Just too hard!
813 15 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grymauch
New
Australia

Been trying for the last 3 hours to get my brand new Phantom 4 pro to work. Ipad air 2, connected, then updated firmware and now it says the application is not compatible with this device. Drone does not connect with app. $2.5k and this thing should be slapping me on the ass and making breakfast. I'd settle for a few minutes of flying time.  /sigh   Anyone have any ideas?    Cheers.
2017-10-18
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

I ha ave a iPad mini and don't have service on it and I get the same thing just WiFi does not work some satellite service on it is what I'm getting. I use my iPhone or my android tablet.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please tell me the model of your drone. What is the color of the indicator of your RC? Please ensure that the firmware of your RC is the latest version. What is the error message from your app?
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

darrell2 Posted at 2017-10-18 02:47
I ha ave a iPad mini and don't have service on it and I get the same thing just WiFi does not work some satellite service on it is what I'm getting. I use my iPhone or my android tablet.

What is the error message from your app? When did it happen?
2017-10-18
Use props
Grymauch
New
Australia

Phantom 4 pro,  colour indicator is flashing red/green and tried updating firmware, got to 99%, then gave me the compatibility message and would not finish.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Grymauch Posted at 2017-10-18 03:29
Phantom 4 pro,  colour indicator is flashing red/green and tried updating firmware, got to 99%, then gave me the compatibility message and would not finish.

Hi, please try to shut the drone down, start the drone and check if the drone is in the latest version. If it still prompts you to update, please upgrade the firmware again via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-10-18
Use props
Grymauch
New
Australia

DJI2 go app does not recognise any drones. Says not connected.
2017-10-18
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Grymauch Posted at 2017-10-18 04:47

I have had similar issues when using galaxy tab a 7"
But when i use galaxy s7 edge it works fine every time.
Have you tried different usb cables and or a different devices
2017-10-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Be patient and try working with the DJI Assistant 2. Had similar issues but was able to get it going with the help of the DJI A2. Reboot both RC/AC and start over. Trust me for me it was a pain in the ARSE but I got it up and running with the DJI A2 system.  Good luck !  
2017-10-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

" $2.5k and this thing should be slapping me on the ass and making breakfast"

2017-10-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

LOL   I like that too!
2017-10-18
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-18 07:20

Me 3
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Grymauch Posted at 2017-10-18 04:47

Like Thor and M.C Pilot mentioned, try using the Assistant 2 Software to upgrade/reapply the firmware. After that, I'd recommend resetting the unit to factory defaults. To give yourself a fresh start on the mobile device, I would recommend reinstalling the app. Could you happen to clarify which OS version your iPad is running as well?
2017-10-18
Use props
Grymauch
New
Australia

Sorted. Updated OS, factory reset, reinstalled firmware and boom. No breakfast or sensual  bottom pats yet but we're still in the "getting to know you" phase, so i'm hopeful......
I'm flying!

Many thanks for all the help lads n' ladies. Much appreciated!
2017-10-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grymauch Posted at 2017-10-18 20:21
Sorted. Updated OS, factory reset, reinstalled firmware and boom. No breakfast or sensual  bottom pats yet but we're still in the "getting to know you" phase, so i'm hopeful......
I'm flying!

Aloha Grymauch,

Good to see you are in the air.  Are you using the iOS approved Lightning Cable?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-19
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grymauch Posted at 2017-10-18 20:21
I'm flying!

Aloha Grymauch,

Also, be sure to edit your Thread Title to indicate the problem is solved.  Something like "[Solved]" before or after the title.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules