Good job. Beautiful scenery. Thanks

RedHotPoker
2017-10-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Hmmm.  I assume that bridge has that short, curved span in order to allow small boats to pass underneath?  Beautiful subject matter.
2017-10-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Excellent!  enjoyed watching
2017-10-17
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Very nice well done and beautiful country side
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing! I like the green and water the most. Happy flying!
2017-10-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-10-17 15:32
Hmmm.  I assume that bridge has that short, curved span in order to allow small boats to pass underneath?  Beautiful subject matter.

Thanks for all comments.  Yes the bridge is a pontoon type which rises and falls with the water level. Small boats can pass under the arched section.  The water level is very low at the moment, and so by the bank it is very shallow indeed - a metre at most.I had intended the video to include more footage, but the darn SD card filled up at the moment the video stops.  Careless oversight on my part.
I shall have to to it again on another occasion. Fortunately I live nearby
2017-10-17
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Beautiful country!
2017-10-17
Use props
Bracco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Nice video
2017-10-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-17 21:08
Thanks for all comments.  Yes the bridge is a pontoon type which rises and falls with the water level. Small boats can pass under the arched section.  The water level is very low at the moment, and so by the bank it is very shallow indeed - a metre at most.I had intended the video to include more footage, but the darn SD card filled up at the moment the video stops.  Careless oversight on my part.
I shall have to to it again on another occasion. Fortunately I live nearby

Aloha Blériot,

Nice location and video.  Looking forward to more!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-18 00:28
Aloha Blériot,

Ken, you need to show off more of your location.
Many of us, will never get to visit the Hawaiian islands in person.

RedJotPoker

2017-10-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-18 00:39
Ken, you need to show off more of your location.
Many of us, will never get to visit the Hawaiian islands in person.

Aloha RedHot,

How many videos and photos of my back yard would people want to see!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely stunning scenery. Nice work, probably an ND 8 filter would've been the icing on the cake.
2017-10-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-10-18 05:15
Absolutely stunning scenery. Nice work, probably an ND 8 filter would've been the icing on the cake.

The ND filters are on my Xmas list to the family ;)
2017-10-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-18 07:47
The ND filters are on my Xmas list to the family ;)

Good move !   
2017-10-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-18 01:18
Aloha RedHot,

How many videos and photos of my back yard would people want to see!

How many vids can you put up? ;-)

You live in Hawaii, not your average back yard, for most here.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video, nice and calm water
2017-10-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-18 10:28

Aloha RedHot,

How about this one.  Needs music.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-18 10:28

Aloha RedHot,

This was a fun one-minute one.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-18 00:28
Aloha Blériot,

After six months or so of learning, I'm starting to get a bit more confidence in the equipment, and my ability to do stuff with it   I'm gradually getting a bit more adventurous - particularly since I got the Litchi software.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.
2017-10-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-19 00:03
After six months or so of learning, I'm starting to get a bit more confidence in the equipment, and my ability to do stuff with it   I'm gradually getting a bit more adventurous - particularly since I got the Litchi software.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Aloha Blériot,

Be careful with the Litchi waypoints.  The altitude has been difficult for me to figure out.  If you are over simple and relatively level land elements, the altitude should be OK as long as you are sure of the meters or feet involved.  It has a "Ground Level" reading that seems to come from Google Earth that seems based on the land you are standing on.  But it may be based on the altitude the Phantom is at when you start the mission.

As long as you are getting 50 or more feet above first waypoint, it should be safe.  Be careful though, in one YouTube Video, the guy did not set the first few waypoints correctly and as soon as he took off, his Phantom crashed, but it was not hard and I think it was into grass.  Lucky him.

I tried negative settings in my back yard (gulch) and after a few missions, it really went screwy.  I still have not been able to get a good negative altitude mission recently.  Of course we are having lots of rain and strong Trade Winds lately, so that does not help either.  In the high winds, there are only light winds down in the jungle tree tunnels and meadows.

The high flights with Litchi have been interesting though.  The curves can be really cool.  Be sure to treat your altitudes like you do your Return to Home altitudes as in make sure you clear the drone eating trees!  Looking forward to more!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-19 00:36
Aloha Blériot,

Be careful with the Litchi waypoints.  The altitude has been difficult for me to figure out.  If you are over simple and relatively level land elements, the altitude should be OK as long as you are sure of the meters or feet involved.  It has a "Ground Level" reading that seems to come from Google Earth that seems based on the land you are standing on.  But it may be based on the altitude the Phantom is at when you start the mission.

Yes I watched a Youtube video showing how to plan a waypoints route in Google Earth with flight height  Relative To Ground, then transport that data into the Litchi mission hub.  That works a treat and, if the waypoints are spaced sufficiently close to eachother, the subsequent path flown by the drone rises and falls with humps and bumps in the topography. It's great
2017-10-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-19 08:33
Yes I watched a Youtube video showing how to plan a waypoints route in Google Earth with flight height  Relative To Ground, then transport that data into the Litchi mission hub.  That works a treat and, if the waypoints are spaced sufficiently close to eachother, the subsequent path flown by the drone rises and falls with humps and bumps in the topography. It's great

Aloha Blériot,

Good, but beware, like RTH, trees and structures are not included in ground elevations.  Those are for your eyeballs to determine.  Other than those worries, it is a blast!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-18 13:51
Aloha RedHot,

This was a fun one-minute one.

That was delightful. You sure have a lovely green environment, that is wonderfully photographic.
Perhaps for you it's seemingly not that interesting, because you live there with those lush trees. But for others and myself, it's a joy to behold.

That fast landing, in your closing scene was dramatic.  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-10-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-18 13:45
Aloha RedHot,

How about this one.  Needs music.

Our neighborhoods sure have a different layout and appearance.

I like yours more. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-10-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-21 20:24
That was delightful. You sure have a lovely green environment, that is wonderfully photographic.
Perhaps for you it's seemingly not that interesting, because you live there with those lush trees. But for others and myself, it's a joy to behold.

Aloha RedHot,

Well, yes, it is amazing how dramatic one can make a scene by reversing the footage.  I remember working on an original Hawaii 5 0 TV episode (with Jack Lord) where a crash and injury scene was created by reversing the car out of the crash spot.  Just reverse the tape (in that case) and it looks like the car is crashing into the injured.  Then there is the regular footage of the injured and repercussions.  Editing is wonderful!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-21 23:41
Aloha RedHot,

Well, yes, it is amazing how dramatic one can make a scene by reversing the footage.  I remember working on an original Hawaii 5 0 TV episode (with Jack Lord) where a crash and injury scene was created by reversing the car out of the crash spot.  Just reverse the tape (in that case) and it looks like the car is crashing into the injured.  Then there is the regular footage of the injured and repercussions.  Editing is wonderful!

Yes, reversing the footage can have a brilliant effect on the eyes. ;-)

It's interesting what can be done, with some simple manipulation, and affects.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules