Phantom 4 pro / DJI go4 app won't connect
3209 6 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans04f05fdd
lvl.1
United States

Hi, Im totally new to this, but i'm having a huge problem that both dji and apple haven't been able to help me with and i'm hoping you're all smarter than them.
I just updated from the ipad mini 2 to the ipad pro 9.7" screen for my brand new (less than a week old) phantom 4 pro. I got this tablet from my brother who had a lot of his work stuff on it. so after flying wqith it, and making sure it worked with no issues, i purchased it from him and proceeded to factory reset the ipad pro and log into my name with a fresh ipad pro and nothing but the DJI Go4 app on it. now i'm getting no camera signal and it says disconnected in the top left in gray. The controller light is green and i can move the camera, but no camera connection in the app. Also is says "Gimbal disconnected" in the rundown of things when the app first comes on.
Any ideas what i could try?
the usb chord is brand new, and is registering because i see the charging symbol and it makes a noise when i plug it in.
Happens with or without an SD card.
I tried to install a backup of my icloud thinking that might work... nope. no help.
Can someone please help?!
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Has the drone been crashed before? What's the current firmware of the aircraft and controller?
2017-10-17
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You need to change to a apple OTG usb cable, if the ipad is showing as charging when its connected to the RC , then the cable  is not transmitting the camera data.
I have goodluck so far with this type of cable, keep it short

http://www.rockphone.hk/en/produ ... egory=40&id=530
2017-10-18
Use props
fans04f05fdd
lvl.1
United States

hey guys, thanks for the help...

DJI Susan - no the drone is literally out of the box from DJI brand new. I'm unaware of the actual number at this moment, i'll check in a bit when i get to the drone. but its all fully up to date.

lannes - I used the same cable to fly fine right before the factory reset of the ipad. I've used this cable to fly all my drones. How sure are you its the cable if i've already used this cable?
2017-10-18
Use props
WA6HTP
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-17 22:13
Has the drone been crashed before? What's the current firmware of the aircraft and controller?

I My refurbished 9.7" iPad Pro was functioning perfectly with the GO 4 ap until Apple updated the iOS.  Then it stopped connecting.  I've been told that DJI is aware of this and a fix would be released soon.  It's been almost one month now and still no fix.  When will this problem be resolved?
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans04f05fdd Posted at 2017-10-18 05:59
hey guys, thanks for the help...

DJI Susan - no the drone is literally out of the box from DJI brand new. I'm unaware of the actual number at this moment, i'll check in a bit when i get to the drone. but its all fully up to date.

Sorry for the late response. Please click the reply button under my reply so that I can handle it timely.

For the gimbal disconnected, I would recommend you to refresh the firmware and link RC again.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WA6HTP Posted at 2017-10-31 15:05
I My refurbished 9.7" iPad Pro was functioning perfectly with the GO 4 ap until Apple updated the iOS.  Then it stopped connecting.  I've been told that DJI is aware of this and a fix would be released soon.  It's been almost one month now and still no fix.  When will this problem be resolved?

I think this should be the one you are looking for 14#: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid995704
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules