Brand new drone already sent for repair.... really disappointed.
678 12 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse7859f4e
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bought a Mavic Pro a week or so ago and the camera never worked, in addition trying to upgrade the firmware was a nightmare.

After reading numerous forums and wasting hours trying to get it to work I have had to send it in for repair. You can imagine my complete disappointment in buying something that has hasnt worked!

I bought the DJI refresh whwne i first got it, but even then it will take 7 working days for them to look at it! Its taken 2 days for UPS to pick it up and deliver it (delivered yesterday morning) but hasnt even been touched yet. I have spoken to online chat who are extremnely polite but with every ask i made the answer was no... have to follow the process.

I have offered to pay extra (above what i paid for the refresh):

• fast tracking it
  • for them to pick it up today
  • to have it shipped express rather than standard

Answer to the above.. no have to follow the process.

Never experienced anything like this before with any other company, have to admit completly deflated and disappointed I am going away on the 25th to actually take the drone out... obviosuly thats no longer going to happen
2017-10-17
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

If your Mavic was new and bought from DJI or a DJI re-seller, you should get warranty repair.  Don't waste your DJI refresh.
2017-10-17
Use props
DiabloDrone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Griffith Posted at 2017-10-17 06:31
If your Mavic was new and bought from DJI or a DJI re-seller, you should get warranty repair.  Don't waste your DJI refresh.

Apparently the refresh is faster (7 working days compared to 10-15!)... irrespective it doesn't change how long it is going to take or even start looking at it.
2017-10-17
Use props
YouserName
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185892 ft
United Kingdom

Where did you buy it from? Weren't you able to take it back to the store?
2017-10-17
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

DiabloDrone Posted at 2017-10-17 06:39
Apparently the refresh is faster (7 working days compared to 10-15!)... irrespective it doesn't change how long it is going to take or even start looking at it.

Well, I prefer saving the refresh in case of a bad crash.  I won't be surprised if you still won't have your bird back in 2 weeks.
2017-10-17
Use props
Steve1503
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89104 ft
United States

I would think it will be a warranty repair if it was never flown, best of luck.
2017-10-17
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Dude take it back to the store or whatever online store you bought it from that's crazy especially if you have never flown it!
2017-10-17
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Take it back to the store and ask for refund. If you used credit card then file  CHARGE BACK and the let credit card company deal with them.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to read on your unfortunate experience, we could not check the case number according to your Forum account, would you please post the case number here?
If you didn't apply DJI Care Refresh Express when you filld in online repair form, sorry that we cannot proceed it for you.

If the drone has malfunction, we will replace it if it is within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving. We suggest to keep the DJI Care Refresh.
Case number is essential for further assistance, we will do our best to assist, thanks for your understanding.
2017-10-17
Use props
DiabloDrone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-17 18:16
We are sorry to read on your unfortunate experience, we could not check the case number according to your Forum account, would you please post the case number here?
If you didn't apply DJI Care Refresh Express when you filld in online repair form, sorry that we cannot proceed it for you.

DJI Mindy

CAS-1084603-P6K7Y5       

The drone was signed for Monday morning by DJI, tracking still says waiting to be received. I applied the dji refresh just to get the drone back quicker, this doesn’t seem to be the case as it hasn’t even been touched yet!

Tried calling 4 times yesterday for an update (uk Number) it just drops off as no one picks up, in addition to the Online Chat, who basically said they can’t do anything and I just have to wait.

2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DiabloDrone Posted at 2017-10-17 20:51
DJI Mindy

CAS-1084603-P6K7Y5       

It usually takes several working days to register the package in our system. I will contact local team to speed up the progress if you are urgent.
Do you still insist to use DJI Care Refresh directly? Since if the drone has malfunction after damage assessment, it will be covered by warranty. It is a pity to waste DJI Care Refresh.
2017-10-17
Use props
DiabloDrone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-17 22:08
It usually takes 1-5 working day to register the package in our system. I will contact local team to speed up the progress if you are urgent.
Do you still insist to use DJI Care Refresh directly? Since if the drone has malfunction after damage assessment, it will be covered by warranty. It is a pity to waste DJI Care Refresh.

Hi

Thank you for the fast response, I am going away on the 25th October I want the drone for the trip so whatever is faster the warranty or DJI refresh, in addition happy to pay the difference tonhave it expressed Back rather than standard.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DiabloDrone Posted at 2017-10-17 22:59
Hi

Thank you for the fast response, I am going away on the 25th October I want the drone for the trip so whatever is faster the warranty or DJI refresh, in addition happy to pay the difference tonhave it expressed Back rather than standard.

I have transferred your request to local repair team, we will do our best to assist, but we are unable to guarantee the drone will definitely arrive before 25th, October since the time is too rush and there is weekend including.
But we will try our best to expedite, hope you will receive it in time.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules