sd card files not appearing.
5052 5 2017-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ecraft
New
Flight distance : 41332 ft
New Zealand

Hi DJI, I am having problems with video files saving to my sd card. during flight it is clear that i have recorded footage and i have successfully captred video content.
however when plugged into my MAC only some files apear on my sd card?
I was able to locate the lost files (reduced resolution) inthe dji application when I connected my iphone to itunes.
unfortunately at only 720p the resolution is not good enough to use in post processing.
innitialy I presumed I had made mistakes during flight but after several files went missing i concluded it was an internal issue.
I have three questions,
1: Is there any way to recover the lost files from my sd card or elsewhere in full resolution?
2: what can i do to prevent this from happening again ?3: why dont most of my files appear in the dji application when i am connected to my mavic?

2017-10-17
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

As for #3 - What you see in the app, are the cached files, only used as black box/reference.
I've never experienced files missing from SD. Maybe you have a defective card? Try finding and running some recovery software to see if the files can be salvaged.
2017-10-17
Use props
Ecraft
New
Flight distance : 41332 ft
New Zealand

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-10-17 23:48
As for #3 - What you see in the app, are the cached files, only used as black box/reference.
I've never experienced files missing from SD. Maybe you have a defective card? Try finding and running some recovery software to see if the files can be salvaged.

Hi BumblerBee ,thanks for the help.
Im less concerned with the third question.
as for the card being defective, i dont think so .
most video files and all still photos i capture do appear on my sd card, its only a handful of footage that doesn't seem to appear on the card. I am 100% positive it is not due to pilot error as the cached files can be found in the dji application when I plug my phone in.
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check the usage of the SD card, if most of the space had used, then you can try to read the SD card on another computer. If there are lots of space, you might need to format the SD card and test if the video and pictures can be saved. If the SD card can't store the files, please change another SD card.
2017-10-18
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.2

India

Ok, about recovering part of your question, There is various recovery software like Stellar Phoenix, Easeus, Jhiosoft etc available out there that you can easily use to recover the lost files.
Among these, I have personally tried Stellar Phoenix and I always recommend it.

Hope it helps.
2017-10-30
Use props
AliceSmith
lvl.2

Singapore

As for 1,The solution to get back lost data on sd card is to use data recover tool ,it will detect all files in your sd card and list all files on computer.You can preview and choose the wanted files to recover.
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules