Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turns Out I can't Fly My Drone Any where ;(
2168 20 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheKJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

So i contact the local Council And They State "[size=14.6667px]Thank you for your enquiry; I’m afraid that we don’t currently give permission to fly drones in the public parks" I can't fly the drone any where lol. Either she is Wrong Or I'm A Dence Person Lol cause i just wanna fly or go to india where im fine ;) Please help if any one cause i was flying in parks any way i don;t know what to do or belive I should just give up at this point or what ?????????????????????
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience. You can check the information of fly safe in our website and see where to fly.
Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly.
2017-10-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Ideas:  

Go to a friend's house that has decent sight lines.

Take a drive out in the rural areas.  You'll find something.

Check out nearby churches with some open land.

Peruse google maps, find a good open spot that has a good place to park the car.  

See if there are any flying clubs in your area.

Good luck
2017-10-18
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-18 03:24
Sorry for your experience. You can check the information of fly safe in our website and see where to fly.
Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly.

thank you tho but ill go to where there is no restrictions but would i get  caught that's the thing i dunno
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TheKJ Posted at 2017-10-18 03:57
thank you tho but ill go to where there is no restrictions but would i get  caught that's the thing i dunno

You can refer to the No Fly Zone map, but the map DJI provided is for reference. You can also try to contact to local authorities to see if you could fly the drone there.
2017-10-18
Use props
JW5255
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What you must determine is; Is there any rules or laws in place from preventing you from flying in theses areas safely.  I suspect if you try to obtain permission to fly from any property you are most likely to get a "no", simply because they do not want to take any responsibility.  In Canada the National Parks are out of bounds by law.  Provincial and municipal parks and property are fair game, as long as you fly by the federal air regulations, safely and responsibly.  I might also add, I think we can over fly National Parks, but not allowed to land and take-off within their boundaries.  Check the local laws.  The bottom line is, You probably do not require permission.
2017-10-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I read a post once where somebody suggested it might be best NOT to ask permission because they will think they are liable if they grant permission - even if they really don't care.
2017-10-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drive out to the countryside; look for an open area and have fun !  You may not be able to fly in 'Public Parks' but I'm sure you can in a lot of other areas that's not restricted; go explore.
2017-10-18
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

For locations where it's not explicitly disallowed, it is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.  This advice works for wives too, when they see the $1500 charge on the credit card bill for another drone.
2017-10-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Agree with Irate, at most , most will tell you to stop.  Chances are they won't even know it
2017-10-18
Use props
Barney2k
Second Officer
United Kingdom

You definitely can fly - you just need to follow all the UK regulations.

Good guide to it here.
2017-10-18
Use props
RMJovo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

Thank goodness that so far in the suburbs around me thay have not blocked drones in city parks, we even have had groups of 10-16 people flying racing drones along with different types and vintage DJI drones on weekend meets (what a gas watching people retrieve racing drones from trees)....I am retired so I fly in the city parks during the weekdays when little to no one is around to interfere or complain makes flying nice but also means nothing to video or snap pictures of.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with 8#. Take several hours and drive out to the countryside. I would not happy if someone stopped me when I was flying the drone.  
2017-10-18
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I feel you pain. I understand we have the same laws here. I just fly and take the chance do do anything crazy.
2017-10-18
Use props
Dockater
First Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

I would be interested to know what a lawyer would make of the wording the council reply uses, there is no direct ban, just the implication. As the regulations for air space are a matter for the caa and providing there are no limitations imposed then you should have the same rights as any other airspace user. Most certainly the local council can forbid you to take-off and land on their terrain, but forbidding overflights and at what flight level!

Sometimes it is a mistake to ask. I know - Ignorantia juris non excusat - ignorance of the law is no excuse. But providing you have made “reasonable effort” to find out then you have a good case.

The the legal basis of the above assumes that the law in question has been properly promulgated, published and distributed, for example, by being printed in a government paper, made available over the internet, or printed in volumes available for sale to the public at affordable prices. In the ancient phrase of Gratian, Leges instituuntur cum promulgantur ("Laws are instituted when they are promulgated").
2017-10-19
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-10-19 13:10
I would be interested to know what a lawyer would make of the wording the council reply uses, there is no direct ban, just the implication. As the regulations for air space are a matter for the caa and providing there are no limitations imposed then you should have the same rights as any other airspace user. Most certainly the local council can forbid you to take-off and land on their terrain, but forbidding overflights and at what flight level!

Sometimes it is a mistake to ask. I know - Ignorantia juris non excusat - ignorance of the law is no excuse. But providing you have made “reasonable effort” to find out then you have a good case.

Wow didn't know anyone spoke or used Latin anymore
2017-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-19 15:58
Wow didn't know anyone spoke or used Latin anymore

Non excretum Taurus....
2017-10-19
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-19 16:00
Non excretum Taurus....

Now that wasn't nice
2017-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Roughly translates to: 'No B*llsh*t'
2017-10-19
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-19 16:44

No no I got it, I took Latin in High School, why I don't know, didn't want to take French or Spanish

Although I can't remember much, but I can kinda make out stuff here and there...
2017-10-19
Use props
Dockater
First Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-19 16:44

"Nihil taurus crappu" is arguably better.

My personal preference is "Nunquam invado a mingit conflictus cum a skunk"
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules