Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X3 camera out of focus
2039 9 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhotogJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4941 ft
United States

Is there any way to focus the X3 camera? I recently purchased a drone from a friend and the X3 is out of focus. He only flew it a couple times and never crashed it, so it is in mint condition. He said he did not have a focus issue but I am not sure if he knows for sure.
I could not find a focus function and read that the focus is fixed. I even tried removing the filter and still it is soft. I compared it to the Hero 3+ from my phantom 2 and the gopro is sharper. Any help would be great.
Do I send the camera into DJI to have it worked on?
I attached the image but to see the blur you have to zoom in a bit. It is obvious when you zoom to 66% in Photoshop.

-Mark

With X3...

With X3...

with the Hero 3+

with the Hero 3+
2017-10-17
Use props
PhotogJ
lvl.1
United States

This is a better example.

Focus issue

Focus issue
2017-10-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

In the first photo, the right side appears sharper than the left side.  This seems typical of DJI products that have a tilted sensor due to poor Q.C. checks.  I've run into this issue with two of four of their cameras and even their higher priced X5S camera as well.  I read elsewhere where the major DSLR makers allow no more than +/-0.001" tilt from sensor to lens mount, but DJI sometimes takes 0.005" to fix.  Not much you can do other than get it fixed or replace it.  Good luck.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PhotogJ, the photos you uploaded here were compressed.
Would you please post several original pictures including JPEG and DNG to Dropbox and post the link here for further analysis?
Besides, what is the firmware version of your X3 camera?
2017-10-17
Use props
PhotogJ
lvl.1
United States

Yes, thanks for the reply.

Here are the versions.

App Version 3.1.15
Aircraft Version 1.11.01.50+
Remote Controller Version 1.7.80
Camera Version 1.10.01.40

I upload six dngs and jpgs files to a folder in Dropbox and here is the link, http://bit.ly/2zyhyKv (it's a shortened Dropbox link or you can go via this one, https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w41j6 ... Ig93c3xNrekhia?dl=0)

One that is the most easily noticed is DJI_0067.DNG or .JPG. There is a definite shift in sharpness from the right to the left especially when you zoom to 50 percent.

Thanks for any and all help I can get.

-Mark

2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PhotogJ Posted at 2017-10-18 05:11
Yes, thanks for the reply.

Here are the versions.

It seems the left side is out of focus in every picture, we are confirming with our engineers, will keep you update shortly. Thanks.
2017-10-18
Use props
PhotogJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-18 23:58
It seems the left side is out of focus in every picture, we are confirming with our engineers, will keep you update shortly. Thanks.

what should I do about this? I really need to get this corrected.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PhotogJ Posted at 2017-10-20 13:33
what should I do about this? I really need to get this corrected.

Sir, I'm so sorry for the late response because of holiday.
I have expedited the process and our engineers are analyzing, will keep you updated soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-10-27
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

sir, sorry for the late reply! you can contact with our After-sales Services and sent back camera to us.We will repair it as soon as possible.Thank you!
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The post in 9# is from our engineers, sorry that the camera will need to be sent back to evaluate and repair, please fill in online repair form to start a ticket. Our repair center will take care of it.
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules