3713 54 2015-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

DJI Staff, this thread should be made into a sticky -

Like the title says, no question too stupid so ask away -
(this is ALOT better than guys starting NEW threads because of 1 quick, stupid question they have) -

I'll go first ..........................................

When I took my camera out of it's box for inspection before mounting it, I noticed little white blobs of paint splattered on the white painted surface.
Is this "over spray" from a clogged/dirty gun, or are all the cameras like this?

Bob
2015-4-8
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Both my cameras have white blobs on them. so I'd say normal.

My question. Why is video signal strength reduced with 2 controllers?  Just flew mine on a custom channel and the strength was fine with one remote but when I added the second controller the "weak Signal strength" warning came on constantly.
2015-4-8
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-9 18:38
Bob my camera has white blobs too (speckles)

My question. Can you get rid of "Trust this device" wh ...

That's a good question. Look forward to an answer.

White blobs on paint finish is normal. Its the  'cool' look  
2015-4-9
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-9 02:55
Both my cameras have white blobs on them. so I'd say normal.

My question. Why is video signal stre ...

Hope you don't mind me asking but out of interest, but how close were the two transmitters and why a 'custom channel? I fly a lot of 2.4 and 5.6 gear and as yet not had a problem with the Inspire finding the best channel. However I don't have two DJI Inspire Tx's.
2015-4-9
Use props
drklion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2712825 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well it looks like the first question was answered about the speckles on the camera, yes they are normal.  

My question is has any one else think that the new props (quick release) are louder then the originals?  My vote is that they are.

2015-4-9
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

{:2_32:}
Good one Bob!
Please allow me to answer to your question: DJI has not replaced the clogged / dirty gun after spraying your camera, thus all of them are the same.
This is my first double-question (be sure will have many in this thread):
Where is the compass located on the I1 or other electronics that might be affected by a magnetic field and how far away from them a 10 mm diameter, 3 mm height neodymium magnet should be kept even when these electronics are NOT powered?
2015-4-9
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Is it safe to take an ex lax and a sleeping pill in the same night?
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-4-9 21:32
Is it safe to take an ex lax and a sleeping pill in the same night?

Only if you're wearing rubber underpants - lol

So seriously, what length cords are you guys buying for your Ipad Air's?

Bob -
2015-4-9
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-9 19:26
Hope you don't mind me asking but out of interest, but how close were the two transmitters and why ...

I was getting constant dropouts and lost signal in auto... After choosing a custom channel the week signal warnings went away until I hooked up the second controller. I have both units sitting side by side so I can control both during testing... As soon as I got about 400' away the red weak signal starts flashing and signal gets choppy....
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-9 18:38
My question. Can you get rid of "Trust this device" when connecting the iPad to the controller???

Dig into your settings and uncheck "Always Ask"

thx for the tip about the cord, now if I can only find white

Bob -
2015-4-9
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-9 23:28
I was getting constant dropouts and lost signal in auto... After choosing a custom channel the wee ...

That doesn't sound right to me mate. Pop the question to DJI support and post their reply here. Ta
2015-4-9
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I see where P3 is going to get youTube stream capability. Is this coming soon for the Inspire?
2015-4-9
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

Are the DJI folks being abnormally quiet in the forum since the release of the P3, or is it just me?
2015-4-9
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-4-10 03:45
Are the DJI folks being abnormally quiet in the forum since the release of the P3, or is it just me?

Just to avoid any further confusion about this forum... DJI does not look at this forum. They simply put it here for us to talk amongst ourselves. There are a couple of "admin" folks on the forum but officially DJI does not support or gain anything from it. This is based on a conversation I had with support. Seems ridiculous that they would have it attached to their main site and still ignore it but that is the truth of it.... and yes the admins are steadily answering posts on the p3 forum.
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

What is the highest wind speed that you guys have flown in?

Bob
2015-4-10
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I have arround 5m/s outside right now ...
So ... if I turn on atti  ... And not moving any sticks ... Would that bird be drifting in a speed of 5m/s !?

2015-4-10
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 21:36
Only if you're wearing rubber underpants - lol

So seriously, what length cords are you guys  ...

12 to 13 inches.
2015-4-10
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-11 01:21
only if it drops out of GPS and your wearing rubber panties

Hey ... Are stupid answers really allowd !?
2015-4-10
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-10 03:52
Just to avoid any further confusion about this forum... DJI does not look at this forum. They simpl ...

We do support this forum, it is just we are way understaffed, and the respond will take a bit longer. And the admins are DJI employees.
2015-4-10
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2015-4-11 01:35
We do support this forum, it is just we are way understaffed, and the respond will take a bit long ...

Well thanks for clearing that up... Seems the left hand should learn to communicate with the right hand... way to much misinformation being spread around from different departments within DJI. I am not trying to be confrontational, it is just very hard as a customer to trust a company that can't seem to get things together in house...This forum is littered with posts of unsatisfied customers and it all centers on customer service. THIS would be a great place to start in your staffing endeavors.
2015-4-10
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Allow me to answer the questions together

1. The "blob" on the camera is not a defect or flaw, we purposely put that texture on the shell
2. The reduced signal strength when using dual TX is abnormal, did you try auto when using two TX?
3. Compass is located at the nose of the craft
4. It is not safe to take ex lax together with sleeping pill, unless you sleep on toilet (joke)
5. Eventually P3 and I1 will share the same app, so yes, streaming will be available for I1 too
6. In ATTI mode, yes, the craft will be drifting along with the wind when there is no GPS, but not exactly to the wind speed, a gust could trigger the IMU to sense the sudden move and make adjust movement
2015-4-10
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2015-4-11 01:48

1. The "blob" on the camera is not a defect or flaw, we p ...

AWESOME! thank you for joining the conversation!
2015-4-10
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2015-4-11 01:48

1. The "blob" on the camera is not a defect or flaw, we p ...

"2. The reduced signal strength when using dual TX is abnormal, did you try auto when using two TX?"

I have tried it using auto and manual channel selection. It is totally unusable in auto mode even with one tx... Single tx works great with custom channel but adding the second tx gives me weak signal at about 400ft and beyond... using iPad air and iPhone 6+ in airplane mode...
2015-4-10
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-11 02:00
"2. The reduced signal strength when using dual TX is abnormal, did you try auto when using two TX ...

do you see a lot interference on most of the channels?
2015-4-10
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-11 02:00
now thats more like it
can you tell us when the firmware will be available as i for one a ...

the beta test of FW is still going on, once we have enough data point to show the FW is stable, we will release it.

for the battery drop, did you fully charged till all LEDs turned off? That will allow the battery to learn its full capacity, to avoid the sudden drop which is due to false detect of its capacity.
2015-4-10
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2015-4-11 02:04
do you see a lot interference on most of the channels?

there is a lot of red jumping lines if that is what you mean... usually I can only find one or 2 green lines... reguardless of where I am flying... most of the lines jump from red to green constantly...
2015-4-10
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-11 02:10
yes fully charged and I've also flown them to near enough 50% for 6 flights, battery seems fine no ...

If the sudden drop happens again, contact customer service and send the flight log, they will take a look what is the problem, either hardware or firmware related.
2015-4-10
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Where's the CF sourced from? And Why dose it seem too break so easily? After all I thought it was meant to be strong. Some posts show severe damages from little fall.
2015-4-10
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

And how's the hang over from that pissup in Singapore lol?
2015-4-10
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2015-4-11 02:16
If the sudden drop happens again, contact customer service and send the flight log, they will take ...

Thx for coming by, its appreciated.
I have a question I cannot find the answer to, and Im going on a shoot tomorrow am so it would be nice to solve this.

No video slave controller.

I1 version A
Shield set to master, connects instantly to I1, video also perfect.
Air1 set as slave, entered password, 1234, connects but shows a purple solid light.
Slave controls gimbal as expected, pan left stick, tilt rt stick. Map shows fine but video screen is black, no connection.
Surely, (I hope) I am missing a setting.
I only have 1 flight on the I1, so it didn't "used to work, but now it doesn't". (never worked from setup).
The manual is confusing because of errors.
Is the "slave" getting the aircraft control signals from the master, and it's video signal from the I1?
I'm guessing my slave needs to be Blue, not Purple, (but blue is also color during updating)?

I'm ready to try anything though -

Bob
2015-4-10
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Ah!! I now know why my post keeps slipping down...I typed in the wron section lol.Sorry again Bob
Fixed
Again!

2015-4-11
Use props
genettico
lvl.3

United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-11 01:37
Holy Chit!!!! i just fainted

Hahahahaha!!
2015-4-11
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-11 17:18
I think they have left the building again (AKA ignoring us)
Maybe their GPS has screwed up and  ...

I'm not sure if all your comments are meant to chase the help away, but if you go back and read them all, none seem welcoming -

Bob
2015-4-11
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

You Tube or Vimeo ?????

Just took my first flight with camera on, where should I upload?
what are the Pro/Cons both you tube and vimeo

Bob
2015-4-11
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-12 09:35
You Tube or Vimeo ?????

Just took my first flight with camera on, where should I upload?

Never tried Vimeo upload, but I like on youtube the ability of uploading even 4K and not long after, their servers will down-sample for those that don't have good connection and want to watch the same video in 1080, 720, 480, 360...
After awhile, youtube allows uploads longer than 15 mins, as long as you don't break any rules (like uploading copyrighted movies).
Their real-time stats aren't too accurate but might be useful to give you an idea how fast your videos are picking up viewers.
Hope these help.
Regards,
Bogdan
2015-4-11
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-12 14:21
Never tried Vimeo upload, but I like on youtube the ability of uploading even 4K and not long afte ...

Thx for the reply, I might just open an account at both places -

Bob
2015-4-12
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

What is the meaning of your post ???
2015-4-12
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-12 23:11
Thx for the reply, I might just open an account at both places -

Bob

Yea get both... I personally prefer vimeo because there are no ads popping up all over the videos... Vimeo Is working on the 4K thing now.. As far as I know you can upload 4K to vimeo... not sure exactly where they are yet on the 4K conversions yet...
2015-4-12
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-12 23:50
What is the meaning of your post ???

My short reply is in response about my previous question...For which I replied....
Again!

to.

2015-4-11 17:18
Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-4-11 02:42
And how's the hang over from that pissup in Singapore lol?
I think they have left the building again (AKA ignoring us)
Maybe their GPS has screwed up and there lost? (AKA Flyaway)

by FicitiousPerso.

So sorry Bob it wont happen again I had no idea Again..was offensive to you And I apologize
2015-4-12
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-4-9 23:33
Bought 3 of these (1 spare):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371234734573?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&s ...

I bought the same, starting to wonder if a short non-coiled cord would have been better and less in the way sometimes.  I also think they are a bit loose at the connection points, hate to have one come loose while inflight.  
2015-4-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules