Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Filming indoors
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansda4fe23f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314715 ft
United States

Good morning everyone,

I have the opportunity to take some video of a large piece of commercial packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment. I have no experience with my P3P indoors. I am curious what settings would be recommended for the most stable flight indoors with a 30 foot ceiling. the machine is about 28 feet long. This would be during machine operation over people (staged event) I have my part 107 and insurance. looking for recommendations.

Thanks,
Dave
2017-10-17
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Can't speak to camera sorry, but I would install prop guards.  They can assist with avoiding a crash if you bump something or someone.  IMO
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's dangerous to fly a P3P indoor as the drone may enter ATTI mode due to loss of GPS. In ATTI, the drone could not hover or brake, please kindly note and take care.
2017-10-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, the drone won't stop, like you have become used to, when it goes into ATTI mode.
You need to apply opposite stick movement, which will help.
But this has to be practiced well ahead, of your going into the factory, to learn the hard way.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-17
Use props
Paul Tomo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 607336 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 20:36
It's dangerous to fly a P3P indoor as the drone may enter ATTI mode due to loss of GPS. In ATTI, the drone could not hover or brake, please kindly note and take care.

Would this be the same if you flew the P3P in woods like I did.
2017-10-19
Use props
HighLife Imager
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314715 ft
United States

thanks for replies, this is not my only drone or first rodeo lol. I have many others that have no gps, so i understand how to fly without stability. I will figure it out on my own during test flights next week.
2017-10-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

quadpilot Posted at 2017-10-20 10:47
would the machines that are running effect the electronics in the drone
and send it crazy

No.         
2017-10-20
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-10-20 10:47
would the machines that are running effect the electronics in the drone
and send it crazy

What kind of machines?  Steel-lifting electromagnets?  Particle accelerators?  I think the devil is in the details here.  Just use some common sense and you're unlikely to run into problems.

If you wanted to be safe you could always try a test flight when no workers are around.  You should have plenty of opportunities for that, as factory workers don't seem to like actually doing work.
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Paul Tomo Posted at 2017-10-19 05:41
Would this be the same if you flew the P3P in woods like I did.

I'm not sure. It depends on GPS signal and quality. I don't think it is easy for me to fly in these conditions.
2017-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules