Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No live stream feature on my Osmo+ using Android
6356 14 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rshah921
First Officer
United States

Hello,

I clicked on my settings and on the bottom there should be a live stream button for facebook. Unfortunately I don't have that on mine. Anyone know how to get this?
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Android mobile device doesn't support live streaming,
Since the mobile phone connects to OSMO+ via wifi, so the wifi channel is occupied, Android device cannot invoke cellular data automatically,
Thus, live streaming is not available in Android APP.
2017-10-17
Use props
rshah921
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-17 20:18
Since the mobile phone connects to OSMO+ via wifi, so the wifi channel is occupied, Android device cannot invoke cellular data automatically,

It only works on an IOS? Doesn't IOS have the same wifi connectivity? How do they use use cellular data while connected?
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rshah921 Posted at 2017-10-18 07:33
It only works on an IOS? Doesn't IOS have the same wifi connectivity? How do they use use cellular data while connected?

Well, this is how iOS system works, it is better and more functional than Android system after all.
2017-10-19
Use props
rshah921
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-19 00:15
Well, this is how iOS system works, it is better and more functional than Android system after all.

What? Why would you say that it's better and more functional? Your job is to assist us with our questions, I don't think you should be voicing your opinion on why my android phone isn't as good as an IOS.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rshah921 Posted at 2017-10-19 07:20
What? Why would you say that it's better and more functional? Your job is to assist us with our questions, I don't think you should be voicing your opinion on why my android phone isn't as good as an IOS.

I apologize if I offend you, Android system is unable to run Wifi and cecullar data at the same time, we would like to help, but we are unable to change Android system, hope your kind understanding.
2017-10-19
Use props
Darrell UK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1551991 ft
United Kingdom

If I'm using my Osmo, with X5 and USB cable, can I then use FB live on Android, as I'm no longer using wifi?
2017-11-15
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-17 20:18

Not completely true... On Android you are able to have a Wi-Fi connection and celluar data at the same time, they call that "thetering". The only problem there is, is that we must be able to connect the SOMO+ to the phone, not the other way around...

DJI Developers maybe need to dig a little deeper in how Android works, maybe they can find a solution...
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mari Posted at 2018-1-1 13:34
Not completely true... On Android you are able to have a Wi-Fi connection and celluar data at the same time, they call that "thetering". The only problem there is, is that we must be able to connect the SOMO+ to the phone, not the other way around...

DJI Developers maybe need to dig a little deeper in how Android works, maybe they can find a solution...

Hello Mari, thanks for the explanation and suggestion, it is still a challenge in technical aspect, we will keep improving our device to make customers have a better experience.
Hope the live streaming will be available in Android device in the future.
2018-1-1
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

... sure it will be a challenge but maybe it is possible in the future... Would also be nice if an option for tracking objects could be implemented...
2018-1-2
Use props
Yusuf
lvl.1

Iraq

Full Name: yusuf riyadh shaker
Email address: Yusufalbaghdady93@gmail.com
Phone Number:9647714490779
Full Address: Baghdad - Madaen - near the school Zubair
Product: OSMO +
Fault Description: Click here to re-energize the dome, green light and the sound of a peephole
Date of Purchase: 7-1-2017
Dealer: Professional Photography Equipment

Hello
I'm Yusuf from Iraq - a cameraman
Use your products, including osmo +
But yesterday I worked automatic calibration and appeared to take the directions left and right and up and down and followed all the instructions on the sheep, including the position of the device vertical position and the surface of the straight and did not turn it off until completion - after the completion of the device work restart and surprised the emergence of a message on the screen in the mobile app Click here To activate the camera and turn off the camera did not appear filming with the presence of the sound of Bim intermittent and green light intermittent when the pressure and stop the work of the stick
Directions and conversion button for Salafi When the message is pressed, the head starts rotating and the standby mode returns as it was ..

I ask you to help me and identify the defect or action required - and today I searched for a maintenance center for your products in Iraq, specifically Baghdad, and I did not find - I hope you help me because I bought it two days ago

I will send you a picture of the message appearing on the screen from within the application with the video files of the two uploaded on YouTube and I will put links here ..

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

Attachment(s)
photo_2018-01-08_12-37-54 (2).jpg
2018-1-9
Use props
rshah921
First Officer
United States

Yusuf Posted at 2018-1-9 12:34
Full Name: yusuf riyadh shaker
Email address:
Phone Number:9647714490779

No one is going to see this here, create a new thread for this
2018-1-11
Use props
Mari
Captain
Netherlands

I already told him, also reported these posts to DJI admins... untill now they haven't noticed it probably...
2018-1-11
Use props
Lucas Argentina
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi mindy.
Could you tell me if I can broadcast with an android device connected to an osmo x5 through wired connection?
2018-5-11
Use props
Jonny Quest
New

United States

Old thread but has anyone figured out how to live stream using osmo+ using an android?   
2021-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules