Mavic and the Curious Birds
775 5 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

These central Georgia birds were real curious. They start about 1 min in. No bird hits, landed safely...
2017-10-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

One tip I read when birds come towards your quad is to accelerate straight up.  That's the one direction that birds do not do well and provides a nice escape for you.
2017-10-17
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

That looks like swallows - they like to swarm and fly in circles around Mavic - that's their strategy for confusing an attacking bird.

I had a funny encounter with 2 geese this week-end when returning from a flight. They were slightly above my Mavic as it was catching up to them, so I rose to get them into view. As this was happening right above my head, I saw how one of the birds turned its head and gave a suspicious look at the copter, but continues to fly on its way. It that moment I stopped following them so as not to disturb the fowl It was qute difficult to judge relative altitude to them, while standing on the grown, and it was only later, when watching the footage, that I saw that I managed to get them into the frame.
geese.jpg
2017-10-17
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful scene. This reminded me of the classic "The Birds' movie by the legend Alfred Hitchcock.
2017-10-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice you did not get hit by one.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glad to know the drone landed safely. BTW, the scenery looks great!
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules