Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WE NEED 25FPS IN EUROPE FOR GOD SAKE !!!!
12Next >
3767 57 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pixelmixture
lvl.1
France

hi,

the utility frequency in europe ( and in most part of asia ) is 50Hz !!!!!!!
WE NEED 25FPS TO AVOID FLICKERING ARTIFICIAL LIGHTS ON OUR FOOTAGE WITH THE SPARK !!!!  ASAP !!!  please ?

i'll take a DLOG and RAW photo option with it
2017-10-17
Use props
sparkguygc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 230141 ft
Australia

Couldn't agree more.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Pixelmixture, sorry that we still not have this plan, but your suggestion was forwarded to our engineers. Thanks for your attention.
2017-10-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-17 18:55
Pixelmixture, sorry that we still not have this plan, but your suggestion was forwarded to our engineers. Thanks for your attention.

Like, we don't have this planned (25 fps)?
2017-10-18
Use props
LX2000
Flight distance : 37477 ft
Netherlands

25fps video does not magically fix flickering.... a 50hz anti-flicker filter does fix flickering...
2017-10-18
Use props
Raz Taz
Second Officer

Japan

LX2000 Posted at 2017-10-18 10:52
25fps video does not magically fix flickering.... a 50hz anti-flicker filter does fix flickering...

I'm impressed. This forum is full of video experts.
Or not
2017-10-18
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Pfffff another begging for 25fps.
Dji? Maybe its about time to take action. This is, “the how many times already now” request? Its becoming a cliche.
2017-10-18
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

There are ways to convert to 25fps,

Either re-encode the footage down to 25fps,
Or playback the footage at 25fps- yes I know there is a slow down but still would work.
Most video editing software will do this.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-10-18 16:29
There are ways to convert to 25fps,

Either re-encode the footage down to 25fps,

Here you go. It is a good way to produce 25fps through editing software.
2017-10-18
Use props
medyq69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-18 23:49

No, if u edit from 30 to 25 in many cases u lose few frames and video (wich is jumping in spark without it smoetime) will jump more wihtout frame blending  - hiccups effect. with frame blending new frames are made and in mix  option they probably are overlaped - but not all software can do that. And to mix video from spark and video from mobile device we need to sit a time in video editing software and play with converting  not just mix video together with same framerate
2017-10-19
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Australia

medyq69 Posted at 2017-10-19 00:06
No, if u edit from 30 to 25 in many cases u lose few frames and video (wich is jumping in spark without it smoetime) will jump more wihtout frame blending  - hiccups effect. with frame blending new frames are made and in mix  option they probably are overlaped - but not all software can do that. And to mix video from spark and video from mobile device we need to sit a time in video editing software and play with converting  not just mix video together with same framerate

Try to shoot at 1/60sec shutter speed and use ND filters if you need to. That way you can drop a couple of frames and it shouldn't look too bad.

I admit its hard when you are mixing with other source material, but for general upload to youtube and stuff the 25fps shouldn't be needed.
2017-10-19
Use props
Raz Taz
Second Officer

Japan

Sorry Dji Elektra, but pretend to resolve this problem with the editing software is not the solution,
It is a wrong suggestion. I don't lost time to explain you why. I think you're a technician and you know what we are talking about.
The only way is add the 25fps options.
All the others drones of Dji have this option, why Spark can't have??????
This is a answer that i like to hear.
2017-10-19
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello electra,
Can you please push this forward again to your engineers and make this one of your toppriorities. As you ( and the whole of dji)can see now that a lot of sparkowners especially the ones( and these are a lot)living in areas where the use 25fps are getting now inpatience and to be honest with you its not good publicity for the sparkproduct. There must be a fix and as raztaz already mentionned , using software is not the sollution
2017-10-19
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the OP said
"WE NEED 25FPS TO AVOID FLICKERING ARTIFICIAL LIGHTS ON OUR FOOTAGE WITH THE SPARK !!!!  ASAP !!! "
this is because the UK and other countries use 50hz for our power supply. Meaning lighting has a 50fps "flicker" The US and other countries use 60hz and your lighting will "flicker" at 60fps. This is where its causing a problem for us UK spark owners.

The spark captures at 30fps (30hz)
UK lighting "flickers" at 50hz (50fps)
US lighting "flickers" at 60hz (60fps)

60hz / 2 = 30hz (30fps) - Sparks 30fps = 0fps difference (all frames in sync with lighting etc)
50hz / 2 = 25hz (25fps) - Sparks 30fps = 5fps difference (for every second we are 5 frames out of sync with our lighting)

This means those in a country that uses the 50hz power are 5fps out of sync with the shutter on the sparks camera, this causes the video destroying flicker that shows up when you record anywhere there is artificial lighting.

If you are in a 60hz country try setting your camera to record at 25 fps and record a light. You will see the struggle we are having.

Surely DJI didnt overlook this!

2017-10-19
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

??? I shoot in ntsc 30 fps and live in the Netherlands. All tv's/pc screens support pal and ntsc so that should not be any problem.
Flickering use nd filters!
So the only thing is when flying inside wich most people don't do.

2017-10-19
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Josh a? I also live in the netherlands and i tell you all the footage recorded with spark, editting in fcpx, the final result: all spark footage is stuttering. And putting slowmotion to it is not the sollution
2017-10-19
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flickering has not to do with 25fps. Its the suttering that is the problem. Indeed flickering as you said can be solved with nd filters, but definately not the stuttering
2017-10-19
Use props
fans24191977
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Shot some indoor footage yesterday and we got flicker from the LED light. We tried everything to resolve this including ND filters. We also shot some footage outside, then converted this with compressor to 50fps to match the project we were working on. No matter what we did the footage was jerky and not smooth enough to use. This is such a shame as the spark is an excellent drone for short dramatic cut away shots. We REALLY need 25fps. We used to have the same problem with the iphone until a third party company Filmicpro gave us an app that allows you to change the frame rate. If they can do it surly DJI can.
2017-10-19
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I think the Spark would be more versatile with the 2 options, for me it has not been an issue yet, but I admit that this should be something DJI must consider to implement due to the world wide sales of the product, and should not be seen as a feature that competes with the MAVIC...
2017-10-19
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-10-19 02:38
Flickering has not to do with 25fps. Its the suttering that is the problem. Indeed flickering as you said can be solved with nd filters, but definately not the stuttering

This post is about the flickering, not the stuttering when you output the video at 25fps.

To fix the stuttering you need to conform the footage from 30fps to whatever you are outputting at. If you use final cut pro this link will show you how to do it. I use optical flow and get great results.
2017-10-19
Use props
LeChuck71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

This is really pathetic from DJI.
I like the spark, but the current way of treating with the customers is really bad. The Spark is my first DJI product (had serveral DIY Drones based on PX4 but was sick of all the cables hanging around ;))
but at the moment I guess it will also be my last for some time.

Open your mind DJI and listen to all the non-US customers, 25FPS ist not that big of a deal to handle in firmware ... ah wait you are busy adding stupid gestures than fixing bugs, well done

Currently pretty pi***** off
2017-10-19
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes as mentionned a fewtimes before i know how to deal with  30 fps in fcpx but this is not the issue. The issue here is that dji should implement 25 fps to the spark and not that we have to solve this via software . Why should we have to change spark footage as it can be done with a firmware update. Just as phantoms and mavic.someone brought up the flickering and 25fps. But flickering is not caused by the 25 and 30fps
2017-10-19
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-10-19 04:30
Yes as mentionned a fewtimes before i know how to deal with  30 fps in fcpx but this is not the issue. The issue here is that dji should implement 25 fps to the spark and not that we have to solve this via software . Why should we have to change spark footage as it can be done with a firmware update. Just as phantoms and mavic.someone brought up the flickering and 25fps. But flickering is not caused by the 25 and 30fps

Yes it is, the flickering is due to the difference in frequencies of electrical systems and the framerate the spark captures at. The only way to fix it is allow 25fps in 50hz locations and 30fps in 60hz locations. Sure DJI could probably implement it in a firmware fix but is the camera designed to have that choice? if it was i really think they would have included it out of the box.
2017-10-19
Use props
Raz Taz
Second Officer

Japan

LeChuck71 Posted at 2017-10-19 04:30
This is really pathetic from DJI.
I like the spark, but the current way of treating with the customers is really bad. The Spark is my first DJI product (had serveral DIY Drones based on PX4 but was sick of all the cables hanging around ;))
but at the moment I guess it will also be my last for some time.

Completely agree with you.
2017-10-19
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

25fps should be possible to implement as the same capture chip is used as in the Mavic Pro. So surely its 'just' a bit of extra code and a firmware update? There would also be another side 'benefit' in that the slower frame rate would also mean more latitude in low light exposure - a bit less noise due to a lower ISO setting needed for correct exposure. DJI it would be a 'win win' if you implement this - as I like many (I should think) are using the Spark for near ground filming in spaces that the Mavic/Inspire setups are too big for.
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't agree. It slows down your footage 1/6th and that is (many times) a bit too much.
Of course you can create a nice dramatic effect with it, but people and other moving things look unnatural.
So yes, please add 25fps.
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-10-19 01:26
Try to shoot at 1/60sec shutter speed and use ND filters if you need to. That way you can drop a couple of frames and it shouldn't look too bad.

I admit its hard when you are mixing with other source material, but for general upload to youtube and stuff the 25fps shouldn't be needed.

True, if you don't mix with PAL footage.
The only option (in my opinion) is slowing the footage down to 5/6 of the speed. That makes for fluid motion, but it also makes for unnatural movements of people etc.
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jos A Posted at 2017-10-19 02:25
??? I shoot in ntsc 30 fps and live in the Netherlands. All tv's/pc screens support pal and ntsc so that should not be any problem.
Flickering use nd filters!
So the only thing is when flying inside wich most people don't do.

True until you mix with 25fps / 50fps footage. Then you have no choice but to slow down the Spark footage or get nasty stuttering in your 30fps footage.
I know, if you just make Spark footage and don't add anything else, you will be fine most of the time. But that would make it just some expensive toy for me.
2017-10-19
Use props
pixelmixture
lvl.1
France

no, you can't answer that if you're a company serious about video ... it drop frames and induce numerous artifacts
2017-10-19
Use props
pixelmixture
lvl.1
France

perhaps this drone was conceived as a toy but i use it as a pro ... it's tiny and able to fly in locations where the mavic is too big .... we need 25fps and we need DLOG. ( and raw photos please )
2017-10-19
Use props
pixelmixture
lvl.1
France

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2017-10-19 05:04
25fps should be possible to implement as the same capture chip is used as in the Mavic Pro. So surely its 'just' a bit of extra code and a firmware update? There would also be another side 'benefit' in that the slower frame rate would also mean more latitude in low light exposure - a bit less noise due to a lower ISO setting needed for correct exposure. DJI it would be a 'win win' if you implement this - as I like many (I should think) are using the Spark for near ground filming in spaces that the Mavic/Inspire setups are too big for.

spot on ... spark and mavic should have the same options to be abble to use both on the same project
2017-10-19
Use props
nottuppaware
First Officer
Australia

pixelmixture Posted at 2017-10-19 13:27
spot on ... spark and mavic should have the same options to be abble to use both on the same project

Surely you looked at the specs before purchase ? And realised its limitations ?
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

pixelmixture Posted at 2017-10-19 13:24
perhaps this drone was conceived as a toy but i use it as a pro ... it's tiny and able to fly in locations where the mavic is too big .... we need 25fps and we need DLOG. ( and raw photos please )

I am not sure how Spark will handle a D-Log stream.
With Spark's tiny bitrate you will probably loose a lot of detail. Even at 1080.
2017-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

pixelmixture Posted at 2017-10-19 13:27

I don't believe they need to have the same options. They are marketed for different purposes where MP is targeted to the more pro-sumer type of customer (so will have more options).
But the omission of 25fps is a very rude one for a lot of people.
I know iPhone only shoots 30 / 60 / 120 / 240fps but at least you can use 3rd party apps to get 25....
2017-10-19
Use props
Raz Taz
Second Officer

Japan

A deafening silence from Dji.
2017-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Raz Taz Posted at 2017-10-20 06:38
A deafening silence from Dji.

Yeah, I really would like to know if they have plans for adding this or want to keep this for higher priced drones.
Then I know I can skip Spark and save more for MP or P4A.
2017-10-20
Use props
Lamplighter55
Captain
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-20 10:27
Yeah, I really would like to know if they have plans for adding this or want to keep this for higher priced drones.
Then I know I can skip Spark and save more for MP or P4A.

I think the argument stands regardless of this functionality being available in higher priced drones as it's basically a TV standard for most of Europe. So not great when you want to mix the footage with other ordinary video shot with a handy-cam or similar.
2017-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2017-10-20 12:14
I think the argument stands regardless of this functionality being available in higher priced drones as it's basically a TV standard for most of Europe. So not great when you want to mix the footage with other ordinary video shot with a handy-cam or similar.

I agree, but sometimes a NO is also an answer.
For now nothing but silence....
2017-10-20
Use props
pixelmixture
lvl.1
France

there is no consummer or prosummer for me....  there is a mavic pro that i own which is great .... there is a spark which is able to go in places where the mavic can't ... that 's it !!!    i just want to be able to mix videos coming from both sources ...

in europe PAL is a standard and DJI should comply to the standard ...

who really thinks that enabling 25fps/dlog/raw photos will make the mavic sell go down ? seriously ?
2017-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

pixelmixture Posted at 2017-10-20 23:41
there is no consummer or prosummer for me....  there is a mavic pro that i own which is great .... there is a spark which is able to go in places where the mavic can't ... that 's it !!!    i just want to be able to mix videos coming from both sources ...

in europe PAL is a standard and DJI should comply to the standard ...

I know. I really need this
2017-10-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules