Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Map with DJI Go 4 android version
2303 8 2017-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dimu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375 ft
Sri Lanka

Since Android does not allow mobile data while connected on Wifi (connected to RC), the map does not load for me. It show a blank box with Spark arrow in the moddle. How to get the map loaded while still connected to RC via wifi?
2017-10-18
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
First Officer
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

If you have  SIM card and allow mobile data via the cellular network, you will have internet connection.
2017-10-18
Use props
Pappy3
First Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-18 06:21
If you have  SIM card and allow mobile data via the cellular network, you will have internet connection.

Dimu may have the same problem as I about having the WiFi and cellular connection on at the same time, I believe the phone's hardware just simply doesn't support this. I have a Moto G5 Plus and have tried turning on "Cellular data always active" under the "Developeer Options" settings and as soon as I connect to the Spark RC via WiFi the cellular connection is disconnected and so no internet connectiveity while connected to the Spark's RC.

Dimu, you have two options to have a map while flying
  • Preload the map - open the DJI Go 4 app, click on the hamburger like icon (3 horizontol lines) in top right corner of app, select "Offline Map", then select the appropriate region/state. (As of this writing the "Offline Maps" isn't working for Ver 4.1.10. I get the message "Acquiring Offline City List", which fails, and then I can no longer manage offline maps.)
  • Use an OTG cable to connect your phone to the RC. Since you no longer need WiFi to connect to the RC your cellular connection can remain on. Maps can then be downloaded over the internet while flying, including satellite overlay.

2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Pappy3 Posted at 2017-10-18 07:51
Dimu may have the same problem as I about having the WiFi and cellular connection on at the same time, I believe the phone's hardware just simply doesn't support this. I have a Moto G5 Plus and have tried turning on "Cellular data always active" under the "Developeer Options" settings and as soon as I connect to the Spark RC via WiFi the cellular connection is disconnected and so no internet connectiveity while connected to the Spark's RC.

Dimu, you have two options to have a map while flying

Pappy3, can you provide the screenshot of "acquiring offline city list" ? Did you try to reinstall the app and see if you can download the map. Thanks for your support.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Dimu, please try to download offline map through the app and you should ensure that you have solid Internet when you download it.
2017-10-18
Use props
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

OFFLINE MAP DOWNLOAD DOSE NOT WORK CURRENTLY DUE TO 4.1.10 APP BUG ON ANDROID....YOU CANT DO ANYTHING....JUST MAKE A BUG REPORT INSIDR THE APP...
2017-10-19
Use props
Pappy3
First Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-18 19:53
Pappy3, can you provide the screenshot of "acquiring offline city list" ? Did you try to reinstall the app and see if you can download the map. Thanks for your support.

Seems as though many others are experiencing this as well. Check the Mavic forum (https://forum.dji.com/thread-116018-1-2.html). Post #21 shows the same screens that are showing up for me. I have submitted a bug report from the GO 4 app with attached screenshots.
2017-10-20
Use props
Dimu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375 ft
Sri Lanka

When I try to download offline maps, it first comes like this

Then it says "Network unavailable"

Then

2017-10-20
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

yea, offline map has seized to work since 4.1.8 actually..4.1.9 and 4.1.10 also can't download any offline maps.it either just hangs there, says no network or just says pending until it times out.
there's another thread about that as well..everyone seems to be facing the same issue and DJI hasn't fixed it for quite a while now
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules