaded without rebooting. I have redownloaded, then rebooted. Is there something I'm missing. I just want to use the phone and the RC together. Thank anyone who can help.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules