Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3 advanced camera / frequency problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans63a221f4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15230 ft
United States

I have a P 3 advanced which I have had for over a year. Recently I have had a problem with frequency weakness and camera latency. When I check the frequency, it shows very weak and changing rapidly, i.e. not staying on one channel. Also, when I move the camera up-down or rotate the aircraft left-right, the image takes maybe 2 seconds to follow. Using an iphone 6 for a monitor.
Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Have you change to another location to verify? Also, please try to switch between Auto and Custom to see whether there is any difference.
2017-10-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

First, with regard to the changing frequency, that is normal. The DJI system is frequency agile, so it changes channel if there is any interference on the channel it is using. As long as it remains connected, all is fine. If is changing frequency a lot, that is an indication that you are surrounded by other devices using the same radio band. Try getting away from houses and other suburban areas.

The latency, often referred to on here as 'lagging', is a product of your iPhone 6. It is slow at processing the video from the camera. You can reduce the lag by shutting down other apps that may be running, put the phone into 'do not disturb' mode, in order tro leave as much of the available resources for the DJI Go App. The Go App is very greedy and uses up all available resources on your phone. Also, in the aircraft settings, switch off caching to the remote, that frees up quite a bit of processor time.

2017-10-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geoff is correct. Putting your iPhone in Airplane mode would help some.

As well, closing all apps running in the background.

Ah, I might even be so bold as to suggest deleting all your internet cache and cookies. ;-)
If you had a device with faster processing power, that would be beneficial.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-17
Use props
fans63a221f4
lvl.1
United States

Thanks to all 3 of you for your replies. Regarding the frequency changes, I only get occasional green frequency blips, I think indicating very weak reception and making it impossible to choose a frequency on manual freq. selection. I normally fly in my neighborhood but have also flown at our campground and have the same result. As far as the latency is concerned, I will try closing all apps on the phone and running with airplane mode on. I also fly a P 4 pro and use a CrystalSky monitor on that. Latency issues are non existant with that but the freq. strength is the same. Seems that the freq. strength problem has only been an issue since updating to the latest firmware on both aircraft. Sounds like many pilots have had problems since that update.
Any comments on that?
2017-10-18
Use props
fans63a221f4
lvl.1
United States

I stand somewhat corrected. No problem with P4Pro. Tried clearing all apps on iphone and turned off WiFi. No change in camera lag. Camera lag is only on screen i.e. camera moves when requesting but image change lags by anywhere from 3-5 seconds. Also happens on workbench with little distance between remote and aircraft. Also tried CrystalSky monitor. No change in behavior so cant be the iphone.
Can it be the firmware causing weak image signal?
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules