Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

I am not sure what you need to investigate but this event cost me some propellers when the little spark that have 9 minutes under it's wings lost connection - something i have experienced before and the thing that happens is that i feel that the right stick stops responding and then its a flyaway - i have the flight records and have attached those here.
Pre flight i checked all the equipment and looked at the KP index on polar pros app and it showed 5 - Medium interference. I just don't trust this little bird anymore and the only thing is to go OTG and i tried to use that but the app refused to connect - there is something going on that i just don't like. Phone was an iphone 7 plus with BT off GPRS on for map download (this is essential for me to have even though you can cache the maps - its intended to work).

I don't say I am an experienced pilot but I have 12 hour+ flight time on the Mavic Pro with no incidents at all even in Sport mode as also was the case on the above.

Link to the flight

Any thoughts?

Kind Regards,
//First time crasher

2017-10-18
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

Your flight records are not readable on my machine....
2017-10-18
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having briefly looked at your Flight Record from your phone, there isn't a lot to go on there.  I'm guessing you will probably need to get the blackbox data from the Spark itself and send to DJI for analysis.

I'm curious though, I'm always trying to learn and correlate what I see in the logs to what the user experienced.  Would it be possible for you to describe your flight and at what point the problem occurred and the exact behavior that happened when it occurred?  Thanks much!

2017-10-18
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also, did the Spark power off when it crashed or was it still powered up when you got to it?
2017-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can upload flight log to link below just click on link and follow instructions come back here and post your link. It will give you a better understanding of what might have happened.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-10-18
Use props
djiuser_eUbU6zY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60574 ft
Sweden

After some tests, I think it's SD-card that is the reason for GPS loss.
i removed sd card and flew without Looks work better no more GPS lost and ATTI-mode.
It looks like an SD card interferes with the GPS receiver.
2017-10-18
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-10-18 08:13
Also, did the Spark power off when it crashed or was it still powered up when you got to it?

Nope power was on and that was why i found it quite fast after crashing
2017-10-18
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

am I missing something here. but OTG cables and IOS don't work well.  I have never used one and have not had a connection issue.  Secondly, didn't DJI say not to use an OTG cable?
2017-10-18
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-10-18 09:47
am I missing something here. but OTG cables and IOS don't work well.  I have never used one and have not had a connection issue.  Secondly, didn't DJI say not to use an OTG cable?

That’s why I used WiFi and crashed
2017-10-18
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-10-18 09:41
Nope power was on and that was why i found it quite fast after crashing

Would it be possible to give a description of the flight as previously mentioned?  Sometimes it makes it easier to correlate what you saw with what I see in the logs.
2017-10-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-10-18 09:56
That’s why I used WiFi and crashed

Feel sorry about the accident. Since you can not find your drone, please contact our support and start a case. http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-10-18
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-18 19:33
Feel sorry about the accident. Since you can not find your drone, please contact our support and start a case. http://www.dji.com/support.

Hi i did find my drone sorry to not make that clear is the same steps - support?
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-10-19 05:59
Hi i did find my drone sorry to not make that clear is the same steps - support?

Did your spark function well? If it was damaged, I would recommend you send it back for check and provide the flight data. Here is the way of exporting the data:
2017-10-20
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-20 01:28
Did your spark function well? If it was damaged, I would recommend you send it back for check and provide the flight data. Here is the way of exporting the data:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&t=1s

Thank you for your response and instructions, i have a problem though i use windows 10 Creators update and it demands signed drivers - that said i have put Windwos in test mode and used F8 to restart it in a mode where i can install the driver - no luck so i actually think you need to get your (or the third party Chinese drivers that are used) signed.  Can you please give us an update on this?
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-10-20 07:22
Thank you for your response and instructions, i have a problem though i use windows 10 Creators update and it demands signed drivers - that said i have put Windwos in test mode and used F8 to restart it in a mode where i can install the driver - no luck so i actually think you need to get your (or the third party Chinese drivers that are used) signed.  Can you please give us an update on this?

Please ensure that you download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2  v1.1.6. If not, please use it to update again.
2017-10-20
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-20 22:55
Please ensure that you download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2  v1.1.6. If not, please use it to update again.

That's the version you are providing and me using - tried on 3 computers - you need to fix this - it's Not a user problem its a "you have not Signed your driver" problem - It Cannot install the proper Drivers Due to this
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-10-21 03:16
That's the version you are providing and me using - tried on 3 computers - you need to fix this - it's Not a user problem its a "you have not Signed your driver" problem - It Cannot install the proper Drivers Due to this

In this case, since your spark crashed before, it might be damaged and failed to be recognized by DJI Assistant 2. Please send it back for us to check.
2017-10-23
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-23 22:31
In this case, since your spark crashed before, it might be damaged and failed to be recognized by DJI Assistant 2. Please send it back for us to check.

None of My drones gets recognized (Mavic and Spark) and i lost connection before  - not crashed - just to be clear is this support or is there a tier 2 or 3 that i can contact?
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-10-23 23:21
None of My drones gets recognized (Mavic and Spark) and i lost connection before  - not crashed - just to be clear is this support or is there a tier 2 or 3 that i can contact?

You can enter http://www.dji.com/support and follow the instruction to get help. Can you provide a screenshot of the message from your computer? What is the system of your computer?
2017-10-24
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-24 01:54
You can enter http://www.dji.com/support and follow the instruction to get help. Can you provide a screenshot of the message from your computer? What is the system of your computer?

its WINDWOS 10 FALL Creators edition - DJI!!!!! NEED TO CERTIFY THE DRIVERS FOR WFCE!!!!!!!

and: Can you PLEASE provide a screenshot of the message from your computer? :NO
2017-10-28
Use props
fansc8d9a8cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5089 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_eUbU6zY Posted at 2017-10-18 09:37
After some tests, I think it's SD-card that is the reason for GPS loss.
i removed sd card and flew without Looks work better no more GPS lost and ATTI-mode.
It looks like an SD card interferes with the GPS receiver.

Possible, I had a RC disconnect after taking a picture with a (very) slow shutter speed
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules