Right Side of Image Blurry
1918 8 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lampy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128343 ft
United States

Can someone help please? The right side of the image is looking very muddy/blurry and ugly especially going out towards the horizon (very easy to see if you play at 4K), while the rest is the image is nice and crisp. I have cleaned the lens and it is sparkling clean so nothing is on there. I have to crop in and lose over half the image to even start to get rid of it and by then the resolution of the rest of the image is garbage.
I have had the Mavic Pro since April and have 4hrs 42mins total flight time with it (I have filled the 64GB microSD 1.5 times now in 4K 24p).  A week ago when I used it for a shot it was working fine. I have not crashed it, and I have only had this issue the past 2 days when I noticed it then made sure everything was clean and tried again yesterday. Same result. I tap to focus, etc, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

https://youtu.be/gOHocCMqLy0

2017-10-17
Use props
Lampy
lvl.1
United States

2017-10-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Try recalibrating the gimbal?
2017-10-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Not a lot you can do about it. Lots of mavics seem to have a softer one side than the other issue - looks to be more quality control.  Mine is the opposite of yours and much softer left than right so i have to crop about 15% off the left of each image.  Its most likely a quality control issue where the lens and sensor aren't exactly parallel in the camera.  Some people don't have the issue whereas some do.  Quite a few threads on here, facebook and other forums showing it.
Edit:- To show you mine:-
--- should be able to see from below the full frame of an image is completely unusable, it needs a good 15% cropped off the left edge to be acceptable.  The right side is fine.  Video is "ok" as its not as obvious due to motion blur.

Full image, DNG

Full image, DNG

Centre Sharpness

Centre Sharpness

Left side "sharpness"

Left side "sharpness"
2017-10-17
Use props
Lampy
lvl.1
United States

My video is VERY unusable, watch in full 4K resolution.  I have to crop about half which goes down to nearly 1080p resolution.  This problem only started this week.  
2017-10-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

No mould, fungus or dust inside the lens?  You've tried a full aircraft hard reset and recalibrate everything?
2017-10-17
Use props
Lampy
lvl.1
United States

Also, that is not motion blur.  I had no ND filters for this so my shutter speed was about 1/2500 if I remember correctly.  Even if I was flying fast there would be very little motion blur.
BADREALLY BAD.jpg
2017-10-17
Use props
Lampy
lvl.1
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2017-10-17 17:07
No mould, fungus or dust inside the lens?  You've tried a full aircraft hard reset and recalibrate everything?

Nothing that I can see inside the lens.  I did another flight tonight at sunset after re calibrating gimbal, compass, everything.  Still about 90% of my footage is coming out this way.  A couple shots actually I think looked alright but the image was darker to start with.  
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check if there is any dirt on the camera. And pay attention to the lens to see if it is the stream, leave the drone for a while after starting it on. If the issue persists, I recommend sending it back. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules