MAVIC RC / APP DISCONNECTION PROBLEM
1591 9 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

Hello all.... I apologize if this should not be a new post BUT I have read numerous mentions of the rc or app disconnecting mid flight and even before take off.....

All updated newest FW
Uninstalled app and redownloaded latest app

Everyone seems to be all updated just like I am and still having the same or very similar issue... went out today rebooted everything in the proper order and bam immediately disconnected on me while take off. So I headed the advice of using the USB port on the bottom of the rc with different cables ( I have a HTC one Cell TYPE CONNECTOR) this did nothing. So as I tried to go back to using the side cable I didnt run it through the rc holes i left it outside of it and connected and felt it actually feel more connected to my phone. I left it sitting for a while on READY TO GO and it never disconnected. Took off flew around for a couple minutes and never disconnected.

I am like everyone else here VERY frustrated with ISSUES which all began with a 3 months wait after dropping $1000 BUT i soley think that we should all just STOP check the simple easily overseen steps and see what happens. I do feel as DJI should offer some newer cables or give insight on the longevity of their products and issue newer cables as mine is from last year september and maybe just possibly now faulty to some point?

I hope this helps and really isnt a BIG issue where we have to update or RETURN an MP that can simply be fixed... thoughts and prayers to everyone else who is having this issue, I will retest and update if DISCONNECTION occurs again. Party on people!
2017-10-17
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

What kind of smartphone are you using to connect?
2017-10-17
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

As M.C. mentioned, always provide your phone type,OS, firmware etc.  Had mine forever and never once diconnected on me. Just a note, I use IPHONE6S+ and IPAD4
2017-10-17
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
United States

HTC ONE - cell phone
LATEST FW and LATEST APP for ANDROID

Never had any issues either EVERY flight I ever had with MP was perfect until now.... My main point would be that maybe the cable is going???
2017-10-18
Use props
sorka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

Dremundo Posted at 2017-10-18 09:35
HTC ONE - cell phone
LATEST FW and LATEST APP for ANDROID

Already lots of other threads on this. You might check some of the longer ones although so far nobody has found any solution.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-83774-1-1.html
2017-10-19
Use props
RoriZahr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94147 ft
Lebanon

Having the same issue but in my case I only started having disconnection problems after I downloaded iOS 11.1, this is a beta. So I’m not sure whether it’s a incompatibility problem or if it’s  the mavic
2017-10-20
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
United States

*** UPDATE**** Finally got around to ordering a new USB to TYPE C charger cord and plug through the bottom of the RC and flew with no problems and no disconnections. I can confirm for my issue and my phone and my case that the SIDE DJI CABLE IS NO GOOD ANYMORE. Lasted literally 1 year as I ordered my Mavic on release date and received 3 months later than promised so for the life of a cheap cable i guess not bad? Thank God I didnt have anything else serious happen to my $1000 drone. Hope every gets a fix soon
2017-10-26
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Mine lasted for a whole 3 flights for my MPP before my connections got shaky and then completely losing connection. Contacted DJI support and waiting for the part to arrive. I'm gonna not wedge it through where it should be when I get my replacement and hope it lasts longer this time around. I feel like the cables weren't designed to be wedged and mushed around the controller.
2017-10-26
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Dremundo Posted at 2017-10-26 16:50
*** UPDATE**** Finally got around to ordering a new USB to TYPE C charger cord and plug through the bottom of the RC and flew with no problems and no disconnections. I can confirm for my issue and my phone and my case that the SIDE DJI CABLE IS NO GOOD ANYMORE. Lasted literally 1 year as I ordered my Mavic on release date and received 3 months later than promised so for the life of a cheap cable i guess not bad? Thank God I didnt have anything else serious happen to my $1000 drone. Hope every gets a fix soon

It is possible that perhaps some people are being a bit heavy handed with their cables. If there was a problem with the side connector then you would not be able to charge the RC.
2017-10-26
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
United States

Is DJI sending replacement cables..... or if anyone has ordered any new cables that work can you post the link? I was just thinking of ordering a cable from amazon and continue to use the bottom USB but I do like how the cable fits on the side to the phone, the way it was designed to be.
2017-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules