Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just a question about posting? DJI states in its rules for the forum

VI: Advertising Services and Solicitation

1.We  do not allow people to post threads or to send any private messages or  emails to users that advertise any products, services, funds or  donations. This includes anything that may  compete with any items on the official DJI Store, DJI products or not.
2.Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is prohibited.

3.Advertising for competing products is not allowed.
4.You should  never give out your DJI customer number or password to anyone, and you  should not disclose server logins and/or passwords to anyone except  through the DJI support system. We can not take responsibility if you  disclose this information.

Does this mean that we are not allowed to post links for aftermarket third party items that ARE NOT available  or made by DJI?
There are many items that can improve safety and crash recovery and are available that DJI does not manufacture.
2017-10-18
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

That's how I would read it but as you say there are some good aftermarket products out there that are not produced/endorsed by DJI.
2017-10-18
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think they enforce it. I've seen a lot of posts about landing gear, carrying cases, lights, etc. and I've never seen a thread locked because of it.
2017-10-18
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

If it's useful equipment that DJI doesn't sell, I say go ahead and post it.  Worst that happens is G.I. Joe deletes your post and maybe gives you a little spanking.
2017-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It's just how you read it.

Competing products and advertising are the key 'words' I would say.
Like, you should not advertise other brand's drones, but it's ok to talk about them.
I don't think accessories are part of this, as DJI does not sell many accessories from themselves.
2017-10-18
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I would think that talking about a none DJI accessory you have and talk about it's pros and cons isn't advertising. You aren't trying to sell it nor convince someone to buy it.

To me the rules are pretty clear. Quadkid, did someone say something to you,
2017-10-18
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Locoman Posted at 2017-10-18 16:53
I would think that talking about a none DJI accessory you have and talk about it's pros and cons isn't advertising. You aren't trying to sell it nor convince someone to buy it.

To me the rules are pretty clear. Quadkid, did someone say something to you,

No, nobody said anything, I was just reading a post from another member who has lost his Mavic into water that was very deep and not that far away from him (maybe 50' away) it floated for a few seconds then it was lost.
I had come across an item on e-bay that would have saved it from sinking and he could have retrieved it, wanted to post a link to it but wasn't sure that would be taken as advertising.
DJI offers nothing like it so I know it couldn't be considered competing.
2017-10-19
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-19 01:01
No, nobody said anything, I was just reading a post from another member who has lost his Mavic into water that was very deep and not that far away from him (maybe 50' away) it floated for a few seconds then it was lost.
I had come across an item on e-bay that would have saved it from sinking and he could have retrieved it, wanted to post a link to it but wasn't sure that would be taken as advertising.
DJI offers nothing like it so I know it couldn't be considered competing.

I see so many links in many posts here; from Amazon, ebay and so on.
I don't believe it is a problem.
Maybe, would be if the produvt you link is being sold by you!!!!
But maybe!!!!! Just Maybe!
2017-10-19
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-19 01:49
I see so many links in many posts here; from Amazon, ebay and so on.
I don't believe it is a problem.
Maybe, would be if the produvt you link is being sold by you!!!!

Ya, not sold by me just a reference to an e-bay item for floatation rig for the Mavic
2017-10-19
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-19 02:27
Ya, not sold by me just a reference to an e-bay item for floatation rig for the Mavic

So, as I said, I don't see an issue here!
But I am only a user! It is just my hint!
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules