Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Calibration Stuck on 50%
12345Next >
21480 168 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Foomps
New
Canada

Just updated to the latest firmware today and tried to calibrate the gimbal. As soon as i start the calibration the gimbal motor starts making a loud whirring vibrating noise and the calibration gets stuck at 50%. I don't know if the issue is related to the firmware or if my gimbal needs repair since it's been a while since i calibraed my gimbal on a previous firmware and don't remember if it made a whirring noise before.

Does anyone else have this issue?
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you upload a short video of this issue and PM me your DJI account? I'd like to help you.
2017-10-17
Use props
fansa8a9f88c
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 04:16
Could you upload a short video of this issue and PM me your DJI account? I'd like to help you.

I have a similar issue, but I dont know enough to know if its really the same or not.  I just got a P4A+ and I'm having an IMU calibration error (ACC0 - good, ACC1 - Data Error) right out of the box, before having ever flown it.  I updated to the latest firmware, so I dont know  if thats the cause of the issue or not.  IMU calibration freezes   when using the DJI Go App, and it completes, but fails using Assistant 2.  

I cant tell if this is a firmware issue like others seem to be having, or if its a hardware issue, damage during shipping perhaps?
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Well received your message in PM. There is one beta firmware of P4A, it will be released at your DJI account. Please check and refresh the firmware to see whether the issue remains.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa8a9f88c Posted at 2017-10-17 08:23
I have a similar issue, but I dont know enough to know if its really the same or not.  I just got a P4A+ and I'm having an IMU calibration error (ACC0 - good, ACC1 - Data Error) right out of the box, before having ever flown it.  I updated to the latest firmware, so I dont know  if thats the cause of the issue or not.  IMU calibration freezes   when using the DJI Go App, and it completes, but fails using Assistant 2.  

I cant tell if this is a firmware issue like others seem to be having, or if its a hardware issue, damage during shipping perhaps?

Just to verify, the firmware update is successful, right? Please leave me your DJI Account, I would like to help you get the beta firmware and try again.
2017-10-17
Use props
Robbie
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 22:35
Just to verify, the firmware update is successful, right? Please leave me your DJI Account, I would like to help you get the beta firmware and try again.

Robbie.bethancourt@hotmail.com

Yes, every indication is that the Firmware update was successful.  There's a beta firmware?
2017-10-18
Use props
Fastdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41896 ft
Brazil

I have a similar issue, when I turno on the P4P. starts making a loud whirring vibrating noise, Gimbal Shacing and also when I start the calibration gets stuck at 50%. Can anyone already solve this kind of problem?
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Robbie Posted at 2017-10-18 06:42
Yes, every indication is that the Firmware update was successful.  There's a beta firmware?

Received with thanks! Yes, there is one beta firmware to fix the gimbal issue, and it is available in your DJI account now, please have a try. Should there is any further questions, please contact us.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fastdrone Posted at 2017-10-18 07:36
I have a similar issue, when I turno on the P4P. starts making a loud whirring vibrating noise, Gimbal Shacing and also when I start the calibration gets stuck at 50%. Can anyone already solve this kind of problem?

Please refer the above and PM me your DJI account, I'd like to help you.
2017-10-18
Use props
Geca
New
Flight distance : 40328 ft
Argentina

Hi all, I've just acquired a P4+ and same problem than described, loud whirring vibration noise and getting stuck at 50%. Can you please let me know what to do? or if this is any important problem?
2017-10-24
Use props
Dru10
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-18 23:08
Received with thanks! Yes, there is one beta firmware to fix the gimbal issue, and it is available in your DJI account now, please have a try. Should there is any further questions, please contact us.

hi dji susan. can u help me about my gimbal problem its a p4p. calibration stopa at 50% and its having whining sound.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Geca Posted at 2017-10-24 11:05
Hi all, I've just acquired a P4+ and same problem than described, loud whirring vibration noise and getting stuck at 50%. Can you please let me know what to do? or if this is any important problem?

Hey Geca, please kindly offer your DJI Account(the email address you login DJI GO), I'll help you get the beta.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dru10 Posted at 2017-12-3 21:19
hi dji susan. can u help me about my gimbal problem its a p4p. calibration stopa at 50% and its having whining sound.

Of course, please leave your DJI account here, I'll forward to the designated team to add you in.
2017-12-4
Use props
mokshkhurana
lvl.1
Canada

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem!
2017-12-7
Use props
retneprac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

I am having the exact same problem, and all of my video seems to shake. Very frustrating. My DJI Account is raycarpenter3@yahoo.com I have a shoot today at 4:00PM I don't know what I'm going to do.
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mokshkhurana Posted at 2017-12-7 19:01
Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem!

Please kindly leave your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO), I'll help you get the beta and try again.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

retneprac Posted at 2017-12-16 08:10
I am having the exact same problem, and all of my video seems to shake. Very frustrating. My DJI Account is  I have a shoot today at 4:00PM I don't know what I'm going to do.

Sir, it is a P4P, right? If yes, the beta will be available in your account soon, please check later.
2017-12-18
Use props
fans51f43f7a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10797 ft
Netherlands

I am having the same problem with my P4A. My account is mario@mariotoscani.com
2017-12-20
Use props
kevin738
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128602 ft
United States

Having same issue myself. Stuck at 50%.
2017-12-21
Use props
Frank Biganski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United States

Happened to me today.  I have latest firmware with a one month old P4P Advanced, and I have not updated my iOS software either.
I've shot video and photos a few times in the past just fine but today before flight, I calibrated IMU and compass with success (I read I should have done this when the P4P arrived). So after I calibrated IMU and compass today, I take it out for a flight and record some video, but it appeared the video was not level. It wasn't that noticible, off by maybe by 1%-2% if that.

So I get home and I perform an automatic gimbal calibration, and it freezes at 50%.  So I turn off the P4P and turn it back on about 4 hours later, and I notice the gimbal is limp with no movement.  

So I power down the P4P, bring it back inside, turn it on, and the stinking gimbal aligns itself up as it would normally do when the P4P is first turned on.  Then as I was typing this message, I see the gimbal begin to move around as if it were aligning itself.  I turned the P4P off, then back on, and the gimbal appears to be okay (I had an error on the RC screen which said "Cannot Take Off - Gimbal Calibrating.")  

Anyway, I just took it for a flight just now and it seems to be working fine but I'm afraid to try to align the gimbal again.  Perhaps I'll be brave and will try again in the monring - after I take my Part 107 test!

Frank

As a footnote, when I calibrated the IMU and compass, and retated the P4P, the gimbal was making some noise but the noise went away.
2018-1-31
Use props
fanse1045a41
New
Poland

The same problem, 50% stuck. Need help... p.malagowski@gmail.com
2018-2-14
Use props
Matp4a
New
Australia

Hi I just purchased a brand new P4A in Australia and the gimbal makes a loud whirring vibration type noise, I was told to recalibrate the gimbal, after updating everything I tried to calibrate the gimbal but once it gets to 50% it just freezes and eventually fails once the battery runs out. Please help me out I haven’t even used it yet?? My email address linked to my account is vyss300@hotmail.com
2018-2-15
Use props
fansa4554748
lvl.1
Flight distance : 671798 ft
Norway

My P4P is almost new, but my video is shaking, after taking imu - compass calibration, the gimbal calibration stucks at 50%
2018-2-27
Use props
rider7874
lvl.1
  • >>>
India

try updating callibration and drone firmware through dji assitant application on your windows pc
2018-2-28
Use props
Developer_Mode
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-18 18:45
Please kindly leave your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO), I'll help you get the beta and try again.

I have this problem, i need this version.
mi ID account is:

javihost@gmx.es

Thank you
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Developer_Mode Posted at 2018-3-17 17:51
I have this problem, i need this version.
mi ID account is:

Do you refer P4P, right? If yes, the latest official firmware has been released, please update to this version and check again: https://forum.dji.com/thread-139316-1-1.html
2018-3-20
Use props
Tatisanchezn
lvl.1
Paraguay

Hi Susan!. I have the same problem with my P4P. The gimball calibration stucks at 50%. Please help me!.

My ID is: Tatisanchezn

mail: aasancheznaumann@gmail.com
2018-5-1
Use props
lukasz.kownacki
New
Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 22:35

The same problem in P4A 50% stuck. Need help... lukasz.kownacki2@gmail.com
2018-5-1
Use props
PMWOne
New

Hi DJI Susan I also have the same issue and my account is pweiner1 at terpmail.umd.edu
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tatisanchezn Posted at 2018-5-1 07:44
Hi Susan!. I have the same problem with my P4P. The gimball calibration stucks at 50%. Please help me!.

My ID is: Tatisanchezn

Tatisanchezn, the issue has been fixed in the official firmware, please refer my reply in 26# and update to the latest version to see whether it works well. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

lukasz.kownacki Posted at 2018-5-1 10:34
The same problem in P4A 50% stuck. Need help...

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team and add you to the beta list.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PMWOne Posted at 2018-5-4 07:45
Hi DJI Susan I also have the same issue and my account is pweiner1 at terpmail.umd.edu

Hey there, the drone you use is P4P, not P4A, right? If yes, please update to the latest firmware as the issue has been fixed already. Thanks for your attention.
2018-5-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,

The gimbal calibration issue of P4P has been fixed in the official firmware, please update to V 01.05.0600 or later to check if the issue remains.
More details, please visit this link: https://forum.dji.com/thread-139316-1-1.html

As for the gimbal calibration of P4A, the beta firmware(V01.00.0800) will fix it. Also, this version will introduce the Pano shooting mode(with Android V4.2.8 or higher and IOS V4.2.12).
If you are interested in the beta firmware, please leave your DJI Account(the email address when you login DJI GO 4), we will collect and add you to the list regularly.

Thanks for your time and feedback.

2018-5-8
Use props
amell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26198 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Susan, I have p4A which will not complete gimbal calibration and makes vibration noise. Please can I have new firmware - thanks.
2018-5-9
Use props
Tatisanchezn
lvl.1
Paraguay

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 00:22
Tatisanchezn, the issue has been fixed in the official firmware, please refer my reply in 26# and update to the latest version to see whether it works well. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.

Tanks Susan for your answer!... I've already done the update, but I still have the same problem.

Once time the process stuck for a wile and then go on, but just once time...

I dont know what could be the problem.
2018-5-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

amell Posted at 2018-5-9 23:32
Hi Susan, I have p4A which will not complete gimbal calibration and makes vibration noise. Please can I have new firmware at  - thanks.

Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team to add you in. It is estimated to be ready around one working day, please check at that time.
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tatisanchezn Posted at 2018-5-10 22:35
Tanks Susan for your answer!... I've already done the update, but I still have the same problem.

Once time the process stuck for a wile and then go on, but just once time...

Thanks for getting back to us. May I know what's the current aircraft and controller firmware? Could you kindly offer the screenshot of About page the issue video for further assistance? Thanks in advance!
2018-5-15
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Hi, I have this very same issue in a week old Phantom 4 Advanced +, won't finish gimbal calibration and gets stuck at 50%, all the other parameters and calibrations seem to work just fine. Can you add me to the beta testers list please Susan? My account mail is

alvarolunab@gmail.com
2018-5-16
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99101 ft
Finland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-8 00:37
Hi All,

The gimbal calibration issue of P4P has been fixed in the official firmware, please update to V 01.05.0600 or later to check if the issue remains.

Niiiice.. An official P4P fix and only beta BS for P4A. DJI Go better not force me to update to this faulty new firmware.
2018-5-16
Use props
amell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26198 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-15 02:29
Received with thanks! I'll forward to the right team to add you in. It is estimated to be ready around one working day, please check at that time.

Much better now I have upgraded!. Liking the new pano modes, spherical, 180 and horiz/vertical. Fixed the gimbal calibration issue and the other loss of signal issue I was having on the other thread. Plan to fly it a few times later this week
2018-5-16
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules