2565 19 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear Pilots,

I am from Brazil and we don’t have DJI warranties here.

There is just one company that offers some technical support saying they are accredited by DJI.

My Mavic has 4 months, and is with aircraft motor overload problem.

I send the drone to them and they said that the flex cable that performs the telemetry connection with the gimbal has some trails that are “blown up”.

They accused me to use it in hard situations or to turn it on with the clamp.

At this point they say this issue has no warranty cover.

I have a helipad, never took over or landed on dusty places or grassy.

Never turned on the Mavic with the clamp, but they are saying I did.

So, just for you to understand, talking about cash: here in Brazil a MP costs 7K bucks. As if you, in the entire world had to pay 7K dolars, euros, etc.

The company is asking me another 2K bucks to fix and has the chance not to fix the problem (just for you to remember: I am in Brazil).

So, having such a disgusting service, and knowing DJI will not help me, because they even don’t know Brazil exists, I am here, asking for some help.

I know that here in the forum there are many experienced pilots even in hardware.

I am planning to by this cable and find some tutorials to change it by myself.

Of course, I know the risks, but my MP is finished yet. I cannot fly with it. So, it will not be a loss, as big as It has just been.

Could anyone of you help me find this cable and find some tutorials to change it.

I appreciate.

2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing, may I know where did you purchase the drone? We don't have official repair center in Brazil, you can try to contact support.us@dji.com for a further help.
2017-10-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

"here in Brazil a MP costs 7K bucks."

WOW !    pretty expensive to buy MP in Brazil for $7000....Brazilian RL? I totally understand why you'd want to repair on your own. I'm sure there should be 'How-to-do' videos out there.
2017-10-18
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-18 04:55
I am sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing, may I know where did you purchase the drone? We don't have official repair center at Brazil, you can try to contact  for a further help.

Dear Thor,
I purchased in a store called MODELISMO BH. It is located in Belo Horizonte, capital of the state I live.
But they are not the technical support; these guys are from Dronetecnia, at Curitiba (other capital from other state).
If you have other questions, let me know, and thanks for your interest.
2017-10-18
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-10-18 06:19
"here in Brazil a MP costs 7K bucks."

WOW !    pretty expensive to buy MP in Brazil for $7000....Brazilian RL? I totally understand why you'd want to repair on your own. I'm sure there should be 'How-to-do' videos out there.

Dear M.C. Pilot,

Yeah! And that is the reason I came here. I need to talk to someone who could help me.
The cable is something about 15 bucks. Should I buy one and try to change????
A complete gimball is about 150 bucks!!!!! Should I go for it?????
Those are two of many questions I wish to discuss with someone who has some experience.
Thanks.
2017-10-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-18 08:56
Dear M.C. Pilot,

Yeah! And that is the reason I came here. I need to talk to someone who could help me.

Product cost sounds reasonable but in terms of how to repair?, honestly I can't even begin to tell you what to you. You're really going to need someone that's truly an expert to walk you through the repairs if it's even possible for you to pull through with this task.

If you're mechanically-inclined, who knows you might be able to repair. I saw a couple of You Tube vids out there; maybe contacting one of them and work on the steps of repair via Skype?

2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-18 08:53
Dear Thor,
I purchased in a store called MODELISMO BH. It is located in Belo Horizonte, capital of the state I live.
But they are not the technical support; these guys are from Dronetecnia, at Curitiba (other capital from other state).

Pretty sorry for the inconvenience, have you also try to contact the retailer to see if there is a help? You can try to contact them.
2017-10-18
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-18 23:30
Pretty sorry for the inconvenience, have you also try to contact the retailer to see if there is a help? You can try to contact them.

Hey Thor,

I contacted!
They said they would try to make a better price for the service!!!!
A joke!
This pain in the A@$#$% country called Brasil is a joke!!!!!
2017-10-19
Use props
OhYa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172635 ft
United States

Ya, thats bad.
2017-10-19
Use props
OhYa
lvl.1
United States

Ya, thats bad.I live in the Philippines & also in the USA.
I had to wait 2 months to get back to the USA before I could send it in.

I just wish they sold repair parts, so we could fix them
2017-10-19
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

OhYa Posted at 2017-10-19 14:01
Ya, thats bad.I live in the Philippines & also in the USA.
I had to wait 2 months to get back to the USA before I could send it in.

I recommend that when you buy your parts, to buy extra - like one complete set of gimbal cables (1) plus the mounting board it sits on (with the 4 rubber bands).   If you are like me and take your drone out of country often and MUST have the camera working right away should it get messes up; you need spare parts!
2017-10-19
Use props
OhYa
lvl.1
United States

Yes, very true.
I just wish they sold the parts!
I need an extra Gimbal Control Board, which they dont sell.
I was in the Philippines for 2 months, my Gimbal went out after 1 week there.
2017-10-19
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-10-19 14:22
I recommend that when you buy your parts, to buy extra - like one complete set of gimbal cables (1) plus the mounting board it sits on (with the 4 rubber bands).   If you are like me and take your drone out of country often and MUST have the camera working right away should it get messes up; you need spare parts!

"If you are like me and take your drone out of country often and MUST have the camera working right away should it get messes up; you need spare parts!"

Agreed; the ideal thing to do especially if your doing a lot of traveling and mechanically-inclined.
2017-10-19
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

But, just for you to realize, buying spare parts for us is still a great problem.
2017-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-20 03:53
But, just for you to realize, buying spare parts for us is still a great problem.

Have you tried to contact dji to explain your difficulty in getting your drone repaired. I have seen here some guy from Eastern Europe who crashed his Mavic due to compass problem. He purchased in the US but could not send it back for repair due to the cost,
So to cut a long story short he needed new gimbal and gimbal ribbon, dji ken arranged for him to buy these items from dji and he repaired his Mavic himself.
So maybe contact a dji mod maybe dji joe put you case to him and maybe he can do something for you.
2017-10-24
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-24 15:18
Have you tried to contact dji to explain your difficulty in getting your drone repaired. I have seen here some guy from Eastern Europe who crashed his Mavic due to compass problem. He purchased in the US but could not send it back for repair due to the cost,
So to cut a long story short he needed new gimbal and gimbal ribbon, dji ken arranged for him to buy these items from dji and he repaired his Mavic himself.
So maybe contact a dji mod maybe dji joe put you case to him and maybe he can do something for you.

Dear hallmark_007,

Let me try to explain to you all the situation.
I must ask you not to think with the vision of your reality. Here, in Brazil we live in a parallel universe.
Here in Brazil, it is difficult to be honest, correct. We live stained on corruption, immorality and so on.  Unfortunately! And I am not proud of it, and I don’t accept this for me, and my family….but….here is where I was born….so…I do believe I have to be strong in my beliefs and try to teach my child to be someone better than what we have here.
Saying this:
A drone in USA costs 999 bucks. As ro_flyer said, you can go there and buy yours.
If you are a correct guy like ro_flyer and me , you will declare on customs and pay 50% of 499 bucks (because you can import only 500 bucks).
So, your drone will cost you 1250 bucks.
But here in Brazil we have two departments: ANATEL that controls mobile technology and ANAC that controls the airspace.
We must get two certificates from them and it is a pain in the a@$#%$$$ to get it; and will cost you something like 1K bucks!
And bringing a drone from US you certainly do not have warranties.
Ok! Now, let see my reality:
I decided to buy my drone here, in Brazil.
I payed 7k bucks! It was on may 2017.
The store I bought offered me the two certificates; from ANATEL and ANAC and said me that there is a company here in Brazil that is technically representative of DJI. So, if the drone gets some problem they would solve.
So, despite of paying 7K bucks, I decided to get my MP here.
With 3 months and little fly’s, I got the motor overload.
I tried to fly one or two times, because sometimes the gimbal worked, but it was not possible.
Then, I called the store I bought the MP and they told me to send the drone to that technical support I said earlier.
I send the drone and received an email, days after, saying they tested my drone and it has some trails on the flex cable that is blown up, and it occurred because I turned it on with the clamp or I landed in dirty! And so on, it has no warranties!
The cost of the repair would be 2K bucks.
Now, I will tell you something (and I would love to be saying this staring at you, because I have no reason to lie): I never turned on my MP with the clamp, and I have never landed on dirty places (I have a helipad).
We all know, despite of what DJI assumes, this is a hardware problem. It was not my fault or guilty!
But I am not blaming DJI; I am not screaming to the crowd to fell sympathy on me.
I am just trying to discuss and expose my situation.
But, continuing! Hey, hallmark, are you still there???? Wake up!!! Huahuahaau!!!
So, you asked me to go to DJI.
Ok! I exposed the situation here. We have many DJI guys here!
I don’t suppose they will be able to do many things to me.
And am I blaming someone? No!
Because, if they get me a gimbal complete set, it will probably cost me 800 – 1000 bucks (directly from DJI). On customs they will tax me on 100%....yeah! Do you remember when I said about corruption?????
So, the complete set will cost me 1600 – 2K bucks.
So, I get, from ebay one flex cable, paying 50 bucks and I will try to change it by myself. If it fixes the problem, that I am not believing so hard, I will be the luckiest guy in the planet.
If it doesn’t fix the problem, I will have to sell my MP.
I don’t have another drone. I am not a millionaire!
I am not flying! So…that is my story! And I am here not to throw stones on nobody. I am just here exposing my situation!
Simple as that.
I apologize to take your time with this book I wrote, but I would like you to understand the whole situation.
Thank you for your attention.

2017-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-10-25 02:22
Dear hallmark_007,

Let me try to explain to you all the situation.

Hopefully eBay will work out for you good luck.
2017-10-25
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-25 10:19
Hopefully eBay will work out for you good luck.

Thanks!
You almost gave me hope!
2017-10-25
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Try this guy:
https://www.facebook.com/Thunder-Drones-1788483088071702/
He is in Florida, I beleive, but has been more than helpful  in  experience with Mavic repairs aftermarket/warranty.
2017-10-25
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Brazil

Dear Flycaster,

Thank you very much.
I will try to get some info from him.
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced