El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, did you login your DJI account in the APP? After inputting the values, click Done or similar button to make sure your input is saved properly.
2017-10-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Here you'll find the most common reasons: https://forum.dji.com/thread-114148-1-1.html
2017-10-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-10-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

El Diablo Posted at 2017-10-18 02:20
Thank you for the info. I believe every thing on the list is covered except perhaps n. 4...

"Have you been connected at least once online with DJI server after a firmware update?" I put my iPhone mode in flight mode when flying, I don't recall if I connected the aircraft after the latest no-flight zones update so perhaps the server is not updated... good point, thanks again. I will check asap and let everyone know about the result (and possible solution).

You are welcome, just synchronize your flight records then and it should be fixed.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

El Diablo Posted at 2017-10-18 02:20
Thank you for the info. I believe every thing on the list is covered except perhaps n. 4...

"Have you been connected at least once online with DJI server after a firmware update?" I put my iPhone mode in flight mode when flying, I don't recall if I connected the aircraft after the latest no-flight zones update so perhaps the server is not updated... good point, thanks again. I will check asap and let everyone know about the result (and possible solution).

Looking forward to your feedback. BTW, just to let you know if you connect the drone directly with your mobile device, the max altitude is 50 meters and can not be changed.
2017-10-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

El Diablo Posted at 2017-10-18 04:03
Hi Dji Thor, I connected the Drone to my RC and then to the phone (if that's what you mean).

Thanks anyway.

Yes, that's what I meant. So if you connect the drone to the mobile device via RC, then it is mainly the login question I suppose. Please try to sign out and log in again. Besides, also connect the drone to the app and follow DJI Susan's advice before you change the Main Controller Settings. If it reverts back, an operating video which contains this issue is highly appreciated.
2017-10-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-10-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

El Diablo Posted at 2017-10-18 05:56
Sure, I will do so and come back to you

Any news on this?
2017-10-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-10-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

El Diablo Posted at 2017-10-20 03:23
No not yet, too much work, hopefully on the weekend

Ok, looking forward to hear the result.
2017-10-20
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

I keep seeing this thread pop up, just one question, are you connecting using the cable. As this seems to lock the distances to 50m up and 100m away. Once the cable disconnects, the distances go back to normal

Thanks
2017-10-20
Use props
assisal
New
Brazil

I am having the same issue, and it seems to be clear for me: this is a issue related with software, only happen with cable OTG + iphone/apple devices. When connected with the cable, to improve the transmission quality and range, this limitation occours. I tried so many times change it, with no success. But, if you connect within wifi, the things become normal... as well the poor quality of transmission (read frozen image, lag..) So, anyone to fix this bug?? Maybe the engineering satff drom DJI could release a new firmware version...
2017-10-20
Use props
Diego.muva
New
Mexico

assisal Posted at 2017-10-20 07:53
I am having the same issue, and it seems to be clear for me: this is a issue related with software, only happen with cable OTG + iphone/apple devices. When connected with the cable, to improve the transmission quality and range, this limitation occours. I tried so many times change it, with no success. But, if you connect within wifi, the things become normal... as well the poor quality of transmission (read frozen image, lag..) So, anyone to fix this bug?? Maybe the engineering satff drom DJI could release a new firmware version...

I am having the same issue when I use RC + OTG + Iphone 7 plus. When I disconnect the OTG the altitude and distance get unlocked but I lost signal very fast because of the lag.

It would be awsome if DJI fix this issue. It is the only problem that I have with my DJI SPARK.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Diego.muva Posted at 2017-10-20 18:59
I am having the same issue when I use RC + OTG + Iphone 7 plus. When I disconnect the OTG the altitude and distance get unlocked but I lost signal very fast because of the lag.

It would be awsome if DJI fix this issue. It is the only problem that I have with my DJI SPARK.

The OTG cable connection is not a supported method for the DJI Spark. Just to clarify, you're not getting distance restrictions when you're using the standard WiFi connection method for the RC?
2017-10-20
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see the same behavior when I use an OTG cable with my iPhone 6S with iOS11 and DJI Go 4.1.12.  If I connect via WiFi, I can change the values just fine.  However, if using the OTG cable, then it limits to 50m height and 100m distance and reverts back even if I attempt to change.

For me this behavior started after I upgraded to iOS 11 (from 10.3.3) and DJI Go 4.1.10 .  I did both around the same time, so I can't personally say if one or the other made the difference.  My guess is it was 4.1.10 (and higher), but can't say 100% sure.  Prior to upgrading to iOS11 and DJI Go 4.1.10, there were no distance limits for me.  Since upgrading, every time I try to use OTG cable, it changes distance limitations.

For me personally, this isn't a big problem because I fly using WiFi 99% of the time.  I only use OTG cable when testing something occasionally.
2017-10-20
Use props
Diego.muva
New
Mexico

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-20 21:05
I see the same behavior when I use an OTG cable with my iPhone 6S with iOS11 and DJI Go 4.1.12.  If I connect via WiFi, I can change the values just fine.  However, if using the OTG cable, then it limits to 50m height and 100m distance and reverts back even if I attempt to change.

For me this behavior started after I upgraded to iOS 11 (from 10.3.3) and DJI Go 4.1.10 .  I did both around the same time, so I can't personally say if one or the other made the difference.  My guess is it was 4.1.10 (and higher), but can't say 100% sure.  Prior to upgraded to iOS11 and DJI Go 4.1.10, there were no distance limits for me.  Since upgrading, every time I try to use OTG cable, it changes distance limitations.

I could not say it better. Love your videos Kloo Gee.
2017-10-20
Use props
Diego.muva
New
Mexico

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-20 19:58
The OTG cable connection is not a supported method for the DJI Spark. Just to clarify, you're not getting distance restrictions when you're using the standard WiFi connection method for the RC?

Right, with the standard connection my altitude reaches up to 500mts and I have only tested the distance up to 1000mts because I am afraid to lose the spark
2017-10-20
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
United Kingdom

This is correct. Thats why I have now started flying using wifi.
2017-10-21
Use props
assisal
New
Brazil

Hey folks! yesterday I flew outdoor with my spark, with OTG + iPhone 6 combination (iOs 11). Even with this 'restriction' issue, I reached 150 meter from altitude. I guess that, even the software making this restriction, I can bypass simply flying.... If anyone has some news about this, please let us to know.
2017-10-21
Use props
mzak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12270 ft
Singapore

I have hardly been able to get my Spark beyond 100m altitude on Wifi alone, not to mention the latest DJI Go 4 update resulted in disconnects every 2-5s, which was beyond frustrating. This was with my phone in Airplane mode. I used the OTG method as a last resort and successfully managed to get my Spark up to 196m altitude today without a single disconnect (using Android, not iPhone). Please please please try to push for OTG support because it's the only thing that makes my Spark flyable now.
2017-10-21
Use props
JDK92
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1117264 ft
Germany

assisal Posted at 2017-10-21 06:19
Hey folks! yesterday I flew outdoor with my spark, with OTG + iPhone 6 combination (iOs 11). Even with this 'restriction' issue, I reached 150 meter from altitude. I guess that, even the software making this restriction, I can bypass simply flying.... If anyone has some news about this, please let us to know.

Same here! I use OTG with iPhone 6 (iOS11) and apparently can't change the max altitude. It always stays at 50m. When I start flying though there is no issue with passing it. Reached over 100m again today....

Weird stuff!
2017-10-21
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

jksphoto Posted at 2017-10-20 06:24
I keep seeing this thread pop up, just one question, are you connecting using the cable. As this seems to lock the distances to 50m up and 100m away. Once the cable disconnects, the distances go back to normal

Thanks

That is totally wrong. It's a myth that somehow caught.
I flew 350-400m away from myself, and my height record is 82m, all with the OTG cable. I could have flown higher and farther (if I hadn't respected LOS rules).
2017-10-21
Use props
zstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161302 ft
United States

Ignore the setting with the max height. Even though it is limited to 50m and can not be changed, I can still fly it to the max of my previous setting (120m) when I set with WIFI connection. So it remembers your old setting I guess, but you can't change it when using OTG cable.
2017-10-21
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-21 13:34
That is totally wrong. It's a myth that somehow caught.
I flew 350-400m away from myself, and my height record is 82m, all with the OTG cable. I could have flown higher and farther (if I hadn't respected LOS rules).

This is NOT a myth at all.  Look at post #17 for a description of the exact behavior that I see when using the OTG cable.  I don't know why you don't see the same behavior, but it is very easily repeatable for myself.  Are you using iOS or Android?
2017-10-22
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-22 18:32
This is NOT a myth at all.  Look at post #17 for a description of the exact behavior that I see when using the OTG cable.  I don't know why you don't see the same behavior, but it is very easily repeatable for myself.  Are you using iOS or Android?

Kloo Gee....

Love your videos man!  You inspired me to get my Spark.  Unfortunately, it only flies 7 out of 10 times.  I just got it 8 days ago from Amazon and returned it yesterday and got a new one today.  I'm hoping this new one works better.

I saw some others reply here that when using wifi instead of OTG, they feel that distance or altitude is limited.  We are talking about wifi from the phone to the RC and not wifi from the phone to the Spark, right?  The distance between the phone and the RC is miniscule.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-10-22
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Sweden

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-22 18:32

Definitely not a myth.  Wish it was. But I cannot go further than these distances since the last app updates.
2017-10-22
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-10-22
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I apologize for my previous comment. It was rash and seems to have offended some people, and it is not true for IoS - for IoS it is apparently a real issue.
Question is, why would DJI do that? If it's a licensing problem with OTG and IoS, why limit the usage?
You either have a license, and use it to the full, or you don't have a license and block the usage of the feature entirely. I don't understand this compromise approach, I don't see how that solves anything.
2017-10-23
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Sweden

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-23 05:20
I apologize for my previous comment. It was rash and seems to have offended some people, and it is not true for IoS - for IoS it is apparently a real issue.
Question is, why would DJI do that? If it's a licensing problem with OTG and IoS, why limit the usage?
You either have a license, and use it to the full, or you don't have a license and block the usage of the feature entirely. I don't understand this compromise approach, I don't see how that solves anything.

I would say the main reason, it OTG is not supported by DJi, as they have stated so many times.  Maybe it has been put in to stop some of the issues, the truth will never come out, reading some of the stories and replies so far.
2017-10-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-10-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mzak Posted at 2017-10-21 07:28
I have hardly been able to get my Spark beyond 100m altitude on Wifi alone, not to mention the latest DJI Go 4 update resulted in disconnects every 2-5s, which was beyond frustrating. This was with my phone in Airplane mode. I used the OTG method as a last resort and successfully managed to get my Spark up to 196m altitude today without a single disconnect (using Android, not iPhone). Please please please try to push for OTG support because it's the only thing that makes my Spark flyable now.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you solely use an Android, correct? Could you clarify which model and OS version you're running? Have you already tried reinstalling the Go app and refreshing the connection between the aircraft and the RC?
2017-10-23
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 2017-10-23 06:24
I replied below but actually it was the 1st time I tried the OTG cable and the 1st time that this happened to me... I will test asap and discard the biggest amount of variables.

i salute you.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it, but I just followed on from all the other reports on here.

Can't take all the credit.
2017-10-23
Use props
djiuser_YMLiE43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3625 ft
Sweden

I have the same problem. Can’t use the OTG-cable anymore if I want to fly above 50 m!
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

assisal Posted at 2017-10-20 07:53

Did you try to connect with WIFI and open airplane mode to reduce interference? Please ensure  that there is no interference around your spark. Thanks.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_YMLiE43 Posted at 2017-10-26 15:59
I have the same problem. Can’t use the OTG-cable anymore if I want to fly above 50 m!

If you use OTG to fly your spark, there maybe a lot of problems and remain unsolved. Please use WIFI instead, pay attention to the position of the antenna and avoid interference.
2017-10-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

What can be concluded from all of the above and also confirms other reports is that there clearly is an issue for iOS devices and height/distance restriction when using the OTG cable. I have seen the first of such reports emerging after release of App Version 4.1.10. Whether the iOS version itself is an additional potential factor or not has to be tested by iOS users.
What I can report as Android user is that I am using the OTG connection since day one I have had the Spark and never had any problem of that kind with any of the current or previous App versions.
And I sincerely hope that OTG will be officially supported by DJI in the near future because there are clear advantages.
2017-10-27
Use props
fans179b5d94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31227 ft
Canada

I can confirm that rolling back to DJI GO 4 v4.1.9 and leaving all H/W updated to the latest firmware has fixed this issue for me. Running iOS v11.2.1.
2017-12-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules